Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Petition to take this game Back to Beta.

Hello fellow crows.

I think this topic needs to be talked about. After last nights Siege i think its clear that this game is NOWHERE close to being 1) a complete game and 2) not ready for release and 3) servers can not handle the devs vision for large scale PVP. With the lack of communication from the Dev team at the most critical time of a video games release i think its clear that they do not plan to service this game for a long time. Which is sad because this game could have been good, but the Dev team made some really really bad decisions.

So lets talk about No. 1. The game is not complete. the starting area is a complete joke. no idea how they thought that Gods reach starting quest area was going to keep players. The entire quest line needs to be revamped, Crafting needs to be completely revamped. I understand you want gear progression to be tied to guilds but that only hurts small guilds and small packs of players who wanted more FvF. Also WTF were they thinking with no guild bank..... i mean really..... really :(

The UI is complete poorly made dergs and clearly designed by a 10 year old which follows suit for the games graphics.. But i could understand going with a lower art style to try and increase performance during large sieges.. but oh wait they failed at that also because the servers and their game can not handle 100 vs 100 with other a 300 person Q waiting to enter the zone.

2) its clear the game was not ready for release and shouldn't have been released in its current state. But the Devs were out of money and needed to try and make some income to potentially continue development of this game. But the game is in such bad shape that this will never happen. The cash shop is a joke $25 for a character slot... i just gave you $40 for the game and your already locking character class options behind a paywall. oh wait the VIP is a paywall also.... just overall a horrid joke and a slap in the face to the players who actually bought this game and backed this game for a long time. This is not the game i backed 4 years ago.

3) the servers can not handle large scale PVP. Like i said above the game turned into a slideshow within seconds of getting close to the Keep. you get a 1hr window with 20min of lag and slideshow. Once we got into the keep your character stopped all animations and just glided across the ground. And to top it all off the servers crashed kicking everyone out of the zone leading to over a 500 person Q to get into the zone. So there is no reserved slot system for people who were already in the zone to get right back in so it lead to who ever gets more people in the zone first wins, which is not ok.

I could go on and on but i think its simple. The game needs to be taken out of live status and put into open beta, this MIGHT save the game but overall i leaning more towards this game is dead.

Edited by spawnq0459

1 minute ago, galvia said:

This. This whole post is a joke - relax noobie the sky is not falling. They are working on fixing this stuff.

Are they working on stuff? How do you know? have they told you in a PM? because there has been 0 communication from the Dev's for months. This is more of an assumption than anything else.

4 minutes ago, BlackfeatherCo said:

The game is fine. Gamers, on the other hand, have become more and more absurdly unreasonable as the years march on.

lets go back 20 years in gaming. When you paid $40 for a new game you received a complete game. 40+ hours of game content sometimes over 100 hrs of content.

lets go today. you spend $40 on crowfall for it not to work at all during a siege which is one of the BIGGEST advertising points of the game.... and its the players fault they are not getting what they paid for? your logic here is flawed.

3 minutes ago, spawnq0459 said:

Are they working on stuff? How do you know? have they told you in a PM? because there has been 0 communication from the Dev's for months. This is more of an assumption than anything else.

You probably aren't in the official discord. You see them posting stablity fix updates constantly on TEST over the past week or so, and they are literally rolling out another update in 20 minutes.

We've had updates and community responses to changes constantly for months - you think they are silent it's because you are ignoring them to craft some sort of baby narrative. Relax or quit man - you're being ridiculous.

---

To be clear, while I think you're being a baby, your feedback on issues isn't totally off base, just the answer isn't TURN IT OFF START OVER!!! Criticize all you want, but don't be weird lol.

1 minute ago, spawnq0459 said:

lets go back 20 years in gaming. When you paid $40 for a new game you received a complete game. 40+ hours of game content sometimes over 100 hrs of content.

It feels like a complete game to me. Perhaps it's just that your expectations are unreasonable.

2 minutes ago, spawnq0459 said:

The game wasn't ready for launch.

No game is "ready for launch". Especially when you consider the fickleness of the modern gamer.

Blackfeather.png

2 minutes ago, galvia said:

You probably aren't in the official discord. You see them posting stablity fix updates constantly on TEST over the past week or so, and they are literally rolling out another update in 20 minutes.

We've had updates and community responses to changes constantly for months - you think they are silent it's because you are ignoring them to craft some sort of baby narrative. Relax or quit man - you're being ridiculous.

---

To be clear, while I think you're being a baby, your feedback on issues isn't totally off base, just the answer isn't TURN IT OFF START OVER!!! Criticize all you want, but don't be weird lol.

Oh so the only time they communicate is via discord and not their official forums? and you don't see a problem with that?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BlackfeatherCo said:

It feels like a complete game to me. Perhaps it's just that your expectations are unreasonable.

No game is "ready for launch". Especially when you consider the fickleness of the modern gamer.

Perhaps its just not me that feels that way. Can you find any good reviews of Crowfall from the last week or even the last year?

The game experienced the same launch day issues as many other titles, and the dev's did a decent job getting the servers playable. but again 20 years ago when you spent $40 on a game you got a complete game and a fully developed video game. I am still of that mind set. When i buy something it should be complete and ready to roll. It is the industry standard now to release a video game only half backed. And this was acceptable for a long time. But that is starting to change.

Also just because it could be released doesn't mean it should be released. This game yes was capable and in an ok spot to release, if you want a very very small player base and really bad reviews making it even harder for the game to succeed. This game shouldn't have been released last week.

Edited by spawnq0459

4 minutes ago, spawnq0459 said:

Oh so the only time they communicate is via discord and not their official forums? and you don't see a problem with that?

They definitely do communicate on their forums too - you don't need to be obstinate. There have been patch notes posted for major updates and news every week. Discord is great for small updates. They don't need to post a thread every time they release a stability fix with no player facing changes lol. I get it, you want to be upset and we can't change your mind.

15 minutes ago, spawnq0459 said:

lets go back 20 years in gaming. When you paid $40 for a new game you received a complete game.

Can you list the MMOs from 1997 to 2001 that fit that description? The 4th Coming? Ultima Online? Graal? Dransik? Anarchy Online? DAOC? Asheron's Call 1 or 2? 

Back then, MMOs were so notoriously lacking in that department that the most common word used to describe WOW when it came out was "polished". 

Which MMOs from 2001 and before 1) Cost only $40 and 2) were feature complete at release? 

4 minutes ago, spawnq0459 said:

Perhaps its just not me that feels that way.

Oh I know it's not just you. That doesn't mean you all have reasonable expectations.

7 minutes ago, spawnq0459 said:

20 years ago when you spent $40 on a game you got a complete game

except that 20 years ago you didn't get a game that where your comparison with what is a complete game are other games made by AAA companies with hundreds of millions of dollars in budget and have been working on those games after they were originally released for a decade or more.

🤷‍♂️

Blackfeather.png

10 minutes ago, spawnq0459 said:

This game yes was capable and in an ok spot to release, if you want a very very small player base and really bad reviews making it even harder for the game to succeed.

Take it easy, there are no reviews for this game, so it still has all the chances to develop in a way to shine once the issues are fixed and they hopefully start promoting the game.

• spawnq0459 changed the title to Petition to take this game Back to Beta.