Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.540.0 Live Feedback for 7/11/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

From the patch notes:

"Players are now able to re-enter a scenario after canceling out of a campaign queue."

The use of the term scenario is ACE language not player language. What is a scenario? I assume this would be a Dregs campaign?

Feedback on UI from new players:

People don't understand the UI in the lobby with the "Play" button on the bottom" and the "Enter Campaign" button with your character pic on it. It confused many people that in order to change servers/worlds, you have to click the green "Play" button. It would suggest to me if I were a new player that it would take me into my current world.

This UI element should say something like "Select World or Campaign" instead of "play".

7 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

Feedback on UI from new players:

People don't understand the UI in the lobby with the "Play" button on the bottom" and the "Enter Campaign" button with your character pic on it. It confused many people that in order to change servers/worlds, you have to click the green "Play" button. It would suggest to me if I were a new player that it would take me into my current world.

This UI element should say something like "Select World or Campaign" instead of "play".

100% agree, turn it back to "Select Campaign"

If a user has joined a guild, guild chat must go first before world chat. Many new users do not know that there is one. 
Group invitations do not work via the friendlist. 
It should be possible to change jobs in the kingdom. Professions don't stack in the backpack 
when they drop and you pull them apart. 
Sorry for the english. 
Is translator.
Edited by Abkratzer

EKs should be treated as temples: IE you should be able to remove disciplines there. There is no mechanical limitation preventing you from going to a starter world temple and swapping and returning to an EK, its just a hassle for players.

Mounts shouldn't decay in EKs and Temple zones, (just seems.. I dunno, cheap? silly?)

Quests should be able to be untracked. Especially with the fast start bypassing the tutorial level up process, constantly have a ? on the map seems silly.

Spawn immunity should really be ended prematurely when you have input. We were fighting for a spawn point and one of the defenders was able to respawn and go deposit / get items from his vault with impunity, as well as position himself in the middle of us before we could fight. (melee)

-Far off wish list:

EKs should probably have a searchable vendor list from the selection screen. If you want to force people to join to actually go interact that is fine, but having to go ek to ek to even browse is a bit of a slog. I'm sure some more enterprising guilds will come up with a website listing solution or the like, but really in game should be at least usable.

The wildlines tutorial needs to be more show and less tell. You should participate in an actual mock battle for some zones instead of just a single player kill this objective. Put all the lessons together and have some npcs that standoff fight while the player accomplishes a mock castle assault.

I was also coming here to say that we should be able to swap disciplines in our EKs. It is incredibly annoying for crafters to have to leave and come back. Not to mention an unnecessary burden on your login servers.

We also need a way to get out of build mode. In my home and guild buildings I am constantly being presented with the options to move or pick it up. I don't need the entire building to be highlighted all the time. And I already accidentally ejected a noble's house.

Please allow us to modify our chat windows so we can have multiple channels in one tab, rather than constantly having to switch between them.

Crushing quivers are no longer stunning on 3rd hit with full charged hit.
Crafted quivers i think need a bit more durability too, they kinda break rather quickly i havant been doing PvE and im half way through my second quiver after 11 deaths and there a bit of a pain with the heartwood stack requirment (Could just make all heartwood the same sicne the type doesnt matter it a pain to get 5 of the same type/colour to make a quiver, Bones and blood seems to be the same too colour doesnt matter it seems and it just takes up muuiltipul stacks in banks and a pain to craft since u need same type.)

UI feedback: we realy need more customisation for it resizing moving and all that.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

The game design is very compelling, but the performance of the game is abysmal.  Framerates were so low.  I have a Radeon 5700 XT and I couldn't break 30 fps with nothing else on the screen.  During siege the framerate was less than 1 at times.  Please go all hands on deck for fixing performance!

I want to point out that the current in game map does not really fit with the rest of the UI theme in a few ways, the first and foremost being the amount of time it takes to switch to and from the map.  All other UI elements when toggled perform instantly (inventory, skill tree, etc.) and do not interrupt the flow of the game, but the map brings you to a complete halt.  I don't know if it is a design choice that a minimap doesn't exist, and I am okay with that design choice but I think the world map should at least be more functional, have it display similar to the inventory where it can be brought up and closed without disrupting your view of the environment and with no delay in changing the scene.

Take your map from Shadowbane for example, the UI in Crowfall may not be as adaptive as that of Shadowbane but the functionality was there, it was non interruptive toward gameplay in every way.  Even leaving the current map in for a more detailed and strategic view for someone who is commanding on a large scale, but giving us the option of having the more performance oriented and collapsing map would be a massive upgrade.

There should be a minimum distance between camps and Keeps. I legit think both Vahla and kazadar  have keeps so close you can Disengage from mobs straight to the keep gate.

This makes raiding such camps pretty damn near suicide, you will raid it kill the 5-6 farming there and if you dont run in less than 3 min you are gonna zerged by a huge group coming from the keep.

We have had that happen in multiple days. we come with one party or 2, kick ass but them get zerged by 20-30.

This isnt even a complaint about zerging, it happens, but there should be at least some safety about making it this easy.

Worst part about the game? The UI.

Relabel the "Play" button on the main menu, I don't think of the word "play" when I want to back out the server I'm in.

The worst part is the chat box. I should be able to customize my chat channels, I don't want to have my whispers, party chat, guild chat, etc all in different tabs that I have to cycle through like a mad man. It's clunky, it's unpleasant, and makes things more difficult than they need to be. I shouldn't have to write down a CMD command prompt to invite a person to a party, or get a micrometer next to their character to invite them.

Processes like these need to be improved, cause I can handle bugs and balance issues all day, but when something as simple as communicating with other people is such a massive chore, it really kills the desire for me to keep playing  a game that focuses around player interaction.

ALSO

Respecing... respecing is something that is done non-stop. Not only to experiment with your combat class, but also when you want to go gathering or crafting. It is soooo clunky to have to remember your talents and attributes, and then spam click to get it there.

Here is what I suggest- Make loadouts. Make build loadouts you can save, so that whenever you go to respec to do something, you can be like "ah yes, my mining loadout," and click, bam, that easy. Or maybe even, "Ah we need a healer, let me switch to my healing build" it would save soooo much pain.

There's a lot more issues I have I could spend all day talking about, but I figure I should just start small for now instead of vomiting a novel worth of complaints out.

Edited by Colten822

I wish there was a memory and grace period with authenticators.  I don't want to reach for my phone every time I log in.

Edit:  Much love to you guys for all the hard work!

Edited by Devout

Duelist Major Disc "Tunnel King" ability "Tunnel" triggers cooldown when receiving "invalid tunnel location".  This is a costly consequence when one cannot tell where or where not is a "valid tunnel location".