Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eternal Kingdoms: Here Is What End-Game Will Look Like - Do The Kickstarter Rewards Make Crowfall Pay2Win?

An interesting point was brought up on this thread here http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3182-incentives-for-dregs-vs-gvg-why-would-a-guild-play-gvg/ that I think deserves it's own discussion.

It doesn't really matter. "legendary items" aren't the primary payout from campaigns as far as i understand. The primary payout is in resources. Granular stacks items that can be easily split between all participating members after all but the "final 5" or "final victor" purposely fall on their swords.

or, in a successful guild, allocated appropriately to that guild's domination of the EK economy because most of the people in the dregs matches don't have much use for the winnings anyway outside of bragging rights, as they can't carry those winnings over to the next dregs campaign.

This is actually a very important point to bring up and to consider. End-game will be based on which ever guild has the best EK and thus best vendors and thus more traffic and finally more money coming in from customers.

Of course this also means that the tax free parcels of land you get from the expensive Kickstarter reward tiers kind of makes this game Pay2Win for those generous early adopters. The people paying $1000-$10000 will have a huge advantage a few months down the line once space starts becoming scarce.

The more land you have that is "Tax Free" the more people will be willing to pay rent to sell and trade stuff in your "popular" EK.. you will also attract more guild members since the Guild's EK will have enough space to give their members their own Cottage to sell their loots in.

Sure your guild REALLY doesn't need to have an EK but then what good is it to stack and fight for materials/resources?

Since they already said that the Parcels you can get from the Kickstarter will not be available outside of the kickstarter it's important to find out what exactly "Tax Free" means (does having more land cost real $$$ and does this tax mean a reoccuring payment to keep that land?) and we also need to find out if you will be able to stack your kickstarter parcels with Pacels you will be able to purchase later on.

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, pretty sure your thread is poorly made socks p2w whining.   How is there an end game when every campaign is a fresh start with zero or very limited imports....

Dear Mister or Miss Original Poster,   Please stop speaking in absolutes about game mechanics which are not even out of theoretical planning stages. Instead, offer suggestions as to how you would li

This keeps coming up and makes me wanna cry.  Shut up about pay 2 win.  The game hasn't even come close to release yet. 

Having more land basically means you can have more vanity houses to set up shops in, and more people to trade with. It's primarily a social benefit, that's it.

Also, remember that the Fealty system is separate from the Guild system. So just because you don't have enough land to divvy out to your entire guild doesn't mean they can't still access your Kingdom or join you in Campaigns.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

how.... you have your own EK... how would land became a commodity

?

Not sure if you read my post.. here I'll break down the answer to your question:

The more land you have the more buildings you will be able to erect... Eternal Kingdoms will be the hub that drives the player based economy outside of campaigns (the static market). The main objective is to gather materials and resources to build EK's, most players will have no use materials other than bragging rights so what will end up happening is that Guilds will use the best and most of the materials gathered to build up the Guild's Eternal Kingdom.

If everyone is working towards building the Guild's Eternal Kingdom (which will likely be the Guild Leaders EK), then everyone in the guild will have better stuff faster than people gathering materials by themselves for their own personal EK. This also means that people will be attracted to your Guild's EK because the best guilds will have the best items for sale.

Since you can allow other players to place buildings in your EK, Guilds with more parcels of land will attract more and better players. Guild will grant members the ability to sell items in the Guild EK.

The concern is that some parcel types (tax free land) will only be available to those making large KickStarter pledges. Since having more land means having more buildings and having more building means your EK is more popular to people looking to buy stuff (one stop shop) being able to have more land than everyone else because you're a large KickStarter Patron may create imbalance.

Some things need to be clarified regarding the land Tax for getting more parcels of land. If the "Tax" referred to in the "Tax-Free" parcels of land you get from Kickstarter are acquired by making Monthly Payments of real $$$ then it's unbalanced. If the "Tax" to acquire more parcels of land are one time IRL cash payments then it's not imbalanced. Since it'll take a few months for land to become scarce people will have time to buy as needed.

Guess the most important question in this thread is what exactly is the Parcel Land Tax? Is it reoccurring monthly payments of real money or are they one time payments.

Secondly, it is important to find out if players will be able to stack these KickStarter parcels of land on top of the "max" parcels of land acquirable via the Taxable versions of land. (Will there be a max amount of land you can purchase for you EK?)

If there is a Maximum number of Taxable land and the KickStarter Parcels allow you to by-pass this max then there is imbalance (reason stated above).

^ Three important questions there, can we please get an official answer? 

Having more land basically means you can have more vanity houses to set up shops in, and more people to trade with. It's primarily a social benefit, that's it.

Also, remember that the Fealty system is separate from the Guild system. So just because you don't have enough land to divvy out to your entire guild doesn't mean they can't still access your Kingdom or join you in Campaigns.

It's important to keep in mind that the social aspect of this game will be alot more important than you typical game. Social Power will actually and usually means Economic Power.

Also, since guild members are contributing resources to the Guild EK they will want to have their own plots of land on the "official" Guild EK. If you don't have this extra land to offer you will be alot less attractive to prospective members and people looking for a One-Stop-Shop-EK with many different vendors.

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

we are talking about how people can work together to pool their EK resources for their guilds.  Structures should be no problem to place on your guild world instead of your own, but parcels can be problematic. We're still discussing it internally to see if we can come up with a solution that you guys will be happy with, but won't break the game.

As for the buildings themselves, yes, they are cosmetic -- but, yes, you can slot NPCs and crafting stations inside them.  Then again, you can do that in other buildings too, so that's not particularly unique to these buildings.

Todd

ACE
( didnt know how to quote cross fourms )  but yes i understand your question better the second time.

If you care about who has the bestest ever EK, then yes... the kickstarter is p2w. This is also like saying whomever has the most aethetic items from a cash shop is pay to win.

EKs are something to do outside campaigns. There is no end game.

My other question is the buildings. As Todd said, yes they are cosmetic, but you can slot NPCs and crafting stations inside them. It also is a question of what does it take to get one of these buildings of equal value? Would it take a few compaigns to get a manor compared to just paying for one via Kickstarter? Also how important is it to have these npcs and crafting stations? Would a player that pledged money and got a building that could have a crafting station be ahead of a player that has to make one?

For example,

Player A pledged money and has a building that can have a crafting station.

Player B pledged no money.

Player A and B play Campaign 1 and gather resources. Player A gathered and exported resources to create gear. Player B gathered and exported resources to create a building. Player A and B go back to EK and craft. Player A used the resources they exported from Campaign 1 to craft gear using the crafting station they were able to place since they spend real life money on a building. Player B used the resources they exported from Campaign 1 to craft said building. Campaign 2 comes around. Player A comes into Campaign 2 with gear they were able to make from Campaign 1. Player B comes into Campaign 2 to gather resources for gear. They come into the Campaign without the gear since they had to spend Campaign 1 getting resources to build the building in EK.

This keeps coming up and makes me wanna cry.  Shut up about pay 2 win.  The game hasn't even come close to release yet. 

Intellectual honesty is an applied method of problem solving, characterized by an unbiased, honest attitude, which can be demonstrated in a number of different ways:

• One's personal beliefs do not interfere with the pursuit of truth;
  • Relevant facts and information are not purposefully omitted even when such things may contradict one's hypothesis;
  • Facts are presented in an unbiased manner, and not twisted to give misleading impressions or to support one view over another;
  • References, or earlier work, are acknowledged where possible, and plagiarism is avoided.

Don't be an idiot. People like to throw around the "pay2win" phrase too loosely. Read the custardin thread, this isn't some bull poorly made socks kid complaining about beta access or cosmetic items. This topic warrants a response/concern and can have lasting affects that will only be evident months into live.

OQa1xvz.png?1

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

From what i can see there will be no end game.....i sure hope there is no end game. I am tired of playing end game. I want it to last for a few years.

That's the point of this thread, end-game will be which guild will have the best eternal kingdom and be able to produce better customer traffic to generate gold and items for their members. In the end; More Parcels = More Gold/Items = better odds of winning and maintaining a fresh member-base in your guild.

OQa1xvz.png?1

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

That's the point of this thread, end-game will be which guild will have the best eternal kingdom and be able to produce better customer traffic to generate gold and items for their members. In the end; More Parcels = More Gold/Items = better odds of winning and maintaining a fresh member-base in your guild.

But not everyone thinks having the most land parcels or gold means "end game". In your eyes it may be, I like to measurse how well i am doing by the number of people in my group, or clan....how big my alliance is. You do not need land to do this.

Edited by thorbeinn

None of that will mean poorly made socks to the manly guilds who go Terminator mode into every Campaign.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

Don't be an idiot. People like to throw around the "pay2win" phrase too loosely. Read the custardin thread, this isn't some bull poorly made socks kid complaining about beta access or cosmetic items. This topic warrants a response/concern and can have lasting affects that will only be evident months into live.

Nah, pretty sure your thread is poorly made socks p2w whining.

How is there an end game when every campaign is a fresh start with zero or very limited imports....

I have to say that the land parcels make me a little uncomfortable too. I can deal with the structures since they seem to be just exclusive skins, but the tax-free parcels definitely have in-game benefit.