Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Caldera and mountain citadel (current) details and design?

cervator

Hi all.

From whatever KS rewards etc I find myself with three capital parcels, which coincidentally is exactly what's needed for a caldera or mountain citadel parcel via crafting. However, the crafting screen has no details on the produced parcel, nor would that help actually get an idea of how they look in-game until after crafted and placed.

I know there are some older details floating around here and there, including an idea of how many building slots are present. Plus I ran into an old screenie or two of the rough layout of a mountain citadel. But I'm not sure how current that all is.

Has anybody placed either parcel post-launch and/or have any screenshots or other updated details to share by chance? I don't really think I need three entire capital parcels, and while the structure that comes with one is kinda nice having three duplicates with the exact same appearance might turn out somewhat odd. Do either of the bigger parcels come with any structures or is it just land I can happily build on?

Open source project lead for Terasology & Destination Sol. Nerrrrrrd.

1 hour ago, cervator said:

Has anybody placed either parcel post-launch and/or have any screenshots or other updated details to share by chance? I don't really think I need three entire capital parcels, and while the structure that comes with one is kinda nice having three duplicates with the exact same appearance might turn out somewhat odd. Do either of the bigger parcels come with any structures or is it just land I can happily build on?

Sure. I granted you noble rights to my Ravenheart EK, so you can launch it yourself and take a look at them. Tokens are 400/18/46/16/3 - 220/160/80/40 for MC and P, and 400/18/41/16/3 - 220/160/80/40 for Capital.

The parcels include the land and the main building.

Edited by Kraahk

I availed myself of Kraahk's public EK this weekend and was able to see what both looked like! I took a gamble on my capitals and upgraded other parts to a third capital with backer reward pieces. I decided to make a Caldera but notice a handful of differences from mine and @Kraahk (maybe you can shed some light?), the sort of towerlike structure on the outer edge where the bridge starts isn't there, and the bridge where it connects with the centerpiece has a missing chunk. I'm wondering if there are slight variations from the Ruby reward to the backer parcel combination, or if perhaps Ruby also came with additional pieces (like the stone and wood walls) that allowed that entry part to be built?

I can be online this evening to show the difference if needed, my EK is set to private right now but I'm working and can't alter that. Oh, and the ladders don't work in the Mountain Citadel or Caldera castles currently (neither mine nor Kraahk's), but they do in the Capital one.

Edited by seventhbeacon

22 minutes ago, seventhbeacon said:

notice a handful of differences from mine and @Kraahk (maybe you can shed some light?), the sort of towerlike structure on the outer edge where the bridge starts isn't there, and the bridge where it connects with the centerpiece has a missing chunk.

the towerlike structure is made of two octagonal towers and a 2x1 wall piece in the middle. i use them to indicate the maint entryway, so people can see it from afar. the missing chunk is a bug i've seen, too.

Thanks a bunch! I should have figured you had something like that set up already. Capital for even more comparison as well, nice 🙂

Just for reference for anybody else: I threw together a quick screenshot album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LjGfG9Y5S4mtyT2n6 - that note about the towerlike structure for the Caldera being custom is a good extra to know about.

The one thing unclear to me is where most the building slots go on the Caldera (only the Citadel seemed somewhat built up) - around the central building on the plateau, or down in the circular valley? Or even outside? That whole setup really reminded me of ... Shar Vahl? The cat people city on Luclin in EverQuest. I might be dating myself a bit there 😅

Citadel is nice, but that sure is a walk to the top. Cool and all to have the little landings and stuff. Wasn't sure if I just didn't explore its main building enough or the Caldera one just seems nicer. Think I have my pick in any case! 

It is a bit of a pity that you trade three 3x3 cell parcels for a single 4x4, but still, less duplication and neater setup.

Open source project lead for Terasology & Destination Sol. Nerrrrrrd.

Shadows of Luclin! That brings back memories! I started playing EQ back when the Ruins of Kunark 2-Pack was on the shelves.

I was able to place my large Fort on one of the upper corners of the parcel, btw, but it was definitely a snug fit. Keeps it close to the starting parcel, too, which is convenient for when I can actually craft and put in tables and chests.

I believe most of the slots are expected to be in the valley below, yes. And thus far, no sign of Littlefoot or his leaf.

The hardest part was picking between the Caldera and the Mountain Citadel, both were really interesting features and approaches. I had hoped the mountain citadel, back when it was first pitched, would have been somewhat inside a cliff face or mountainside not unlike Ironforge from WoW, but sadly it and the palace were very similar to the Large Castle in feel and internal contents. When I hear palace I was expecting more rounded  shapes and something a bit more Russian or Middle Eastern in nature.

Is it just me or is the mountain citadel a gripe to place walls and gates in a way it looks good? Can't place walls on the ramp, can't make them stick to a border, lot of poorly made dergsty terrain everywhere making it hard to get a wall going. It feels like we're either meant to make a huge wall around the parcel (awful) or end with small garrisons everywhere doing nothing against the highway for troops to the castle the ramps are.