Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Priority number 1: Add a Market/Auction House

Khileez

1. Add Market/Auction House

Why is this not in the game? This is literally one of the most important aspects to have in this type of game, but players are forced to either buy VIP to set up a PUBLIC vendor and hope some customers stumble on their Eternal Kingdom (EK) also wanting to purchase the goods they have, or find a public EK specifically designed for others to set up their vendors, which there isn't one of these yet, but the obvious issues with this is that the EK owner HAS to keep his subscription up forever or else.... idk what happens to the gear/vendors, but also the EK owner likely has the power to remove other players' vendor, so...

@Khileez Without campaigns you can buy stuff in other player's eternal kingdoms, but that's not really fun to  see loading screen after loading screen. But there is a better option: Every campaign has a free city and players can place their traders there. It has the additional benefit that you don't have to use bots to keep your trader online.

I assume free city is dreggs only? This does not exist outside of that single campaign at the moment?

I'm mostly living in god's reach FvF currently. 

On 7/13/2021 at 3:32 AM, Erzsebet said:

You should say add gold sellers. Because that will be the outcome once they implement an auction house or player market.

How does that stop anyone from 'gold selling' in the first place when they could technically just farm it in safe zones with bots and then sell it? You could theoretically just have them farm everything uncommon in the tutorial zone, sell to npcs and welp, there we have it, infinite gold for with bots. Not implementing something that would help most players starting out earning gold or buying equipment because it might open up folks gold sellers is just reason that should be thrown in the dregs:

Outside of farming gold off npcs then or looting other players, and selling everything to npcs is there any other source of revenue?

Id rather not stand around all day shouting in general trying to sell / buy poorly made dergs, when I'd also want to play the damn game.

But wait to earn gold you must farm npc zones either of the NPCs or the players farming there. But with any higher populations there is barely any npcs to farm. Ganking sure, but usually folks return back to vaults before they hit 1k. only some fools stick around with more, but that gets rarer and rarer as folks learn their lessons. What about if it was full drop: where the hell do we sell the loot? Oh we could sell them in Vendors, sure; but oh wait you don't got the money to buy a vendor quite yet cos the campaign rules didnt allow for gold. I guess gotta ask the guild or farm some more gold then... But if I didn't have a guild what then? Slave my self to some zerg guild and go into their gathering pits to earn my place? Didn't come for a second job, I came to have fun with my friends.

There is simply just is not enough gold in circulation for folks to earn money outside of the meta. So much gold sinks into upgrading discs and buying various deeds (including vendors to sell stuff lol) resulting into the fact that gold has more way value than the crafting materials because its tied to the progression.  Dust is also something that also sinks into crafting, so eventually you run into the situation that you have crafted goods that are less valuable than the crafting materials put into them of they are sold to the NPCs.

Then there is a question of if I want to buy something in bulk. For-example  if my guild needs 200k stone, 100k metals, etc for an EK project, but only 1 fella is doing quarrying and another mining, but rest are doing gold farming. So we have the gold to buy the resources but not from the npcs, how the hell would I setup a buy order like that?

Even just extending the vendor system would be great and allow vendors to buy stuff as well for a price.

23 minutes ago, malactus said:

How does that stop anyone from 'gold selling' in the first place when they could technically just farm it in safe zones with bots and then sell it? You could theoretically just have them farm everything uncommon in the tutorial zone, sell to npcs and welp, there we have it, infinite gold for with bots. Not implementing something that would help most players starting out earning gold or buying equipment because it might open up folks gold sellers is just reason that should be thrown in the dregs:

Outside of farming gold off npcs then or looting other players, and selling everything to npcs is there any other source of revenue?

Id rather not stand around all day shouting in general trying to sell / buy poorly made dergs, when I'd also want to play the damn game.

But wait to earn gold you must farm npc zones either of the NPCs or the players farming there. But with any higher populations there is barely any npcs to farm. Ganking sure, but usually folks return back to vaults before they hit 1k. only some fools stick around with more, but that gets rarer and rarer as folks learn their lessons. What about if it was full drop: where the hell do we sell the loot? Oh we could sell them in Vendors, sure; but oh wait you don't got the money to buy a vendor quite yet cos the campaign rules didnt allow for gold. I guess gotta ask the guild or farm some more gold then... But if I didn't have a guild what then? Slave my self to some zerg guild and go into their gathering pits to earn my place? Didn't come for a second job, I came to have fun with my friends.

There is simply just is not enough gold in circulation for folks to earn money outside of the meta. So much gold sinks into upgrading discs and buying various deeds (including vendors to sell stuff lol) resulting into the fact that gold has more way value than the crafting materials because its tied to the progression.  Dust is also something that also sinks into crafting, so eventually you run into the situation that you have crafted goods that are less valuable than the crafting materials put into them of they are sold to the NPCs.

Then there is a question of if I want to buy something in bulk. For-example  if my guild needs 200k stone, 100k metals, etc for an EK project, but only 1 fella is doing quarrying and another mining, but rest are doing gold farming. So we have the gold to buy the resources but not from the npcs, how the hell would I setup a buy order like that?

Even just extending the vendor system would be great and allow vendors to buy stuff as well for a price.

When less gold is earned, the ingame shop becomes more attractive ;)

1 hour ago, Blowfeld said:

When less gold is earned, the ingame shop becomes more attractive ;)

If they sold gold that is lol.

Edited by malactus

1 hour ago, malactus said:

That is on the development roadmap, buy orders on vendors

mt1.png

tiPrpwh.png

14 minutes ago, miraluna said:

That is on the development roadmap, buy orders on vendors

mt1.png

Thanks for the deets.

So they claim this is the release, yet this is more of a release candidate without a wipe by the end. No wonder all the loading screens still say "Developer Build". For an mmo that relies so heavily on player made crafts that nearly everything is a consumable it feels like a critical feature thats missing.

I guess my 3 months of VIP status is going to be mostly wasted, other than being able to play and the monthly crowns (when ever those start coming in soon that is). But time will tell.

Edited by malactus

On 7/12/2021 at 12:46 AM, miraluna said:

Campaigns have the Free City also for players to place vendors.

I understand you are a fan of the game but by defending weaknesses you are actually helping to take it down, not to make it better.

Going in and out of of a campaign is very anoying, unlocking, stripping the character.
Also each campaign has it's own vendor place.
Also you have to endure multiple loading screens to get to it and back out of it and you'd have to do that for each server to actually get an idea about what is available.
Also there is no structure at all, you don't know what one is offering, you won't know until you go to every island and look there. You can't compare prices either.

A global marketplace is one of the most important additions to the game, something that should have been available from day 1 given how crafting focused it is.
There is not even a global TRADE channel for people to talk about their stuff ...

Entering an EK, trying to find their vendors, finding out they don't have what you want, and then logging into another EK is a terrible experience. To put it blunt, it's F'n lame af. A trade chat could've fixed this, a popular solution from WoW Classic (2004), because then I could request certain items or advertise that I'm selling my items either in the Earth Temple or at my EK. But let's be real, the idea that an auction house is bad is kind of beyond me. 

10 minutes ago, skribbz said:

Entering an EK, trying to find their vendors, finding out they don't have what you want, and then logging into another EK is a terrible experience. To put it blunt, it's F'n lame af. A trade chat could've fixed this, a popular solution from WoW Classic (2004), because then I could request certain items or advertise that I'm selling my items either in the Earth Temple or at my EK. But let's be real, the idea that an auction house is bad is kind of beyond me. 

for a game about everyone interacting with everyone, an AH wouldn't fit in that design template, if you have a shop and you want to advertise it, that's what the forums/ingame chat is for

14 minutes ago, Slixtrix4076 said:

for a game about everyone interacting with everyone, an AH wouldn't fit in that design template, if you have a shop and you want to advertise it, that's what the forums/ingame chat is for

A game that takes out every single convenience for the sake of player interaction is going to isolate its player base to a few thousand people. An auction house could be as simple as a UI that lets you view other players vendor inventory without jumping from EK to EK. There are creative ways to solve problems besides "this isn't the game for that". Finally, requiring your players to use a website is a joke and the chat is absolute dog schit for doing anything except complaining in general.

2 hours ago, skribbz said:

A game that takes out every single convenience for the sake of player interaction is going to isolate its player base to a few thousand people. An auction house could be as simple as a UI that lets you view other players vendor inventory without jumping from EK to EK. There are creative ways to solve problems besides "this isn't the game for that". Finally, requiring your players to use a website is a joke and the chat is absolute dog schit for doing anything except complaining in general.

That's not an Auction House, that's a (Information) Broker.  I've seen it done in other games.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

2 hours ago, skribbz said:

Semantics.

not really.  AH usually just plop the item in your inventory or mail box.  rarely do you have to run to a location to make a purchase.

one issue i see with a Broker is there could be a large number of vendors so you may know an item is there but you wont know where in the EK to run to.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty