Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do I turn off the interaction overlay inside a building?

Solstar

Very annoying and breaks immersion a lot. Can't even enjoy your $300 plot of land and house because its just a constant PICK UP/MOVE button covering your screen and all detail is lost with the color tint lol.

Came here to complain about this. I saw posts about it a year ago. Seems like a basic edit/no edit switch is all that is needed.

EK is half the reason, maybe 70% of the reason I bought in at the level I did and so far it is not remotely living up to expectations.

On 7/18/2021 at 11:29 AM, seventhbeacon said:

Not that I've seen. Say what one might about the rest of the game, the Eternal Kingdoms are still in a Pre-Alpha state.

Well...I'd say beta state, they used to be far worse 😅

What ACE constantly seems to lack is developers/management/etc. with a passion for the EKs. There are so many use cases that are completely overlooked, yet obvious to us EK aficionados. Like this one...

I have griped about lack of QA on the EK stuff for years. They are honestly making progress, but it's supposed to be released now, not still in basic development.

When I'm out in the world, I'm enjoying it, when I'm crafting I realize just how much work it would take to try to do that part of it alone (possible but a time commitment for sure), and I like how every element of the game pushes me to be social and unlearn the bad habits created by braindead game design philosophy-made habits from World of Warcraft.

I plan to stick around and know I'll be here for the long haul. Not just because I paid a bunch of money, but because I really do enjoy the game and have hope for what is to come. But it's exactly for that reason I gotta give feedback and criticism. 

On 7/19/2021 at 8:49 PM, xx.w00f.xx said:

Im sure theyll fix it eventually if people stick around...

That goes back to my question from my first post in this thread...

On 7/13/2021 at 1:19 PM, Webby said:

How many of the "devs" of this game looked at that and thought "yea, that's perfect"?

Every single dev of this game has been in the EK dozens if not hundreds of times, and not one of them ever stopped and thought...

"hey, this Pick Up/Move indicator and blue tint that can't be turned off might be a bad idea and just might annoy players who want to actually be in the structure they paid for!" 🤡

It makes me wonder where the heads are at with these devs... this is something so obviously bad and should be a relatively easy fix, yet here it is in the (so called) release of the game.

Seems like J. Todd and the others are so focused on the macro of game mechanics that they are simply unable to see the micro elements like basic Quality of Life issues and fun game-play outside of the slideshow excuse for pvp in the dregs. Basically, something as silly as this existing in the EK, an area they should know would be important to a lot of their player-base should never have made it to "release." It is just too obvious a problem to be overlooked and excused.

1 hour ago, Drelkag said:

As superficial as it is this is my biggest pet peeve. It's hard to understand how the ugly perma-glow made it past testing.

You dont seem to understand how little influence QA has. Its been reported on for a long time its just that there were things more important to work on. 

Think of it this way: There's the ability to toggle PVP on and off at will. Why can't there be an option to toggle Building Mode on and off? For those of us that want to make beautiful townships and cities inside of our EKs, the ever present ability to pick up an item and the highlight only mar the experience. It's nice to be able to freely move and pick up things whenever we want, but that highlight makes taking meaningful screenshots an utter nightmare.