Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Isn't New Player Friendly ( STATE OF THE GAME )

Flinger

STATE OF THE GAME

The Developers of this game label CrowFall as a "PvP Throne Simulator". I've been grinding this game since it came out and so far the Guild Battles feel like whoever has the large Zerg will win

The Game feels like a "ZERG SIMULATOR". There isn't much out playability as your capped to only being able to attack 5 targets at once (so im told).

Small Groups / Guilds are not playable

- Forced to join Alliances

- No Solo/small group content for smaller guilds

- Zerg Size Count get no debuff at all

- If smaller guilds run pigs they will just get slaughtered

- No minimap and Zergs dont get pinged on Map when they clustered with 100 people

- Devs are telling smaller guilds to play faction pvp content which limits the whole main reason for having a guild and still wont stop bigger guilds from zerging

- Few Dreag servers / zones massive guilds can just lock smaller guilds in que times to zones

- Not even Keeps to take or content for smaller guilds to have fun in

- Capped to only hitting MAX of five players. Very few Out playability

- 10fps against massive zergs even with a 3080

- have to fight zergs of 30+ and ur only like 7, the respawns and takes forever to wipe them if u get lucky .01 chance

- No one wants to be left out of the  Guild Content stop making factions the solution.

- Feels like being solo or even a small group is just not even a thing. Games like Rust, Albion, and Black Desert small groups or even sometimes solo players actually can participate in pvp and being able to play the actual game.

- They game actually has a lot of potential and is fun but could use a lot of improvement in combat and new players/small group friendly stuff to keep people active and staying on the game.

- Feels like the game was made for only 10 Guilds to play 

PAY TO WIN badges / not explained very well

- Wanted to add in that everyone that played this game in the beta gets badges that give them more damage, more crit, more heals. How are new players gonna get these badges they can be the different from winning and losing a fight. Devs really havnt put anything out on how to obtain them or the wiki.

Possible solution to fix small groups and new players joining

- Add Blobbing and debuffs to Zergs depending on their blob size

- Add random Dungeons throughout the map where you can farm or dive for pvp.

- Mabye add small type of keeps that only would benifit or be very usefull for people with smaller players in the guild. So like other keeps allow u to do more stuff for bigger guilds.

- Take of the limit to 5 players max for Certain abilities. We need more outplayability if massive group just cluster into one big circle. This game feels like positioning doesnt really matter cuz as long as u stick together in large scale fight ur probally not gonna die because only 5 players can get hit by a AOE.

- Make is so Zergs that cluster are pinged on the map. This will make it so smaller groups have the ability to see if they are in danger by 40 enemies. Also this would allow for bigger group to have to spread out so they dont ping allowing for a smaller groups to have a better chance to pick players off instead of them all just clustering onto eachother.

Other Beneficial Features

- Add a minimap. Going in and out of the actual Map is laggy and u cant see whats going on ur screen

- For PAY TO WIN make the badges make it so there is a way to obtain any badge. Mabye after every campaign u participate in you can select 1 badge of your choice that way u can get somewhat of a way to be on the same playing fields as people who get advantages for paying.

- Nerf the Warden poorly made dergs is broken.

- Would love to see a major balance change for all classes and we need ways to outplay bigger groups that just cluster together. Seems like the skill gap for being a zerg and staying clumped isn't really hard. Most other pvp mmos if u clump u pay big. Idk if the system is like this because the devs know u only get 10 frames half the time.

- More transparent with weekly Dev Logs/Update Notes and Future Stuff since the game just launch.

15 minutes ago, Flinger said:

- Wanted to add in that everyone that played this game in the beta gets badges that give them more damage, more crit, more heals. How are new players gonna get these badges they can be the different from winning and losing a fight. Devs really havnt put anything out on how to obtain them or the wiki.

Ummmm what?

How do you know this? Where do you see this?

5 minutes ago, PierceBLK said:

Ummmm what?

How do you know this? Where do you see this?

Quick google search https://vanguardcrowfall.com/trialbadges

and I have a badge that I got for buying the game 1 day before release it gives me 2%more damage and Im ashamed that no one else can get my badge without buying it

Unless everyone gets "Heart of the Hero" then im a idiot https://ibb.co/fSw0Fd1

Edited by Flinger

1 minute ago, Flinger said:

and I have a badge that I got for buying the game 1 day before release it gives me 2%more damage and Im ashamed that no one else can get my badge without buying it

ACE gives out those badges all the time so it is reasonable to expect that everyone will have access to them. You can only wear one, so having multiple doesn't help. The stat provided is small. Mountain out of a molehill.

IhhQKY6.gif

2 minutes ago, Flinger said:

Ok but that is a random guilds website from over a year ago. Can you see this in game? 

1 minute ago, Jah said:

ACE gives out those badges all the time so it is reasonable to expect that everyone will have access to them. You can only wear one, so having multiple doesn't help. The stat provided is small. Mountain out of a molehill.

Well everyone doesnt have access to them. That what PAY TO WIN is why don't give everyone that purchased VIP a way to select which one they want

Just now, Jah said:

Yea also agree with that, I dont have a badge but 2% buff or something is.... whatever. It's not really pay 2 win, I's say its more them rewarding players for playing in campaigns with something that actually lasts forever, which I think is kind of cool. After this campaign (3 weeks) we'll all probably get cool launch badges for participating.

1 minute ago, PierceBLK said:

Yea also agree with that, I dont have a badge but 2% buff or something is.... whatever. It's not really pay 2 win, I's say its more them rewarding players for playing in campaigns with something that actually lasts forever, which I think is kind of cool. After this campaign (3 weeks) we'll all probably get cool launch badges for participating.

I didn't play a single Campaign and I got mine buy buying a package. That's PAY TO WIN. Didn't even have to play the game and I get a 2% damage advantage in every 1v1 and team fight

5 minutes ago, Flinger said:

I didn't play a single Campaign and I got mine buy buying a package. That's PAY TO WIN. Didn't even have to play the game and I get a 2% damage advantage in every 1v1 and team fight that no other new players can get atm

Edited by Flinger

6 minutes ago, Flinger said:

I didn't play a single Campaign and I got mine buy buying a package. That's PAY TO WIN. Didn't even have to play the game and I get a 2% damage advantage in every 1v1 and team fight

Yea, I don't care, as long as they hand out more in the future. In fact I fully support it. I will undoubtedly be super salty if they don't hand out more but seeing as it's an actual equipment item I'm sure we will. 

It's a cool way to reward players for their efforts in past campaigns... and you can only wear one.... and it's 2%.

This is a good thing. Chill out.

If you want to complain about P2W talk about respec costs. That's way more P2W than this will ever be. This is actaully cool.

Those badges are give aways for various occasions. Everyone will have a bunch of those more sooner than later. Those 2 % are nice to have, but neglectable compared to better vessels or gear. The knowlegde about this game from alpha/beta is more important than the badges.

I feel like we kind of got derailed here. I completely agree with most of your other points. There absolutely should be content for smaller guilds. There really isn't. Anti zerg mechanics are hard, I don't believe they can be done with things like "zerg penalties." Debuffing players sucks regardless, and you do want large scale fights. What they need is better designed content for larger scale guilds. 

For the mot fun if I were in a small guild I'd get a group of 6, and move around maps ganking farm spots and looking for small skirmishes. That can be fun, however it doesn't really let you participate in the campaign in a meaningful way.

I kind of think this "pay 2 win" issue you have, isn't an issue, and isn't really pay to win. Because players will be rewarded these badges for playing. Also it is hardly a problem for new players. A player with a week of experience is probably going to get rolled by a 6 month vet regardless. Enjoy your badge reward when you get it. You can pop it on an say "Oh yea I member that campaign."

As a player who played in a small guild vs mega-guilds for years, there isn't anything about Crowfall that will prevent your small guild from having fun. The only problem here is that those of you that are complaining about the larger guilds aren't willing to adapt their playstyle to being a small guild. You want to play the game as a big guild but without a big guild and that's not how it works. The problem isn't the game, it's your reluctance to adapt.

Blackfeather.png

2 hours ago, Flinger said:

STATE OF THE GAME

The Developers of this game label CrowFall as a "PvP Throne Simulator". I've been grinding this game since it came out and so far the Guild Battles feel like whoever has the large Zerg will win

Historically, lands and thrones weren't conquered by "whoevers single soldier had most kills" ;)
Also part of the designed gameplay is to try to counter the zerg by creating a counter-zerg, this is also displayed very well in EVE where there are numerous alliances of different-sized corporations fighting for assets (and having fun doing the politics too).

The Game feels like a "ZERG SIMULATOR". There isn't much out playability as your capped to only being able to attack 5 targets at once (so im told).

If you are outnumbered, being able to hit 100 players wouldn't make a difference, but the calculations would make your fps go to 0 in every fight.

Small Groups / Guilds are not playable

These arguments come down to the fact that you don't want to play in a larger constrct. Ok, the solution to this would be to make the campaigns larger so smaller groups can fight for some content on the outskirts as well, EVE online does it very well, but the map there is gigantic and hardcoded at the same time. It would be enough just to add leaderboards to the gods reach campaigns so guilds/players could see some scores.

Not really, you can only have 1-2 on and the buffs they give are really below food/skill buffs anyway. Also, there's a limit of items you can take into more serious campaigns, so these badges will always be less valuable than a good harvesting tool for example.

Possible solution to fix small groups and new players joining

- Add Blobbing and debuffs to Zergs depending on their blob size

Impossible to implement, how do you define a "zerg" programatically?

- Add random Dungeons throughout the map where you can farm or dive for pvp.

They are there, you can find those spider canyons in gods reach (havent played dregs yet, but then in dregs we go back to the zerg argument)

- Mabye add small type of keeps that only would benifit or be very usefull for people with smaller players in the guild. So like other keeps allow u to do more stuff for bigger guilds.

I agree, less servers but bigger maps would give more incentive for players to take part

- Take of the limit to 5 players max for Certain abilities. We need more outplayability if massive group just cluster into one big circle. This game feels like positioning doesnt really matter cuz as long as u stick together in large scale fight ur probally not gonna die because only 5 players can get hit by a AOE.

- Make is so Zergs that cluster are pinged on the map. This will make it so smaller groups have the ability to see if they are in danger by 40 enemies. Also this would allow for bigger group to have to spread out so they dont ping allowing for a smaller groups to have a better chance to pick players off instead of them all just clustering onto eachother.

One value of positiong is to avoid a zerg if you are a small group, this again comes to the fact that you want to play as your 5 man group only and you expect the developers to change the game design to fit your specific usecase.

I do agree with this guy in that small groups and individuals are left with a feeling that this game just isn't what they hoped it to be. Right now I feel like this is a crafting simulator with the ability to kill people, if I see them.

I used to play Planetside 2, and even though these two games differ in so many other ways, there is a lesson to be learned. In Planetside 2 I never joined a guild and only played solo. I was a sniper and I could literally cut supply lines to my enemy's entire faction, by solo capping bases. Some of the most satisfying PvP gameplay I've ever had was booby trapping these bases with explosives, so that when people would come to re-take it, they'd get blown up immediately, while I picked off their friends from outside of the base. 

Was I the most effective person on my team and did it really matter in the end? Probably not at all, but it was satisfying and there was a place inside Planetside 2 for a solo player, like myself, to exist and have fun. Crowfall needs to explain to the new players their roadmap for small groups and individuals who enjoy this game. These two groups don't need to have the exact same value as a full-sized guild, but currently we have zero value. And currently I'm left in the dark on if these issues are even on the Crowfall team's road map?

You cant do anything in GvGs without atleast running with a group of 4-5 people.

There are no mobs in random places, or just out in the world. All the mobs are in camps, which everyone knows about, so its constantly patrolled.

You cannot do anything by yourself. Thats all fine and everything.

Id play in skypoint, but there is literally no reason? You dont really get anything for it? Lockout timers in skypoint to retake an outpost is 1hour!

What is the definition of small here?  1 person, 5-person team, 2 teams? The outposts, shrines, respawn points, PvE zones, and resource (R8+) are great spots for small guilds to get awesome PvP. If you're looking to make a difference in conquest, take outposts and help other guilds take forts, or perhaps kill the resupply train coming from portals or respawn points on large keep battles.  

Currently, the biggest challenge a small guild will have is crafting their higher end gear/vessels. The magic loot drop form mobs is garbage compared to player crafted items (as it should be IMHO).  I think a smaller guild should focus on gathering. As the economy develops, you can sell off your materials or trade for better items in the free city or gods reach.