Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Community Top Likes and Dislikes Feedback 07/14/2021

Welcome new Crows and Vets! 

In a Galaxy far, far away (and many other games I worked on), I would post a weekly Top 5 for feedback and bugs from the Community. This would help me in providing feedback to the team (in addition to all of the other feedback posted on the forums) and also let us know where we are doing good.  So I'd like to start doing this weekly with you, my murder of Crows.  I've even included a place where you can provide me feedback about this thread, (you may want to see a different question listed or want to offer suggestions for a question of the week).  This is separate from our feedback posts we have for Live and Test, as those are more for the patches at the time.  Please do not hold discussions in this thread, this will help me in gathering feedback quickly.  I'm on vacation until next week, and when I return I'll lock this thread and parse the information for the team.  Thanks for playing Crowfall and for providing feedback. 

Top 5 Crowfall likes (things you feel we're doing great on). 

1. I like XX and this is why (be constructive)

Top 5 Crowfall dislikes (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

1.  I dislike this and this is why (be constructive) and this is how it could be better.

Top 5 bugs on LIVE (that we may have missed and wish would be fixed). Please be specific and constructive.

If you could ask the Team member one question, what would you like to know?  Be nice, seriously don't be a jerk. 

Feedback for Tiggs on this forum post  or other things you'd like to see on the forums. 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Dislike the in-game chat. It breaks constantly. Yesterday I couldn't type anything into the chat window without relaunching the game. I do not require my members are in Discord. We don't want to depend on 3rd party apps. We have families and children and jobs and we just don't want to deal with accounts and annoying people who join but don't play the game.

We want our guild chat log to persist between entire sessions and we want to be able to use guild chat from the website.

We would also like to assign custom titles for roleplaying purposes.

We would also like to see the ability to quickly form-up a group with online members by choosing everyone who isn't already in a group, along with the ability to merge existing groups.

We would also like to see notifications when our party members are disconnecting due to errors or crashes. It makes it impossible to know what happened unless we have a 3rd party app open.

We need some basic quality of life improvements like drag and dropping loot onto party members but for guilds.

Edited by Retchet

Top 5 Crowfall dislikes (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

1.  The inventory and vault system is absolutely horrible. Can't sort inventory. Can't sort vault in dregs.
  2.  The inventory and vault system is absolutely horrible. Can't sort inventory. Can't sort vault in dregs.
  3.  The inventory and vault system is absolutely horrible. Can't sort inventory. Can't sort vault in dregs.
  4.  The inventory and vault system is absolutely horrible. Can't sort inventory. Can't sort vault in dregs.
  5.  The inventory and vault system is absolutely horrible. Can't sort inventory. Can't sort vault in dregs.
Edited by Sylvanna

1. The small unit PvP is great. Some general balancing issues needed with the 6v6 variable, but really fun.
  2. Keeping Test up for training, excellent.
  3. CSR for ACE are top notch, imo, including the Mods here and in Discord.  

1.  The GvG/FvF zerg battles are a slide show. Not a new issue. Some of the optimization posts help, but not enough.
  2.   The Chat panels should be moveable, customizable, more than 1 viewable, and lack of UI customization in general, in work I hope.
  3.    Dregs Bank... no filters/sorting? No tabs? It's basic in GR, so move the code to Dregs, at least we have 4 categories.
  4.   Stealthed Raid Bosses in GR camps? Really? That's just cruel.

If you could ask the Team member one question, what would you like to know?  Be nice, seriously don't be a jerk. 

1. Do you believe that Crowfall was ready for release? With a launch that only garnered 2,000 players, do you regret not marketing more, or do you feel the niche market for PvP is what is limiting the activity? I'm just surprised CF didn't have at least 10,000 players at launch, or about 10-15% of the purchases.

1. The map is terrible. It's slow and surprisingly both too detailed and not detailed enough.
  2. The inventory system is pretty bad. Need to be able to sort/search.
  3. Need better guild systems - titles, ranked vault access, logs, etc.
  4. Not enough difficulty/variety in mobs - everything feels left click to win.
  5. The new player experience is remarkably bad. It is not clear that you are even in a tutorial until you an hour or so in, and it makes the game feel like a terrible WOW clone. The main line should be MUCH shorter (and way more obvious that you are in a tutorial - use on screen prompts, not quest givers), with optional side questlines if you want to learn more about something. I still haven't made it through the whole thing, tbh.
  6. Related to #5, you must add the ability to drop a quest. I don't need the NPE on my screen 24/7 just because I haven't finished it.
  7. Related to #6, the screen feels cluttered. Remove or minimize the UI elements (or let me fully customize). Also add a minimap.
Edited by BelegX
4F2uTw9.jpg
Beleg <Absolution>

1. I like that GvG dregs opened so soon after launch, because I live there. :}
  2. I like that we can transfer stuff to groupmates by simply dragging items to their name and can avoid the F 3 twostep

1. I HATE that to add a noble or vassal to our EK, we need to TYPE /exaddvassal playername AND the player MUST be ONLINE. I would like to be able to simply click on the players name in the SOCIAL / GUILD and not do all that typing.
  2.  I would like to see a FvF campaign for those who aren't in big guilds.
  3.   I would like to be able to select multiple chat channels in ONE Tab, so I can see: whispers, Group, and Guild at the same time.

Top 5 bugs on LIVE (that we may have missed and wish would be fixed). Please be specific and constructive.

1. When can we expect to see FvF campaigns?

Feedback for Tiggs on this forum post  or other things you'd like to see on the forums. 

Thanks for doing this EVEN THOUGH You're on VACATION!  Yer a real Heroine!!!

Mac

1. Combat feels responsive and engaging. Classes hit a sweet spot of complexity where you don't have too many or too few abilities.
  2. Durability rates feel correct for weapons/armor and seem to be a good way to maintain the economy.
  3. Gathering is straightforward and relaxing in terms of mechanics.
  4. Crafting is truly essential, which is exceedingly rare in an MMO.
  5. Multi-classing feels very easy, you don't feel pigeonholed into a "main," and classes have clear identities.

1.  The chat system needs some type of customization or just clarity. It's almost impossible to find whispers in the "ME" tab.
  2.  Being unable to see your group on the map is a head-scratcher. If that's the intended design, maybe at least show group health bars from further away, or at least on the left of the screen.
  3.  Crafting is just too prohibitive for small groups. The game isn't intended for solo players, but even my small group of friends feels like we don't have enough people to really get into the meat of it. There needs to be SOME accessibility for people who want to do smaller group-oriented play.
  4.   New Player Experience needs an overhaul. The game is very, very complicated compared to other games, and doesn't really let players know what to do. I spent a day and a half just trying to get my bearings. A less patient person would have bailed.

1.   Animations are cancelled client-side when opening a UI window, but the actual channel continues.
  2.   Haven't really encountered too many bugs tbh.

1. How do you plan on increasing accessibility to make the game more palatable for new players?

1. I like the depth of character builds and the different ways you can build a character to suit you.
  2. I like the mechanics of keep PvP, with siege engines and multiple objectives to balance at the same time for both sides. (Looking forward to handshake sieges though!)
  3. I like the feeling of both melee and ranged combat. There are some things I think aren't quite there yet (action buffering would be nice) but overall it feels quite good now.
  4. I like the variety in world maps when moving from region to region.
  5. I like the feeling of working together as a guild to build and upgrade a keep before the next fight.
  6. The backstory and lore/flavor of the world is just enough to give you a hook into the game, but not too much that's overbearing or eyeroll-inducing. I don't usually get into the lore of MMOs but I like this one.

1.  I dislike the chat system. There are too many tabs and too little control over what goes in which. The amount of tabs feel cramped and I often miss messages in channels because I can only view one at a time. I also feel like I shouldn't even bother whispering people because of how unlikely they are to see it. I think this could be fixed with (a) the ability to customize how many tabs you have and what message types go in which (b) a sound that plays when you receive a whisper and possibly (c) optional chat bubbles over player heads (for settings to control what they display and whether they're disabled in combat). Also I believe the chat should be open with a well-configured tab (including whispers!) by default, especially for new players.
  2. I don't dislike the account vault system per se, but I would like more sorting and search options. Being able to distinguish crafting, cooking, and sacrifice items would be a good start, as well as advanced search options like "slot:head" to find all head equipment.
  3. I dislike that gathering/crafting discipline progression is (or feels) fully RNG with no mitigation or "stroke of bad luck" mechanics. Some days I can go for quite a long time with no progression in my discipline. I would prefer some sort of fallback for progression to ensure that even if I don't get especially lucky, I'm advancing it somehow in a guaranteed fashion, ever so slowly.
  4. I dislike that finding vendors in EKs is difficult and unreliable. There are many "trade" EKs on the list that are available and open, but have no vendors or much to sell, and I don't have much of a way to determine that from the (misleading) name and title card alone. I would like a recommendation/like system, and some indication of how many active and stocked public vendors are on an EK before I have to load into it.
  5. I dislike that respeccing is so incredibly expensive for non-VIP members. This doesn't affect me personally as a VIP, but it's something I feel I have to repeatedly warn my friends about when trying to get them interested and get them started in the game, and it makes the game look bad in my opinion. I think respeccing cost should be scaled to something like vessel quality and/or level, and brought way down for new players. It's easy to make a bad character in Crowfall.

1. For a short time after using a retaliate, any dash/dodge will always send me forward, irrespective of what direction key I'm pressing at the time. This has definitely gotten me killed once or twice dodging forward when I wanted to go backwards.
  2. Divine favor on God's Reach doesn't seem to work? I sacrificed the three items (crown, trophy, lyre) on the same character and don't believe I got anything for it, even after the season changed from spring to summer. There was no notification or anything that I did it and the divine favor page looks the same.
  3. I sometimes get a bug where some player nameplates/shields no longer show up for me (while others still do). I need to restart my client to get all player nameplates to show up. This isn't related to the setting to change between ally/enemy/all, it will show some friendlies but not others, for example. I'm not sure but it seems like when it happens, it stops showing nameplates for newly-arriving players while older ones that were already on my screen still work.
  4. Sometimes my guild chat tab will disappear, requiring me to restart my client. Seems to happen either when dying or changing zones. Might have been fixed since I haven't seen it for a few days now.
  5. Opening inventory breaks channels (like summoning a mount) but still completes the action.

f you could ask the Team member one question, what would you like to know?  Be nice, seriously don't be a jerk. 

1. Faction vs. Faction servers when?
Edited by Recatek

1. Pvp with a risk
  2. areas where you get the best money/materials are in pvp areas, again risk to farm
  3. different keeps/forts are attackable at different times
  4. worlds/rules can change based on world resets
  5.  small man pvp is fun, can be unique a bit with your build depending on what you want to do

1. Giving people/guilds that arent involved with big alliances a chance to do something, if youre in a small guild or small group of people what you can do is actually limited, you will fairly often get zerged down when trying to roam in a dreg. In other games like albion online, there was content for small mans such as hellgates.
  2.   There is no FvF ruleset where inventory drops and guilds can claim a keep. In daoc for example rvr to pvp server population was 10:1
  3.   Chat is a mess and unusable, games from 20 years ago have better ones. Let us have different chats in same window
  4.   The lag. zoning lags, opening a map lags(should be a 2d map where you can see people), big fights lag.
  5.   Vault is a mess. Have gold be a separate thing we can withdraw/deposit and easily find at the top. have the vault in dregs be a similar layout to normal gods reach vault where you can search for stuff

1.   items that are imported get locked when someone is trying to sell it becoming grey and and unkillable

1. Do you believe the content currently in game is sufficient enough to keep the average player/smaller guild/small man player around? 

33 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

1. I like the archery. Not sure why, but there's something satisfying about landing a crit shot from a distance, seeing the gold numbers float up and the enemy's health slide down
  2. I like the thralls and frozen areas. There's a feeling of 'hunting' there. 
  3. I like the art style. I think both because it's kind of unique and because it reminds me a bit of Albion Online which is a similar game that I like a lot. 
  4. I like the concept of the EK so far and look forward to where it will expand to
  5.   I like that character creation now provides more information to make informed choices on race and class.
  6. I like the customizations allowed through the crafting system. I like being able to tailor gear to my playstyle. 

1.  I dislike the lack of multiple chat channels, and would like either multiple chat windows or to have multiple channels in one window
  2.   I dislike that the Infected and Factions options are not present, but I understand there must've been a sound reason for going with just Dregs.
  3.   I dislike the inordinate amount of grind and running back and forth from table to table to craft something. There has to be an easier way to get it done. 
  4.   I dislike the unintuitive and unexplained progression path for crafters. I need to get a certain gem to make a certain tool to farm the next gem to get a belt to make the next tool to WATAF????
  5.   I dislike that there isn't a single, current, reliable source of information instead of a hodgepodge of various players (often very helpful and well made) charts and tools spread all over the place. A wiki or even just a central official thread of these resources would be great. 

1.   Not sure what's a bug, what's intended, or what is just my lack of understanding, so skipping this one. 

1. What size guild/team is Crowfall designed for? It seems like it designed for guilds size 20-100. What is the guild size Crowfall is targeting, designing, and balancing for?

I love this game. I am frustrated by this game. I am anxious to see the next iteration of it. I am rapidly losing interest in it. 

Edited by BucDen

1. I like that the NPE is optional and I think it does a good jobtutorializing basic systems for brand new players
  2. I like the new rewards stratum for divine favor. It has a good spread of activity and reward levels that can engage pretty much any position on the scoreboard
  3. The dance emotes are horrifying and I love this
  4. The modern crafting window is concise and informative
  5.  The ability to fix failed assemblies and still get the desired rarity sans experimentation was a good compromise

1.  Where are the faction campaigns? New players and small groups are quite rightly a little disgruntled that their only option is a GvG campaign.
  2.   Forcing people to go to dregs for exotic harvesting runes and major combat disc drops is stupid. These should be avaliable in proper faction campaigns as well. They are core progression items, not "top tier" luxury items. You shouldn't have to enter the endgame to get items you need to prep for the endgame.
  3.   Why are we still using this terrible RNG disc drop system for crafting and harvesting progression? This was supposed to be temporary.
  4.   Why is upgrading discs so expensive?
  5.   Why is there a gold cost associated with using my kickstarter weapon skin? Its a skin earned as an account reward. The mount skins don't work this way.

1.   I've got reward item stuck in redemption. I can't redeem it no matter how many times I click the button.
  2.   L40 raid bosses are spawning in GR. This should not happen. The players there by definition are not prepared for them. GR bosses should be capped at Chief level, and achivable challenge for small groups of new players.
  3.   Shiny Baubles from grave goods only ever salvage in to 2-3 dust. They have the same gold sale price as the ones that salvage in to minerals so I assume this is an oversight.
  4.   The number of tokens and chest slots on many EK buildings and parcels still seems lower than it should be.
  5.   The KS guild hall model with the tower seems to be missing 2 chest slots. the front and one side have 2 slots, but the other side has none.

1. Why didn't you do anything to account for the needs of new players when you knew launch would result in a bunch of new players? You're still shifting people from the tutorial directly to an endgame designed for highly populous and organized player alliances with an absent middle ground. You're still requiring new players to enter the endgame for basic progression items.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Top 5 Likes
- the build system / theory crafting, its what I like from diablo / PoE but within a gametype I enjoy more. (obviously harder to balance)
- Motherloads, I love that there is an option to harvest together which is also rewarding.
- PvP actually feels a lot of fun to do.
- Crafting smaller components to make a larger component and the improvement (rng section, with fail chance) is very interesting and fun to use.
- EK style building seems to have a lot of potential.

Top 5 Dislikes (I'm only trying to give constructive feedback based on my experience, so far I love the game)
- 20 second logout in safe zone (the temple / EK), I can understand an confirm window to prevent accidental logout, but 20 seconds is just anoying.
- Farming mobs for gold, feels very bad. I understand there is an mechanic to let them spawn faster, however it doesn't feel fun to farm in dregs, you obviously get constantly ganked however its always a group of 5-10 people that just overpower you. There are very few places for the smaller groups / unorganised, and the map feels to open with to few spots.
- Honestly, I would have prefered a Faction vs Faction release before Guild vs Guilds, so all the new players can actually get used to the game. Dregs has been a nog go for a lot of new players.
- Social features, the game is heavily focused arround guilds, please support them with implement smaller features, like; only show online players in guild menu, invite via that menu instead of chat, allow the invite to EK via guild menu.
- EK, in general seems lacking in many area's building up an EK seems very interesting to me. however the materials requered to get anything is absurd.
- EK, starter EK needs to be editeable, I wish I could remove those tutorial NPC's, I love the vender, but let me place him somewhere else.
- Loading zones takes a long time, I wish this can be improved upon. especially looking towards no AH and player venders via EK, it takes so long to switch over constantly.
- PvP doesn't really feel that rewarding, players in the Dregs in general will store stuff constantly, I honestly would prefer if dregs would have a recall option (obviously gatecamping would be a think than), however the amount of banks / outposts with bank access are to abundent. I rarely see players drop more then 2k gold. in general I get extremely hyped if I see 2k+ gold, most of the times its close to 250-1500 gold.

Top 5 bugs

- Placing or replacing an building in an EK, will always crash you when you logout of it.
- [Not a bug] Healing seems to be very dominant, and healing reduction / blackmantle seems to have little to no effect on it.
- When gathering (mostly with motherloads) resources drop stacked in one location, I kinda don't like it. Love the sound of picking up many items xD

Top 5 suggestions
- Instead of an Action House, maybe an overview of whom is selling what and which EK they are located in?
- Aswell as EK's having Shops, what about a dedicated shop area at the Temple, players can hire traders to sell stuff there?
- More non capture events, I personally love the hotspots!
- Character customisation, I would love different looking armor sets. ALSO a freaking axe that looks sick, which you kill people with!
- Can we have an skip tutorial quests option for characters, I hate to see that constant quest log on my screen.

If you could ask the Team member one two question, what would you like to know?  Be nice, seriously don't be a jerk. 
- Is there any roadmap in the works, or anything to see what is being worked on?
- I would love to see dev streams, any more upcoming in the near future?

Edited by Quevin

1. Chat menus are not user friendly right now, /say and /whisper go to the ME tab which no one ever uses. I would prefer a customizable experience where I can have different chat types in whatever windows I want so I can actually pay attention to more than one at once. Let us combined some such as party/say/whisper into one tab.

2. Vault sorting is not useful as is. Value feels useless, Name is not bad but it doesn't sort by stack size so its just randomly ordered, and stack size sorting is also not useful. Possibly toggle by check boxes instead of a drop down so I could do name and stack size at the same time? Also another tab or two for other item types would be nice, such as a crafting item tab and a sacrifice tab.

1.   Animations are cancelled client-side when opening a UI window, but the actual channel continues. (Stated previously but 100% agree with this)
  2.   Every now and then on my Champion, the Neckbreaker move does not display the animation. It just shows me standing there and then everyone gets stunned. Normally mid combat when breaking out of a CC.

1.  I dislike that zones can be capped by the biggest guild in the game to kill competition during  keep and fort sieges.

1. PvP has been very fun. There are many viable build options for me which is great.
  2. I like the crafting and gathering quite a bit.
  3. EKs are great though they still need some improvements.
  4. Hotzones

1.  The new player experience almost made a good friend of mine quit. I've been trying to convince him to stay. I think it can be condensed a little. Also may want to take a look at adding more info to it, like where to find the types of animals you need to kill in the 4th part.
  2.   We need Faction v Faction soon and an announcement of when the (hopefully soon) start date will be
  3.   We need a proper guild banking system accessible from the temples during campaigns, and maybe a separate one for EKs and GR.
  4. Please move the Guild chat tab so it isn't hidden, or rework that window completely.
  5. Some of the Raid bosses in GR are much too tough to be there.

1.   The Zaleena statue in Arboreum was bugged out yesterday and we couldn't recapture it after it was taken.
  2.  Adjust where the Crit markers appear on nodes so that they aren't off in space all the time.
  3.  Joining a Guild and faction switching outside of temple needs to be fixed asap.
Edited by BelmontHalo

1. I like the crafting system. I like that it makes unique items and isn't just a cookie cutter item generator.
  2. I like the small scale fights. It's incredibly fun when the teams are close to even.
  3. I like being able to drag items onto party members names to transfer them. This is so incredibly useful and is much easier than constantly opening trades!
  4. I like the item decay system. It's very important for the economy and keeping items flowing.
  5. I like the victory card system. It's nice to have goals and objectives that are not just capturing locations. I would like to see some improvements made to these though so they are less exploitable (players making 1 person guilds and funneling all of their artifacts for the "most artifacts per member" reward, for example). 

1. I dislike the chat window. Ideally it would be fully customizable with the ability to set what channels appear in each tab and the colors for the channels, as well as being able to drag the window around. It would also be great to be able to have multiple, separate chat windows. At the very least, it should default to guild chat, since guilds are so important that there is even a quest to get people to join a guild and those people often don't find their way to guild chat, and there should be a tab with most channels in one so we don't have to constantly tab switch. Also, whispers should show up on basically every tab.
  2. I dislike how time consuming it can be to move characters around/transfer stuff. It would be nice to not have a logout timer in the safe zones/EKs for when I want to hop between multiple characters while crafting or sorting inventories or something. It would also be nice to be able to just deposit items directly into my vault without logging in to a character so I don't have to do things like log in a character, find a vault, dump all of their stuff, then log out and join a Dregs campaign just so I can join without importing all those items.
  3. I dislike the events chat tab. PvP is not hard to find, and that tab just makes it impossible to do any sort of guerrilla stealth tactics. Large guilds have players all over who will instantly show up and destroy any small team as soon as they start to attack anything.
  4. I dislike the giant guild/alliance sizes. It's impossible for a small team to compete in the dregs when guilds can have hundreds of players and create mega-alliances with 2,000+ players. I would love to see a dregs campaign with a max guild member participation of around 50 members per guild.
  5. I dislike that the EKs are unable to have any real interaction with the campaigns. This limits how useful EKs are overall. I would love to see the ability to take a dregs character to an EK without unlocking and be able to buy/sell campaign locked items there. The argument used to be that players were supposed to be in danger while shopping but that's no longer the case since we have the free city and there aren't shops out in the PvP zones.

1. The chat window does not save the size and has to constantly be re-sized every time you log in.
  2. Buildings in your EK are highlighted the entire time you are inside of them. It looks bad and it's very annoying, and it makes them difficult to use.
  3. The vault in the dregs is missing the search bar.
  4. The EK is not marked as a temple area so you can't do things like swap disciplines. You have to leave your EK to go to a campaign, swap disciplines, then go back to the EK.
Edited by Svenn

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

1. Crafting
  2. Harvesting
  3. Timers on major POI sieges
  4. Can create a variety of rules. Theoretically.
  5.  Large variety of character classes and specializations

1. You didn't launch with FvFvF servers meaning that we choose from a pointless Tutorial of the zerg GvG scenarios.
  2.   Why no FFA server type?  This was supposed to be the basic and core game type
  3.   In game Guild functionality is non-existent
  4.   Chat Tabs and UI in general is very poor and limited customizability
  5.   EKs need so much love.   People have these massive castles that are just pointless.  
  6.   Sorry but this needs to be said:  Servers need a lockout timer.  Being able to freely pop through various servers to harvest or grind is silly.  It just incentivized people to play on servers on the other side of the world.
  7.  Sorry again... but 500 player guild caps with zone caps of 200?  What the heck?
  8. Maps are far too small.  If it only takes a few minutes to cross the whole map then there is no way to counter the zerg.

1.   Food and Potion buffs drop randomly.  Have not been able to pinpoint why. 
  2.   Had had guildmates fall through the world multiple times when a node spawned on top of them,
  3. Sometimes the last hit on a node does not remove the node.  It stays in game and cannot be finished with further harvesting.

1. With 1 week under your belts, what do YOU guys think you could/should have done differently?
Edited by Calidor

1. Crafting and harvesting feels rewarding and exciting
  2. Intensity of Dregs
  3. Variety of races and classes
  4. Finding new and interesting mob drops

1. More Disciplines to really specialize (simple things like a minor: quiver
  2. I HATE the gold sink for Crafters/harvesting, but none for combat...seems reversed
  3. You must be in a bigger guild to compete and really utilized all of the game

1.   Smooth as silk so far

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

1. Combat, both small and large scale feel fantastic.  It is what is going to keep me coming back.
  2. Crafting is involved and I enjoy the number of decision points I get to make through the process.
  3. The character building experience, from the skill tree to promotions and domains.  It feels great, and I hope we see regular additions of new major and minor disciplines.
  4. Readability/Ambiguity of other (hostile) players.  With the limited gear sets, being able to see a minotaur in chain with two axes you can start guessing what class/promotion they are without knowing for sure.  It reminds me of Battletech/Mechwarrior and recognizing the various mechs, where a big component of player skill is seeing any enemy and being able to do the mental math on threat assessment and how to deal with them.
  5.  Map design.  Some of the forts and outposts seem to have been carefully crafted to produce various advantages and disadvantages, choke points, high ground, ect.  It really helps the various classes shine when they can take advantage of the terrain.

1.  Dominion Dust.  It feels out of place to have a gold sink blocker on my crafting and gathering progression.  Why isn't it a gatherable or craftable item?
  2.  Selling my gathered or crafted goods.  I don't have a vendor and the price of making and maintaining one seems onerous.  I can't currently make gold via crafting/gathering.  So the Dominion Dust complaint is exacerbated by making me go kill ~625 warband mobs to get a single purple discipline.
  3.  Merchant EKs and having to log in/out repeatedly to find what I need.  My suggestion would be to have an Auction House like UI (filters, searches for items) that then directs the player to the corresponding EK/vendor.
  4.  Basic/white crafted items don't feel good.  Even with a blue discipline in Weaponsmithing, crafting a white item is often not as good as a warband white item.  With the exception of durability.  This ties into my other complaints of not being able to make money with gathering/crafting.  Why would anyone buy an item when they already have or can get a comparable one for free?
  5.  Where are the Hell Cats?  Skypoint does not seem to have any of them or at least I have not found any nor know anyone who has found any.  I need flexible hide...  :(

1.  Frequently while gathering the critical hit marker displays off of the node and if you try to click it your character starts attack because you are no longer looking at the node.  I find it happens frequently as the ore rocks get smaller.
  2.  Right before a big fight in Skypoint (US East 3) last night, my guild got kicked back to login and had to wait in a queue to get back in.

1. Probably a Blair question: Why dominion dust and the rng behind getting additional gathering/crafting disciplines?  It seems like giving us an experience bar for the gathering/crafting skills would have resulted in a smoother experience.  (I understand Skinner's box and reward schedules but this is my least favorite part of my Crowfall experience thus far.)

1. Guild Numbers are too largely skewed with 500 member caps, and alliances with 2500 caps. This gives the concept of zergs being superior and numbers mattering more, when the population is less than 1% of the targeted population then your system that is in place is invalid due to numbers. I love this game very much and want to see it go in the right direction however if it continues with these mechanics then it'll have backlash similar to Large Guilds farming zones for resources freely and uncontested. I suggest limiting the members of Guilds to 200-300 Members / Alliances at 3 . This change with the numbers of the population will be healthy not to only benefit large guilds but to make the campaigns more diverse in terms of Economic power / PvP / Resources and Quality of the gameplay mechanics. This will provide a healthy amount of challenge and make it more balanced for all guilds i believe even Medium to Small Guilds.
  2. Inventory and Vault UI~ Clean up, add grouping mechanic tabs, and stacking for items. Better Tabs for Grades/ Weapon Type / Sort function.
  3. In-game social UI changes Guild/ Party.

~Wash the gold before you spend it.