Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stretch Goals - Performance Over Fluff

remec

The first 2 stretch goals are fine... If they are surpassed I would really encourage you to put future stretch goals that focus on game performance. I'm talking about things like...

- Improved Server Hardware

- Code optimization

Basically, anything that will ensure this game, as it is currently envisioned, is executed flawlessly. I don't want the typical server lag you see whenever more than a handful of players get close to each other. I don't want memory leaks that require a game restart every couple of hours. I don't want to wait hours in a queue because you saved a few bucks on hardware.

I don't need a set of custom dyes, a fancy pet, or a pretty cape.

I want the game you have pitched to us, and i want it to run as smooth as silk. Stay humble and build this game right. Thank You.

QgGGP67.gif

^---------that I agree with. Releasing the game with both the caravans and cf.exe on board would be an epic strategic mistake. Because nobody will even notice the caravans if Cf.exe or her friends are there.

Exactly what the OP said. Though i would like my fancy capes and pretty dyes and fluff later :P. But ye deliver the vision that has been shown to us, focus on the core features and combat and animations the crafting system mounts etc, then after the fluff will come! This game will get funded but we gotta rekt those stretch goals otherwise we could potentially be stuck with just 1 module at launch like Arena Commander from Star Citizen, which hopefully is not the case at all.

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

I think making the game work properly is one of those things people expect naturally, it's not something normal players are looking for when they are trying to advertise more stretch goals for the game.

I think stretch goals should focus on features they already wanted in the game but were not confident declaring due to budget constraints, a Robust Flight gameplay for the Fae would be a great late stretch goal, maybe around 2 mil. though I can see the disinterest of all none Fae players coming from a mile away.

Something practical that they could "sell" would be more research on the combat mechanics maybe, it's clearly a hot topic and something that might be noticed even though it's fairly essential anyway.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

It would be bittersweet, but refreshing, to see an ambitious project like this launch more smoothly.

Thorough testing and polish of the core gameplay and functionality...

I would also agree putting more money towards optimization, if possible.

Lets not feature creep this and be wanting to put everything we like into it, making it a bloated product.

Caravans is a nice addition, some more character variation is nice and not that impactful. But other than that, do we really need it?

Stuff like that doesn't sell that well as stretch goals however.

I think making the game work properly is one of those things people expect naturally, it's not something normal players are looking for when they are trying to advertise more stretch goals for the game.

You have to be realistic about it.

Dont worry about that,they always work on that and they will do the best they can im sure of it.

I find that the stretch goals they have presented are perfect.

Ppl asked for female centaurs,ppl got female centaurs! :D

Yeah, considering that ppl don't really need female centaurs :( you will be able to count them by hand when the game is live.

Edited by rajah

Well they are hiring a new FX Artist with the first stretch goal, and as they don't actually have anyone else than the 3D Modeling guy, it will be a solid add to the game even if not improvement of the code. Plus it gives a better feel of immersion.

This. While I agree with the premise of the thread - that developers should place game performance and stability as one of their very top priorities - I think this is just one of the things that most people assume the developers are already making their best effort on. It would be like having a stretch goal for 'replacing all of the placeholder white box graphics with actual art'. It's just something that is expected.

I see where you are coming from though, since performance and stability seems to be something that plagues almost every MMO (and many other games of every genre). I just don't think it makes much sense as a stretch goal.

Did anyone actually read my opening post? I AM FINE WITH THE FIRST 2 STRETCH GOALS ANNOUNCED.

I'm talking about a 3rd, 4th, etc... stretch goals.

And for those of you who don't think performance matters. Have you ever played 'insert mmo title' here?

QgGGP67.gif

They got their 800k to build the game they sold us on. I don't want stretch goals that change the game they sold to us? If they get extra money, they should put it towards releasing the game sooner, or making the game run better/smoother. Star Citizen is a perfect example. Money is great, but i don't want them to all of a sudden announce a stretch goal to add PvE content. That wouldn't be the game that i backed. Stick to your guns. Make the game you promised. Don't start randomly adding body parts to the beauty you've envisioned. You don't want to be like all the other studios? Prove it!

Edited by remec

QgGGP67.gif