Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Petition to take this game Back to Beta.

54 minutes ago, Blowfeld said:

I am a little worried.
Yesterday they changed the API so people cannot see player numbers anymore.
Even if the player number starts to grow, the only thing people who are on the brink of buying the game will see is that the game hardly managed to pull off 4k player peaks and was already starting to bleed about 15% of the playerbase in the first week.
I think being transparent would have been the better move here, except they are expecting a heavy downtrend.

No MMO is the 'right game' for all players. I don't think I've played many MMO that didn't lose ~ 70% of the day one players within the first month and that's likely for Crowfall too. Then it's up to marketing and word of mouth from the players who do enjoy the game to bring in replacement newbies.

So far, ACE has done very little marketing, probably because the launch patch was such an incomplete game. IF the update patch is more complete AND comes soon, all may be well. Time will tell, but I doubt they have very much time to right the ship.

macdeath_sig.png

1 minute ago, MacDeath said:

No MMO is the 'right game' for all players. I don't think I've played many MMO that didn't lose ~ 70% of the day one players within the first month and that's likely for Crowfall too. Then it's up to marketing and word of mouth from the players who do enjoy the game to bring in replacement newbies.

So far, ACE has done very little marketing, probably because the launch patch was such an incomplete game. IF the update patch is more complete AND comes soon, all may be well. Time will tell, but I doubt they have very much time to right the ship.

I think the bleed will not be 70% in this game, as most of its population are people that have been playing the game for years now through alpha and beta.

I just hope that when the same people remain that were here before that a.) they do not fall into "this is fine, we dont need a larger player base" trap and b.) that ACE finally starts to listen to player feedback more.

A lot of its current shortcomings could have been avoided if they had listened more closely to the community, avoided the attempt to hop on the Battle Royal train and stayed closer to its Kickstarter vision. I mean, in the end that's what we are here for, right?

The game right now feels more like a "jump from a disconnected Hub to a big Alterac Valley with imbalanced team numbers when not frantically trying to find a shop that sells the stuff you are looking for for decent prices" game than a real Throne War simulator.

33 minutes ago, Blowfeld said:

I think the bleed will not be 70% in this game, as most of its population are people that have been playing the game for years now through alpha and beta.

I just hope that when the same people remain that were here before that a.) they do not fall into "this is fine, we dont need a larger player base" trap and b.) that ACE finally starts to listen to player feedback more.

A lot of its current shortcomings could have been avoided if they had listened more closely to the community, avoided the attempt to hop on the Battle Royal train and stayed closer to its Kickstarter vision. I mean, in the end that's what we are here for, right?

The game right now feels more like a "jump from a disconnected Hub to a big Alterac Valley with imbalanced team numbers when not frantically trying to find a shop that sells the stuff you are looking for for decent prices" game than a real Throne War simulator.

We've been trying to tell them that for years. They DO listen to some players but not to most. In my opinion Most of MAY and June were wasted on the HD game. That could be an interesting side game, but the MMO suffered.

macdeath_sig.png

On 7/17/2021 at 5:18 PM, Blowfeld said:

I mean, what people forget is the "throne war" Aspect; 

I mean lets paint a simple example; the game has a "pledge emote" it was billed for years as a "Find a guild you like and pledge to the leader" which they even went as far to make videos about - At current the system stands as "go to website and sign up for the guild of your choice" 
Because there is honestly no way to even visit a keep let alone pledge; You don't have ownership which has been sold on the front pages of the site, you've got a keep that's for ever under threat, you are forever in a state of war... 

Looking back at the last year, we can see the games direction changed from PVP throne simulation to PVP battle royal; 
We as most of the backers keep going "ok so wheres the game we backed" as tho we are peeling back the rug trying to find it; The games sadly here, it is what it is. 

Right now, I'm trying my best to maintain interest by creating fun, which isn't easy... 

On 7/17/2021 at 1:10 AM, Blowfeld said:

I am a little worried.
Yesterday they changed the API so people cannot see player numbers anymore.
Even if the player number starts to grow, the only thing people who are on the brink of buying the game will see is that the game hardly managed to pull off 4k player peaks and was already starting to bleed about 15% of the playerbase in the first week.
I think being transparent would have been the better move here, except they are expecting a heavy downtrend.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the case. The game has a nice gameplay loop, but without the population to support that loop, it's going to end up being way too shallow to grasp most people.

4 hours ago, Keldric_Usugi said:

Unfortunately, this seems to be the case. The game has a nice gameplay loop, but without the population to support that loop, it's going to end up being way too shallow to grasp most people.

I feel population will simply come in time and if it doesn't...well...i've enjoyed the journey.

MMO Gaming since 99 - If you want good company add me!

[NA] Ghosts of the Revolution |PvX|21+|TS3|Forums|

100v100 is not a game engine problem. It's a game design problem.

Planetside is a great example of how to do a wargame. 3-faction, large scale FPS that could easily clog servers with massive fights over a single area and while that does occasionally happen despite all efforts to the contrary, the game encourages a long front-line and there is never a reason to have so many people at a single fight. Doing so is usually detrimental to the faction because while all of you are fighting over base X, you are losing bases A,B,C and D because no one is there defending and some other faction is happily running through the map.

There are various ways to induce this sort of behavior with the bottom line being "make sure no single, high value target is ever the only one open to attack at any given time" and perhaps a bit of communication to the players so they realize "hey, the defenders are all distracted way over there. This would be a good time to attack this other place."

The solution has never been "find a way to support 100v100".

The solution has always been "find a way to encourage players to divide themselves along a wider front".

Of course, mega-guilds all going to the same place can't be prevented without draconian measures but that's a problem of their own making and something they can easily fix by themselves if they choose to.

19 hours ago, swiggityswootie said:

I feel population will simply come in time and if it doesn't...well...i've enjoyed the journey.

Hopefully once AC starts marketing the game, that will happen. Honestly, it feels like only backers and those that know them are aware the game exists.

After playing NW i can honestly say this game is going to have a much much lower population on 8/31/21 and even less in Oct when Lost Ark is released. NW isn't amazing but it just does everything better except combat.

Combat in Crowfall is far superior than NW. but sadly the combat alone is not enough to keep people here. This game has way to much wrong and missing with it to even sustain it self for the next 60 days.

2 minutes ago, spawnq0459 said:

After playing NW i can honestly say this game is going to have a much much lower population on 8/31/21 and even less in Oct when Lost Ark is released. NW isn't amazing but it just does everything better except combat.

Combat in Crowfall is far superior than NW. but sadly the combat alone is not enough to keep people here. This game has way to much wrong and missing with it to even sustain it self for the next 60 days.

Wait til you see elyon in october....yikes. Crowfall needs a map and campaign rules overhaul. It has decent combat, but the game's core design is boring and tedious af. From crowfall, I expected an albion online grid or an epic planetside 2 conquest map, instead I got....nearly the same experience as lazypeon. 🤢🤮

8 minutes ago, Jubileet said:

Wait til you see elyon in october....yikes. Crowfall needs a map and campaign rules overhaul. It has decent combat, but the game's core design is boring and tedious af. From crowfall, I expected an albion online grid or an epic planetside 2 conquest map, instead I got....nearly the same experience as lazypeon. 🤢🤮

never heard of Elyon. Ill have to check it out. hahaha lazupeon reference lol love it.

Going back to beta is silly.  But there are some glaring flaws, not even including Quality of Life (QoL) changes like item/vault management, guild management, chat UI, etc...

Just my two cents from a new player:

• Faction vs Faction needed to happen yesterday, before dregs.  Lower barrier to entry for new players, more inviting, less complicated.  
  • Full loot drop in dregs/fvf is OK, but if you are tagged by more than two people it usually means you had no chance (spare me the "git gud"...most, MOST people will die in a 3/4/5/6v1).  Therefor, 50% loot drop.  If youre only damaged by <= 2 players, full loot drop.  
  • Standing around on a fort for an hour is BORING.  If you capture the fort, if you hold it for 5 or 10 minutes, its yours. Done.  My god, last night I sat around for 2+ hours sitting at a keep siege that never happened and taking/holding one fort and babysitting it for an hour.  I told myself...this is the end of crowfall for a while for me.  It might be.
  • Sieges need to be more about sieges and less about trees and wards.  Dumb system.  Gw2 WvW does this much better.  Trebucheting from large distances away, battering rams, etc.  Kill the keep "king" and done.  Not this whacky "defend/kill" trees, kill wards, and plant a seed.  So odd, and doesnt feel like a siege at all.  Break down the walls, kill a keep "captain", plant the seed, and done.
  • Balance balance balance... Currently, in gold farming areas its 90% assassins and wardens.  And I joined them.  Its just so much easier.
  • Crafting requirements need a huge nerf.  Its mind boggling that sometimes you span three professions to make an item.  So much wood, so much ore, so much leather.  My goodness.  I understand you want people to lean on guilds, but come on.  Even, and Ill venture a probable realistic percentage, 95% of guilds are struggling to get crafting going.  Im not talking about winterblades, valeria, executioners, LoD, udl, and a few other massive guilds that have been plying this for years.  Take a look at the number of guilds that have at least tried out dregs.  Even from spot 5-25...those guilds are likely having a hard time getting crafting going.  Its too much.  And heartwood is the biggest PITA to farm for quivers, wtf?  In order to be viable as a ranger, you need a quiver.  Goodluck getting heartwood to drop.
  • Performance has gotten MUCH MUCH better as the week went on.  Keep going with this.  Otherwise this will kill the game.
  • Find a way to encourage smaller group fighting and less zergy content.  Its not fun to sit at 5-25 frames, blindly firing at a dooryway at a fort, you hear the hit sounds but dont see it happening, all while nameplates have suddenly disappeared.  
  • Last but not least, CERTAINLY not least:  Provide INDIVIDUAL personal rewards to anyone who participated in dregs.  I can be part of a 300-400 person guild, my guild places and gets a ton of stuff.  All of that goes to the guild leaders to disperse.  Maybe the leaders get something small for their major time and effort.  Most gets funneled to crafters and what not to keep that machine going.  And as a biproduct of their effort, they gear up maybe some of the more important guild members.  Meanwhile, I was present at every single siege, babysitting every fort for an hour every time we tried. I played every day for 5+ hours, I donated, contributed both ingame items and wealth and my personal time.  Maybe Im in the top 150-200 for PVP kills, top 100 for assists... Im VERY unlikely to see any benefit personally for my time and effort spent.  I understand we are in this for the betterment of the guild, but you cant help but feeling like it was time wasted when you dont physically see any reward for time spent. Massive time spent.  Individual rewards needs to be put into place.  5000 gold for every 50 pvp kills, 1000 for every 50 assists.  Start there, add more unique stuff, etc.  Its not outrageous as I look at these larger guilds and see some of the top killers sitting around 250 kills currently.  Currently, I dont see much reward in sight for my time spent.  And sadly, this is where GW2 wvw shines more.  I love crowfall, surprisingly, but the more I play it and see its glaring flaws, the more I want to play WvW in GW2 again and I havent touched that in 4 years.  

/rant.

Edited by cesmode

On 7/13/2021 at 5:29 AM, BlackfeatherCo said:

The game is fine. Gamers, on the other hand, have become more and more absurdly unreasonable as the years march on.

I'm not sure how wanting a better game is unreasonable. Heck, Crowfall already doesn't have or outright dropped a ton of the things it promised in a Kickstarter years upon years ago, like combat pets or free building with voxel destruction.

Of course, the majority of the unhappy players just move on, so of course the most vocal and active group tends to usually be those currently enjoying the game. Anthem's community was praising the game right up until the servers died, though, so...

I guess at this point it's more exhausting than painful to see the pattern repeat. Hellgate London, FFXIV 1.0, Tabula Rasa, Wildstar, WAR, on and on.

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.