Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Motherlode confusion

Syriic

I apologize if this information is somewhere else, I have not had any luck finding clarity on the topic.

What rarity tools/disc levels are required to begin harvesting motherlodes?  Any information is find is from at least a year ago and apparently a lot has changed in that time.

Any help with this would be incredibly appreciated!

I suspect it'll be a guarded secret because it means that group has an advantage.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

The only difference between motherlodes and regular nodes is you need at least 2 players hitting the motherlode to make any effect.

After that you need to understand how harvesting works. Harvesting nodes have "armor" and your mining, skinning ... whatever stat works as "armor prenetration" and basic, intermediate and advanced tools have 100 damage (as a a base, it can be modified with some stats). The armor varies with the rank and if it's a motherlode or a regular node. These were the values last time I check.

Rank Normal node Motherlode
1 15% 105%
2 30% 110%
3 40% 115%
4 50% 120%
5 60% 125%
6 70% 130%
7 80% 135%
8 90% 140%
9 110% 145%
10 120% 150%

So, if you're hitting a rank 6 ore node with 40 mining stat (char stat + tool stat + buffs ... ), for example, the final armor of the node will be 60 - 40 = 20% armor and every hit will do 100 * ( 1 - 0.2 ) = 80 damage to the node.

Besides, for motherlodes, there is the foreman discipline. This discipline has a power that reduces the motherlode armor by 50 (at least it was 50 last time I tried, a long time ago).

I hope this will help you to understand how it works. :)

2 hours ago, Extintor said:

So, if you're hitting a rank 6 ore node with 40 mining stat (char stat + tool stat + buffs ... ), for example, the final armor of the node will be 60 - 40 = 20% armor and every hit will do 100 * ( 1 - 0.2 ) = 80 damage to the node.

How do you determine what your character stat is for a profession? I can see numbers under stat details, but don't know which state (strength/dex) applies to which gathering offhand. The profession base states are listed in-game on the menus, but not gathering for some infuriating reason, lol.

2 hours ago, Extintor said:

Open the character sheet and press details. You'll see a tab called explore with data about harvesting.

Very helpful! 2 more questions:

1) Does each person gathering need to have that discipline and food/potions to maximize return? .. Some of the potions are pretty costly to have to have everyone running them.

2) Also, from a drop rate perspective, are motherlodes absolutely worth focusing on instead of 2 people mining smaller nodes separately?

19 minutes ago, Snuffles324 said:

Very helpful! 2 more questions:

1) Does each person gathering need to have that discipline and food/potions to maximize return? .. Some of the potions are pretty costly to have to have everyone running them.

2) Also, from a drop rate perspective, are motherlodes absolutely worth focusing on instead of 2 people mining smaller nodes separately?

1) No, the drops are based on the best stats, so give the potions to whoever has the best.

2) The total resources you get from a motherlode is likely higher than you would get from 2 small nodes, but it will take you longer to harvest the motherlode more than likely, unless you have good advanced tools and the foreman disc. The big reason to harvest motherlodes is from the things they drop that normal nodes do not, like minerals and gems.

28 minutes ago, Arkade said:

1) No, the drops are based on the best stats, so give the potions to whoever has the best.

2) The total resources you get from a motherlode is likely higher than you would get from 2 small nodes, but it will take you longer to harvest the motherlode more than likely, unless you have good advanced tools and the foreman disc. The big reason to harvest motherlodes is from the things they drop that normal nodes do not, like minerals and gems.

Fun fact, using foreman it's easier to take down motherlodes than regular nodes if they are rank 9 or 10.

Edited by Extintor

Good to know! Any idea if:

1) Motherlodes have a chance to drop a gathering discipline?

2) If so, is the discipline still only 'uncommon' rarity?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Drathnor said:

Where can you get a foreman disc? 

Have you checked the Discipline vendors in the Earth Temple?  Not being snarky.  It seems like a strange thing to overlook on the devs part, but stranger things have happened.

18 minutes ago, Solstar said:

Have you checked the Discipline vendors in the Earth Temple?  Not being snarky.  It seems like a strange thing to overlook on the devs part, but stranger things have happened.

Foreman isn't there, there are a few that aren't there. I'm assuming they come from motherload nodes.. But I don't know for sure. 

4 hours ago, Calidor said:

Do you have to be in Dregs to get the Foreman Disc?

Yes. You need to harvest rank 6+ nodes in the dregs with and advanced tool with a soulgem in it. To put the soulgem in the tool you need a blue runecrafter belt.

3 hours ago, Extintor said:

Yes. You need to harvest rank 6+ nodes in the dregs with and advanced tool with a soulgem in it. To put the soulgem in the tool you need a blue runecrafter belt.

OK so a Rank 6 node in Sky Point will never drop a Foreman disc right?