Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I like this game, but. (ANOTHER DREGS MEGAGUILD THREAD)

Okay, so this game is currently suffering from the issue that a lot of games recently suffer, where a handful of giant guilds are able to dominate the map because they have hundreds of bodies to spread throughout each map. 

Zergs kill games. They just do. Anyone that denies this hasn't played MMOs enough. 

Ways to alleviate some of this:

1. Introduce "Honor" system for Dregs with heavy rewards. If you 1v1 someone, full honor reward for that kill. If one extra person was involved, the reward is cut to 20%. This can average into a guild-based honor system, which acts as the determining factor for GvG dregs. If a small guild got 100 1v1 kills, and a large guild got 300 Xv1 kills, the large guild loses. This will at least make smaller guilds feel like they have a more apt chance and help eliminate some toxicity. This system, could also introduce a "Herald" or "Commander" position for the outposts, where a member of the a guild is designated as that outpost's keeper and losing it hurts their honor or conquest points. This will help keep larger guilds from sprawling out and just hold fewer, more defensible and possibly more conquest point generating points. 
  2. Guild caps. Because what is reasonable about fighting a 400 man guild in a relatively low population game like this? 
  3. Give a deteriorating buff based on guild size. A small guild (Minimum of 8-12 people, perhaps) could get up to a 20% buff to stats, when in territory of a much larger guild. The effect here is self-explanatory. 

Make dregs have a limit to how many people in a guild can join a dreg. (30-50, I think is reasonable) I say this, because it will encourage active players in a guild to get those spots and split the reward, where players that want to join Dregs and aren't getting those spots may leave to find smaller guilds in order to reap rewards and compete for those positions. 

Let me know what you guys think. I'm sure there are flaws with my ideas. Feel free to point them out or better yet, put your own suggestions in. I'm a big fan of not complaining about things, if no reasonable alternative or helpful suggestion is offered. I have no idea the programming issues or involvement it takes to hash these out, but I thought out of all of them, some would be easier than others. 

Don't get me wrong, I think a larger map helps. But all-in-all, it really just gives characters more room to spread out and lessens world PVP, right? I like the idea. But I can't help but think it will just give them more locations to control. I could be desperately wrong, though.

Les Mousquetaires du Clic have theyr on keep, their own forts etc... They are very well positionned in the leaderboard.
They are "only" 33 ATM. So either you concider that 33 people is a mega guild or there is some other way to win the game.

Vanguard went full mega alliance to make sure they get 1st place, with 24h having 1 or 2 guys on each maps taking outposts.
Well, they'll "win". Leave them be. Look at the top rewards and ask yourself if it's not something you can easily farm just by playing the game ?

Lots of guild are well positionned just by taking outposts.

There will always be mega guilds in any game, because more people mens more ressources gathered. Not even talking about PvP here.

Me and my friends our best gold income is roaming and killing people for their loot. What a stange idea to play the PvP Game in a PvP Game.
Knowing maps, knowing where people wil be, knowing where mega buses wil be are all part of any PvP games.

If your fun is being at the top of the leaderboard, you etiehr are in the wrong game or not playing it the way it supposed to be played.

Larger maps are fine when the population issues get addressed. I would say even right now there is just too much empty space between objectives. There should be larger maps with room for more people, but at the same time there needs to be ALOT more things to fight over to facilitate fights actually happening, and they need to be positioned in a way that if a small group wants to do small scale fights they have a spot away from the main battles going on and do their own thing at the same time.

they need to double the map size imo and double the mob density in zones (to little mob spawn makes it harder to find a spot without a zerg farming and make it easier for them to be hunted since there less spots top check.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

5 hours ago, Armegeddon said:

How about they make a larger map  with more camps that isn't so easy to dominate?

Larger guilds can fight for several POIs at the same time. A larger map would only add more riding for those smaller guild, who can't be everywhere at the same time.

Why not just add a malus on health, dmg and healing for every POI an alliance controls?

6 hours ago, Kundrya said:

Larger guilds can fight for several POIs at the same time. A larger map would only add more riding for those smaller guild, who can't be everywhere at the same time.

Why not just add a malus on health, dmg and healing for every POI an alliance controls?

you guys keep missing the point if the game. Small guilds arent suppose to be able to compete at that level.

Edited by BlackfeatherCo

Blackfeather.png

One of the cool things about Crowfall is the ability to create different types of worlds. It would be cool to see some of those 'honor points' ideas be just another option that can be turned on or off for different campaigns.

12 hours ago, Tyrazaphael said:

Okay, so this game is currently suffering from the issue that a lot of games recently suffer, where a handful of giant guilds are able to dominate the map because they have hundreds of bodies to spread throughout each map. 

Zergs kill games. They just do. Anyone that denies this hasn't played MMOs enough.

Eve online and Guld wars 2 players wouldn't agree.

18 minutes ago, BlackfeatherCo said:

you guys keep missing the point if the game. Small guilds arent suppose to be able to compete at that level.

For context, what sizes are you considering large and small when you say that?

Small guilds 1-20 players

Medium guilds 20-80 players

Large guilds 80+

In my opinion, the more organized and capable guilds will be Medium sized guilds. Larger than that they will become logistically un-viable. Sure, there could be a very large guild with 600 members that just put the word out to zerg some location or another, but managing such large groups of players isn't going to be more than horde level strategy. For those larger guilds, organization is going to have to defer to "local leadership" to get anything collectively accomplished.

Thats why, in my opinion, it's organizationally more realistic that competitive organization will be broken down into small and medium guilds that are allied with a larger organization. The loyalties of such alliances will be dynamic and prone to dramatic moments. We've already see such social dynamics in games like Eve and Shadowbane. Large guild empires don't last. They are logistical nightmares and highly dependent on the whims of the mob.

Edited by BlackfeatherCo

Blackfeather.png

5 minutes ago, BlackfeatherCo said:

The loyalties of such alliances will be dynamic and prone to dramatic moments. We've already see such social dynamics in games like Eve and Shadowbane.

The catalyst for such changes is either greater benefit or strong emotion, and even then it is few and far between without the developers offering some kind of incentive. 

Some people play games to have fun. Fun can mean that you grew bored with the way things were and want to shake things up. This kind of stuff happens all the time in Eve and even back in Shadowbane. A big Zerg guild would quite often wake up to find that some leader had looted the coffers and deleted the ToL. Eve Online is notorious for the political meta game that goes into it. CCP has a policy of not interfering with the game precisely because they believe in the emergent properties of how player social dynamics fix nearly any in game issue.

Blackfeather.png

Guilds needs limits, bottom line.

My buddy Bastard from Shadowbane swore by guild limits and I always laughed at him, but seeing as how this game picked up right where Shadowbane left off, massive zergs literally dominating the game, it's starting to look like guild member limits needs to be a thing.

Bigger maps would be much better as well.

At least test guild limits on seperate servers or something.

Either way better do something fast or this game is going to die out like a $2 steam game.

Edited by Cecil

11 minutes ago, BlackfeatherCo said:

Eve Online is notorious for the political meta game that goes into it. CCP has a policy of not interfering with the game precisely because they believe in the emergent properties of how player social dynamics fix nearly any in game issue.

As I said, those events are few and far between. EVE can go months and months without a notable shake-up occurring. EVE also has several advantages that Crowfall doesn't have that keep the EVE playerbase intact until those events occur.

• 200k and up subscribers means that even during the One Alliance moments, there are still about 10k-15k people on the server at peak times. 
  • Literally hundreds, if not thousands, of places where small groups could disappear off to and do their thing away from the major political and territorial control game
  • CONSTANT large scale combat. By that I mean that battles of 150vs150 pilots happened daily, even at the slowest times
  • Rewarding or engaging gameplay outside of the PVP combat gameplay

Crowfall is not in the same position as EVE Online is, population-wise or content-wise, to carry the game as everyone waits for someone to "shake things up".

As for Shadowbane... Treachery called. It wants a hit of that social dynamics fix you're passing around. ;)

Have you ever tried to organize a large group of people to do absolutely anything before?

I think you are overestimating the logistics required to do anything meaningful with large group of players.

You will still be able to enjoy the game with your "small" guild so long as you adapt your play style to take into consideration your current circumstances.

Blackfeather.png

15 hours ago, BlackfeatherCo said:

Small guilds shouldn't be supposed to fight for the throne. And large guilds shouldn't be supposed to fight for stuff they just roll over like huge swarms of locusts.

Look how it's done in BDO. The stuff small guilds fight for isn't interesting for larger guilds at all. And that's how it should be.

@BlackfeatherCo I suggest you play the game a bit and come back with your own real experiences before increasing your postcount even further with posts that don't reflect this game at all.
Then give us more insight in how you played it with which success, please. Your promotion, groupsize, your alliance, the targets you aimed for, etc.