Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Community Top Likes and Dislikes Feedback 07/14/2021

Top 5 Crowfall likes (things you feel we're doing great on). 

1. I like how decent the armor looks even at the most basic level. Despite needing to replace starter gear it looks decent enough when playing.
  2. I like how the questing is designed specifically to introduce mechanics to players and guide us on the path to the real part of the game.
  3. I like the "use it to level it" element of MMOS that has been lost in recent years in flagship games, and that includes a lot of the depth and approach to gathering and crafting.
  4. I like the feel of combat, the weight to the characters, and the twitch component that is sorely lacking in MMOs these days. I like that it's somewhat easy to learn the combos but is taking more effort to get good at them and knowing when to use them.
  5. I like the sprinkling of lore in game and the central conceit of the game's story loop, which is easy to engage in creatively or to ignore depending on play style and player interest.

Top 5 Crowfall dislikes (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

1.  I dislike the overlap/mouse detection while gathering when it comes to targeting nodes (when you're skinning and an herb keeps popping and disrupting it for instance), and especially when the "critical hit" reticle shows up SO FAR OFF that it's not even over the node so that you can't either turn the character over enough to reach it and it's not on the node and does nothing when you do.
  2.  I dislike the lack of UI customization and the slow responsiveness of the menus, which move like molasses, especially the map and leaderboard ones. Pulling up the map while on the move should be an option so I can quickly load it, stay in motion, ensure I'm heading in the right direction and closing it out.
  3.  I dislike the chat system, which is archaic and which lacks serious functionality (multiple inputs should be in one feed, and there should be a clear localized chat option for /say that's not hidden in the "Me" section). Trying to access it during play quickly leads to it not registering when I need/want to type, very unresponsive and slow, and the window sizing is too limited.
  4. I dislike that I can't enjoy or adequately use my Eternal Kingdom because the edit function/blueprint/highlight mode is ALWAYS on when I simply want to be in the building and interact with the objects in it. Needs a toggle ASAP.
  5. I dislike the lack of sortability in the inventory, especially the items in the player bank. Needs more categories to be functional.

Top 5 bugs on LIVE (that we may have missed and wish would be fixed). Please be specific and constructive.

1.   Critical hit gathering marker WAY off.
  2.   Way too many base component materials for the cooking aren't drops but vendor purchases. I realize that's a dislike but this is an absurd gold sink especially for someone who enjoys the process of gathering materials.
  3. Can't capture Zaleena statue in Arboreum despite it saying capturable and standing in the circle forever.
  4. EK edit interaction being stuck in the "always on" mode.
  5. Bridge is missing chunk on Caldera parcel and the ladders don't work on Caldera and Mountain Citadel castles.

If you could ask the Team member one question, what would you like to know?  Be nice, seriously don't be a jerk. 

1. At what point in the development roadmap do you hope to give the EK a proper overhaul of features and usability, seeing as that was one of the key selling points for players who wanted to engage on the trade/social possibilities of the game? (I am very glad you're focusing first on the PvP worlds though, but I want to engage in both sides of this coin!)

1. The vision for this game, the vision of the game systems and the possibilities they provide( not the execution of the said systems tho)
  2. Small scale PvP that has "side effects" as in you lose you drop your inventory.
  3. The chills that I get while roamning alone knowing I might get ganked at any point. LOVE IT !
  4. The freedom of class building due to disciplines.
  5.  The social aspect of this mmo, the fact that you have to work together with the guild in order to craft/achieve goals. 

Top 5 Crowfall dislikes (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

1.  Class balance. There is no class balance, if you are not a ranged class you are useless in Large Scale.
  2.   Inventory is a mess, no sort is really bad.
  3.   The map is atrocious feels like stolen from a 1999 game, it needs to be 2d and show team member location and a better view of the objectives( camps/forts)
  4.   The chat, again like stolen from a 1999 mmo where everything breaks.
  5.   The restriction to move UI elements and disable some of them ( like dregs score)

Top 5 bugs on LIVE (that we may have missed and wish would be fixed). Please be specific and constructive.

1.   If LOS ( line of sight is broken) the skill animation goes on but you don't hit anything and skill gets into cooldown instead if that occurs skill should be prevented from cast.
  2.   Loading times are sometimes very long.
  3. Optimization is bad for an advertised large scale pvp when we get under 30 fps while roaming solo.

If you could ask the Team member one question, what would you like to know?  Be nice, seriously don't be a jerk. 

1. Following the not so successful launch ( low population) are you considering changing the cash shop, as in lower the parcels/building prices also add some cosmetics ( weapon/armor transmogs) in order to make a revenue ? A pure cosmetic cash shop with a huge variety of items would not hurt as long as there is no pay2win hidden behind it.

1. Class design, creation and stat importance
  2. Character models: could use more variety, but you can feel the nuances of the culture through the artistic choices
  3. Combat is still quite fun, despite the flaws and floating
  4. Good junk food gaming experience
  5. Deeper crafting system

1. Impossible to tell what is going on in combat; classes with radically different abilities (tank vs. healer vs. dps) all do the same things. A cleric swinging a mace could be auto-attacking, casting a heal, or casting some minor discipline trait ability. Better visual effects would help. Continuing the previous example, a cleric casting their instant cast Tend Wounds could briefly be infused with a green aura, with a trail leading to the target of the heal, also with the same effect. It doesn't need to be much, but feels like it should do something.
  2. The vessel system is a fun, clever, rewarding sub-game that encourages replay. Despite being a good idea, it was in my opinion, wrong to implement. Other than the ethical issues of grave robbing, the first thing it said to me was: a) you don't have enough time to play this game b) you're not the target market c) the new player experience is going to be helplessly discouraging. The solution is to return to the drawing board. This ties into the next point.
  3. The game feels like it exists just to devour itself. At the end of the day, you devour your equipment, devour your characters, devour your time and... for what? The game is fun but other games are more fun. The unpolished brilliance of what this game could be may not matter in the end. It feels like a pointless, endless cycle more focused on harvesting and crafting. I think Shadowbane worked because, despite its flaws, you had ownership. You owned your character, your allegiances, your keeps, etc. The Eternal Kingdom is not a substitute for a living world.
  4. The PvP reward system is archaic. I don't have a lot of group farming/harvesting experience, but I imagine it feels a lot like the assassin runs and hides with the loot. I probably would've tied maximum level to PvP renown (as opposed to vessels) and introduced alternate currencies to make up for the fact that you're only really going to be looting stuff in PvP if you are bullying someone, which is not what I would choose to reward.
  5. Unity: making an MMO in this is a bad idea. I figured the team making Crowfall knew better than I when I read about this 5 years ago, but that was not the case.

Quick suggestions/thoughts:

1. highlighting inventory during crafting would help, based on what inventory can be slotted, and also, what can be formed into a valid combination. Trying to craft a leather sheet out of 3 flexible hides and just being told no is not obvious.
  2. overworld map is terrible; if the game can't load it/keep it in memory more efficiently, rethink it
  3. load times are unacceptable

As for a bug, I noticed that opening up my menu while I was mounting or bandaging would end the animation, but the action would still continue.

Reaching out to the community for their feedback is another good thing. My final suggestion is to take all of these ideas and feedback, and use it to create a realistic vision. Take this vision and present the community a road map. Focus on the campaigns and give the players a reason to stick around. I probably will not stick around but would love to be surprised.

1. Love the vessel system and being able to have numerous classes
  2. Love the combat system, very fun to play
  3. Love the variety in class builds
  4. Love the server stability. Doesn't feel too bad playing NA West from Oceania
  5. Aussie Servers

1.  Assassin Raid Bosses - insta dead just from farming and you don't know why. Means you can't farm Sun Elf's at all.
  2.  Enemy leach range. Can't disengage from enemies quick enough and they have a big impact on pvp fights.
  3.  Levelling up crafting involves a massive investment. Only accessible to bigger guilds.
  4.   Levelling up harvesting is not enjoyable. Need to hit things without getting many resources for your value just to get to a stage where you can start farming effectively. Just feels like a massive grind.
  5.   Mount Durability - just don't like how items you pay real money for or kickstartered can disappear.

1.   Alliance member in a party on dregs not part of your same guild sometimes appearing with a red or red/white name.
  2.   Not being able to refine metal ore from a pig on Skypoint with the right dust.
  3.  Appearing that I have a fist equiped in my UI when I have my weapon equipped. Have to use an ability for the system to realise.

1.  Any plans to market to South East Asia? Huge potential playerbase that can play with Australians and New Zealanders.

Top 5 things I like

1 - Diversity of Races + Classes, plenty of variety. I hope more Class + Race combo's appear soon. I'd love to use Confessor as a Minotaur, that class is insanely fun to use.

2 - Easy to play

3 - World is nice enough to explore

4 - Class skills, they look great, and are for the most part easily understood after a bit of play

5 - Music, honestly this is here just to hit #5. The music isn't great, but it definitely isn't bad on the ears

Top 5 things I dislike

1 - Crafting. I enjoy crafting in games, but here it seems needlessly complicated, with not enough information for ease of use.

2 - Chat. I'm not sure how to put it into text, but this seems almost entirely useless in the current incarnation. I can't tell when people are talking to me, or time they messaged if i've noticed my name in the chat itself.

3 - Tutorial + Quest implementation. The 'tutorial' takes way too long. I almost quit the game outright thinking "Is this all the game has to offer?". I kept on thankfully due to nothing else vying for my time. As for quest implementation, more actual side quests would be welcome. At the moment, it just feels like i'm being lead around by my nose from point to point (even after the tutorial)

At the moment, I don't really have any other dislikes

Coming at this from the perspective of a player who started yesterday.  Around level 21.

1.  I like the "vibe" of the game - art, story, design, and lore.
2.  Mechanically, I like the way that talent points get distributed and how within a single class there are multiple different approaches, especially in combination with race/species. 
3.  Same above goes for items.  Even after the talent points are distributed, you can slot in and out items for less commitment-heavy changes to builds, at least as far as I can tell.  This is great.

Dislikes

1.  Some small issues with usability of the UI. In general more customizability would be nice here; for instance, I would like it if I could put my health/energy/stamina closer to where my eyes actually tend to be on the screen.  Rebinding keys for follow-up combos with better specificity would be great - some of the key movements are kind of awkward as-is.
2.  Echoing the chat system thing that everyone has mentioned.  NEED customizable chat panels.  Why are whispers where they are?  Just silly.
3.  Tutorial is a bit too long, and I think that you should introduce players to group combat earlier and learn the related stuff in context rather than saying "oh, once you fight with other crows, this will be a thing."   At this point I am often sent to turn in a quest to an NPC who just forwards me to another NPC who then just forwards me to another NPC... come on now, surely there are some intermediate steps that could be skipped.  More time fighting, less spent auto-walking while browsing on my phone.

1. I like the combat and targeting system. Feels very fun and requires skill.
  2. I love Aussie servers.
  3. I love the quantity of different classes and ability to quickly level and get into pvp. 
  4. The crafting system is deep and meaningful.
  5.   Love the idea of discipline farming to level up abilities.

1.  I dislike the inventory and bank set up. Lack of sorting and finding items quickly. Also extra space could be added or at least available to purchase with gold.
  2.   Hate the lag when using map. Lack of mini map makes opening the map very frequently and the lag is just annoying.
  3.   Really dislike the amount of player spots available in guilds. Given the servers have an 1800 person cap and guilds have a 500 person cap. It's just obviously (which it has) going to lead to a zerg fest with very few guilds having near capacity of players. That combined with alliances then no doubt 1 mega alliance can just have a monopoly on dregs. It essentially eliminates small and mid scale pvp. Guild cap needs to be reduced or at least amount of guildies or alliance members in a map at a time needs to be capped.
  4.   Dislike the chat system a lot. Very cluttered and hard to navigate needs to be cleaned up. 
  5.   Dislike having to reset statue binds after server restart. 

1.   Gathering vulnerability hit markers are way off. Especially with cats. 

1. I like combat and this is why because it's something new to work out.
  2. There is potential

1.  I dislike maintenance and this is because I cant play and you could stop doing everyday so it could be better.
  2.   I dislike when new world comes out in 6 weeks everyone will leave and this is because you can't even get simple UI things right and you could make inventory sorting for the whole game.
  3.   Anything to do with the social aspect of crowfall. Because a high school student would be able to implement better systems.
  4.   Graphics options are too limited. I dont want to see grass. Just the players, the objects. I dont need reflections or sun rays either.
  5.   The games potential is being wasted

1. The combat is good overall. Feels pretty engaging.
  2. Character builds seem to be able to break the mold and do their own thing while still being viable for the role they are trying to fill. I don't think there are many cookie-cutter builds that are must follow. Seems to be some flexibility here.
  3. Crafting seems to be actually important and useful.

1. While combat overall feels good and responsive, the combo system is clunky. I don't know how to put it but using the different keys to do combo moves just feels strained. Seems like it could use some work. This is especially for combos that have multiple branches.
  2. While crafting seems cool and useful and engaging, harvesting does not. The system of choosing when to hit an ability for a particular buff or whatever feels clunky and gets old fast. Harvesting feels like a huge chore where you are doing something unfun in order to get to the fun later.
  3. The chat window is a hot mess. Some things need to be combined or something. Good luck finding a whisper in the spammy "ME" channel. Or having to stop and tab through channels to find what is being said in Faction or Guild or whatever; it just isn't functional when you actually need to use it to be aware of what's going on. It feels like you tried to fix what wasn't broken here and broke what didn't need fixin'.
  4. No ability to cancel an action or at least it's not clear. Say I start to portal back to town. As far as I know you can't cancel that. You are going whether or not you like it.
  5. The map is a disaster. It's barely functional. It's slow. It doesn't allow for waypoints or group pings. There's got to be better ways to implement this with improvements to quality of life.

1. The ultimate for the Myrmidon can be cancelled by looting but it freezes your character for the duration anyways. Looting tends to stop a lot of things that are happening like your whirlwind as well. Not sure if that is intentional.
  2. There are some tooltips that need updating or fixing. For instance the tooltip for Strength says it increases ALL damage. It does not. For example, it will not increase damage for logging. You have to dig deep in the details window to find that out. The game never explains this and misleads you.

1. What was the one thing from the game in early stages that got cut that you would fight for to have put back in (in a better way, perhaps)?

Top 5 Crowfall likes

1. Material dropping around you when gathering 
  2. Campaing Sistem
  3. Classes (customization, skills, ...)

1.  CHAT. We need more customization. Text size for example and configurable tabs like guild chat and faction in the same tab for example. Also we need to be able to click the names on the chat for invite, block, silence, whisper, etc. There are 0 intetaction with the UI. And the most important; /say
  2.   MAP. We need a minimap or at least the option to make marks on the map for the group.
  3.   COMERCE. We need an auction house or at least a central place where people could sell their stuff. The verdor sistem is weird to me. I need to create a vendor on my EK, is it the only way to show my items in game? I dont like it because the reason 4
  4.   EKs AND VENDORS. I hate this process I make when I want to look for player items: Im logged in on a random server. I realize I want to buy blue/purple weapons or armor. Log out. Go to EK finder, type "trade". Log in the first world. Go to the vendors. Look the items. Oh, its only gathering tools!. Log out. Go to EK finder, type "trade". Log in the second world. AND REPEAT FOREVER. It takes too long to trade with players. 
  5. CUSTOMIZABLE UI: I think we need more options. For example, I want the skill buttons smaller but the PIP counter bigger, or the group frames in the right corner. That kind of options.

1.   Mobs chasing you forever. Also the ELITE/SOLO BOSS fighters on guild/faction camps can see from a ver long distance.
  2.   Mob skills that hit you when you are far and not even in combat. Example, Im in stealth moving slow to see who is fighting a mob an how much hp is left. Well, before I even spot the HP bar some random skill that I cannot see just remove my stealth. 
  3. Rats (guinecean) mobs sometimes when they die they just desapear and the body appears some meters away.

1. Honest question here, since in my opinion the game have potencial but is far from being polish, there are 0 marketing or ads: is this a soft launch and the big plan is to keep patching the game and when you think its 100% ready, then you will start to promote the game?? Did you feel some rush to launch the game?

Thank you

Edited by Ylvis

1. I enjoy that there are high stakes in the game, it makes the world feel dangerous which makes the game more exciting.
  2. There is a good amount of class variety which seems to encourage different tactics for each character.
  3. The game encourages community building by making a lot of tasks require multiple characters to accomplish.
  4. It's nice to see the same people in a server.  It enables developing a relationship, even with your enemies.
  5. Large scale siege battles are very cool.

1. Performance in large fights has been incredibly poor and it has prevented any kind of intentional play and instead has devolved the large scale pvp experience into button mashing and uncoordinated zergs.
  2. It's hard to find information about how the game works.  For example: I entered dregs with a character that was missing some disciplines.  It took me a long time to figure out that there were vendors at the temples.  Also crafting information is really hard to find.
  3. Opening the map causes the game to stutter.
  4. The map doesn't show enough information.  Biggest improvements would be party member locations and also some kind of combat heat map that indicates general areas where large battles are occurring.
  5. The sieges are too late at night on US East.  10pm-12am is too late for 9-5ers.  It should be 1-2 hours earlier than that.  In fact it might be a good idea to give a guild some limited control over their siege windows.  Like make them pick a time in a 4 hour window, with a default as the alternative.

1. Is the game going to make enough money to not go under?

1. The feeling of the game. Moving around and using skills feels smooth.
  2. The music and art. In game and loading screens.
  3. The crafting. Tailoring every piece for the stats you want.
  4. The character building. Lots of options and even though balance isn't there yet there's still a lot of viable choices.
  5. The economy. Everything is set up great for a nice economy to take off with item decay and gold sinks.

1.  The chat system. Please let us re-arrange tabs, set custom filters for each tab, and link items in chat.
  2. Shopping for items. Having to zone into every EK to check vendors only to not find what you're looking for can be a huge waste of time.  
  3. The map. My game stutters whenever I first open it and I'm above recommended specs. 
  4.  The bank UI. I'd prefer a grid based view that lets us see more items at once. We need item filters too.
  5. Maps are too small for solo/duos to make any worthwhile progress. It's super easy to run into a zerg unintentionally.

1.   I've been seeing chests spawn inside walls/under floors. G16, Moon Temple is the best I can give for coordinates on one that happens often.
  2.  Mobs glitch out sometimes. They'll twitch in place like they're trying to move but are stuck. Happens more often near walls.
  3. A lot of people are having trouble with finding guild chat after joining a guild. Sometimes it doesn't appear until relogging.
  4. The game still struggles with a lot of people in a zone. Lots of crashing.

If you could ask the Team member one question, what would you like to know?  Be nice, seriously don't be a jerk. 

1. What will you be focusing on most in the near future? I think working out the basics (UI and QoL features) should be priority.

Top 5 Crowfall likes (things you feel we're doing great on):
1.) 
I love the seasons! I always love seasons in games, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter! I really like that it affects resources and point aquisition!
2.) Combat feels really fun and really good! Definitely one of the best features of the game! Some of the animations are meh, but that's a tiny complaint!
3.) Variety of classes and races! I love the amount of customizability in the game! It is so nice and refreshing to see!
4.) Timers on POI captures! I love that I won't have to worry about defending my bases non-stop and can have some time to farm, plan, and things in between that large pvp!
5.) I like that there are group events, like Motherloads, that incentivize people getting out together and farming! Add more events like this, it is super cool!

This is in no particular order!!!

1.) Please please please fix the banks on dregs! It's a scroll simulator, and we definitely need a sort function and search bar function!
2.) Dregs is essentially "Biggest Numbers Win"! Right now, especially with limited Bank Space, small guilds like mine can't hold onto any territory and have nowhere other than the bank to store anything. What are we supposed to do once our bank is full? Just make alts and store on those characters? I don't like that one bit. There needs to be something for small guilds to be able to store your gear and loot! Doesn't even have to be able to respawn there, but it's nice! We have 10-20 man groups taking single outposts!
3.) I don't like how God's Reach seems to be a lot better to acrue resources and gold, it has a lot less of risk and it's much easier to get your Discs and all. People are farming to Purple Discs on God's Reach. I believe Dregs should be much more rewarding in that aspect. 

4.) I can not stand that gathering/crafting upgrades are locked behind RNG, one of my guys farmed 20 hours logging and didn't get a single green drop. Even if you just had to buy a white Disc and take it out and level it up or something would be much better. RNG for upgrades just feels really really bad and I think it may turn a lot of players, especially newer players, off!
5.) Chat/UI: It needs an overhaul/upgrade. It is incredibly unintuitive and very buggy!

1.) Chat is very buggy and uninuitive. I would love to see it overhauled and revamped!
2.) Map and tabbing takes too long to open up. 2 seconds or so, I feel it should be pretty smooth into and out of the map and leaderboard deal.

3.) The critical points on nodes (trees, animals, rocks, ore) go away way too quickly and sometimes don't register!

4.) The vault in the dregs is missing the search bar.

What was the thought process behind RNG based progression and crafting? I think there are multiple better and more enjoyable ways to go about than being RNG based! I think this system will turn a lot of players off.

On 7/14/2021 at 5:49 PM, ACE-Tiggs said:

In a Galaxy far, far away (and many other games I worked on)...

i was asking myself the last days if this is the Tiggs from SWG...well guess here is my answer :P

1. pvp fights are super fun and mostly well balance. i especially like that they are not over super fast and there is time to turn the tide...combat is spot on here. it's also a blast to play healer in crowfall due to that
  2. RvR with castle sieges and what not...finally a good turn on it since daoc o7
  3. item decay with different levels of inventory loot instead of full loot.... as much as i like full loot in general it mostly just takes aways from the game. here it's a good mix for risk/reward
  4. crafting is deep and here to stay usefull long term
  5. that most of the stuff be it harvesting/pve happens in RvR/PvP zones

1.  no RvR campain, dunno dregs surely is fun for a lot but like back in daoc days i enjoyed rvr settings way more than ffa pvp
  2.  the map while basically not bad lacks crucial functions like showing group members, group markers and personal notes. also the opening laag is annoying
  3.  the chat - it is quite clunky and withtout showing what is written in different tabs you basically hardly can use it 
  4.  no PvP/RvR stats or realm ranks or something of that sort. i know it is hard to find a balance here but i still enjoyed the realm ranks in daoc a lot. starter rvr campaign could use some rewards too
  5. the grouploot system - please change this :)  

1.   not being able to hit a mob for skinning sometime
  2.   nothing else tbh

1. can we get some news on the faction campaign? :)

Edited by Muhadmananda

1.  Class/Race combinations.  Feels like there's always a rock to someone's paper.  The Theorycrafting is fun.
  2.  PvP is a lot of fun.  You guys nailed the action combat MMO, IMO.  TTK seems decent, smaller and large scale fights feels balanced and healthy.
  3.  Concept of the world changing seasons and ultimately dying to create a new one is an incredible idea.  Excited to see that happen.  keeps things fresh.
  4.  Visually appealing.  Some say it could be better, but for what this is I really enjoy how it looks.
  5.  Crafting Grind.  I know its not for everyone, but for me this is Crowfalls MMO grind, not leveling.  It could use some tweaks like RNG drops, but overall its in a good spot and going in the right direction.

1.   Chat System needs a rework.  Don't fix what isn't broken from other MMO's.  We need a universal chat that displays all available sub-chats like Guild, Group, etc.  Also consider changing Kingdom to Faction - Might be easier for people to understand.  If we want to exclusively see the Group or Guild chat window we can move to it.  Also work on proximity chat.  Possibly bubble/heads up chat so I know I'm talking directly with the person next to me.
  2.   Performance should be top priority.  Today 7/15/21 after the update my 2070 Super hit 87C on my full loop watercool system.  It's never got anywhere near that high on any game I've played.  Some far more demanding than this.  I wouldn't be surprised hearing Crowfall TJMaxxing systems.   Before the 7/15/21 update I had to OC my 3700x to get better framerates as its a CPU demanding game, now it appears the GPU is being hit.  A major red flag for me personally even though its well within its thermal limits.
  3.   Crafting/UI needs a rework.  I dislike having to search outside the game for information that should be in-game.  My suggestion is if you're wearing the applicable crafting belt it should show you in the toolbox of the applicable item what it does. IE:  If Im wearing a Leatherworking belt it should show me that Durable Hide gives Critical Damage when I craft with it.  Additionally I think using the quest log as a personal tracker for each item needed to craft an item would help.  That, or if I'm crafting a Sword for example it should start at the top with what I need, then the next step and so forth instead of needing to jump around the menu.
  4.   Vault quarry/sorting needs a rework.  I should be able to search its subset information like "sacrifice", and/or give a sacrifice item tabs on the left.  When we have updwards of 400 items I feel there should be a lot more tabs like Sacrifice items, craftable items, etc etc.  The more we can easily search within our vault the better.
  5.   For a heavily harvesting/crafting game there really needs to be a way to search for what you want within other's EK.  The easy answer to this is just add an Auction House, but if you want player housing to be a thing then we should be able to quarry EK's for what we're looking for so we don't have to load in and out of each one hoping they have what we're wanting. 

I know you asked for 5, but Im gonna drop a 6th.

Consider adding some type of minimap or tweak the current map so its a bit easier to navigate.   Possibly add a ping system for groups to ping where they're at (I know there is a compass identifier).   Even if the minimap is the current map just smaller it could help a lot with easier understanding of locations and where to go.  Or, fix the hitch when I open it so I can fluidly toggle the map easier.  Its a bit jarring having to open it numerous times.

1.   Harvesting Crit identifier is inconsistent.  It needs to be adjusted to be a lot more forgiving.  I've been aiming dead center and it failed because I didn't actually hit the node.  Also adjust its variable with trees.  Sometimes it goes really high or super low to the roots.
  2.   Faerie Fire does not show up on debuffs.  This is likely a design choice, but might not be.  If anything having it be displayed but without its duration for balance.  I forget I'm surrounded with purple smoke and realize that's why I can't stealth.

1.   Is a hotdog a sandwich?

On 7/14/2021 at 6:07 PM, Recatek said:

* Please put "Respawn" and "Return to Hero Statue" to diffrent Keys - not both on "F".

1. Combat feels pretty good. A good balance between active, action based combat and the WoW style of MMO combat. If that makes sense.
  2. The lore is pretty good! It gives a very grand scope to everything that's happening and also sets up future plot points if the devs ever want to go down that route. It also gives a lot of room for the players themselves to invent and create their own lore and stories.
  3. I like the idea of giving everyone an EK. A place for Crows to relax, rest, and contemplate, as well as to explore their more creative sides.
  4. Classes and races feel very good and I like the unique mixes that can come about! 
  5.  The sacrifice system is very unique and a welcome addition. It ties in very well with the lore too.

1.  As it stands, EK's are somewhat pointless. The building design is often barren and nonsensical, such as the castle being a lot of hallways that are strangely put together. There's also defence points in spite of the fact there's nothing to really defend. Not to mention the massive costs involved in creating a building you can't customize in the slightest. There's no furniture to put down. I think this needs a serious overhaul of some kind, especially since you need a certain Discipline to even start creating anything.
  2. For a game built on the lore and the idea of glorious feudal conflict, there's a surprising lack of roleplaying options. No titles or emotes or anything of the sort. Which ties back into the issues with EK. The lore feels somewhat poorly implemented overall.
  3. There's no real mechanical differences between factions and even the lore introduction for them is very weak in game. The fact that the gods are fighting over the Dragon Throne isn't explained very well. I think there needs to be more mechanical, or at least story, reasons for why players and guilds choose the factions they do. As it stands, there's no difference between them.  
  4. The tutorial is a drag with a lot of pointless busywork. Two hours in and NPCs are still making me kill X number of enemies before teaching me the mechanics of the game. In one particularly infuriating instance, an NPC would rather I do two tasks before teaching me the mechanics I was sent to them for. In addition, the tutorial's focus on fighting the Hunger feels more suited for a game focused on PvE. Unless PvE campaigns are intended to be a future mechanic. Not helping matters is that I'm often jumped by enemies fifty feet away from me, slowing down progress a lot of the time. Assassins coming out of nowhere to slow me down was a real pain.
  5.  I think there does need to be a bit more solo content/ways for solo players to engage with Crowfall. Although I admit I'm not sure what the best way to do so is. 

I'm not good with bugs, so no comment.

1. What do you think is the most important factor to Crowfall's possible success?

Feedback for Tiggs on this forum post  or other things you'd like to see on the forums. 

My feedback is simple. Thanks for posting this Tiggs!

1. I like actually fighting people.
  2. I like the class designs (except stealth).
  3. I like the build variety.

1.  The chat is horrendous.
  2.  The map is simultaneously terrible and stuns you for 2 seconds. Make it 2D instead of this attempt at fancy.
  3.  Disciplines shouldn't be RNG.
  4.  The loading screens are atrocious and yet so much content is locked behind them. Why is Sky Point a separate loading after Arboreum? Why is the free city not just in the temple? Moderately related sidenote, there shouldn't be a respawn timer in the Temple.
  5. The Assassin shouldn't have an ability that literally negates stealth prevention. The entire point of stealth prevention is to prevent stealth, which it doesn't for some reason.
  6. There is too much power in numerical advantages and big fat guilds with no identity dominate the server. There needs to be some sort of penalty if you're more than one group outside of the timed objectives (keeps etc.)
  7. You have to cut the pseudo-P2W. The optics on it are terrible. Outsiders just see +2% damage increases and faster mounts locked behind paywalls. The respec price without VIP is also atrocious on a $40 title.

1.  The memory leak is insane.
  2.  Assassins can remove stealth prevention. I know it says so on the ability, but surely that has to be a bug.

1. How do you plan to assimilate new players in a couple of months when everyone is 35 and they just get completely dunked on at 30?
Edited by JohnJohn

First off, I’d like to say thank you for opening up this thread and requesting our feedback. I have followed this game since you announced your plans on Kickstarter all those years ago. It’s been fun to play the game for the most part and I can’t believe you made me actually enjoy a crafting system.

That being said, I feel this game still has so many issues that I can’t say I’m going to be able to stick around much longer. I’ve been posting on the board for the past week and the community has been pretty toxic to suggestions and in turn has made me feel like this game might not be for me. I wish you, and the team, all the luck and wanted to at least contribute to this thread before I quit. Hopefully after some updates I can find my way back to my vessel.

1. I love going out in small harvesting groups and the small PvP skirmishes that happen as we grind.
  2. I love the crafting system in general (I’m not a person who likes crafting systems usually, so GG)
  3. Building classes using the attributes allocation, talents, ability choices, gear, discs and races are super fulfilling.
  4. Everything pretty much being account-bound, instead of character-bound is great.
  5. Being able to respec my character as much as I want is a blessing (I don't mind paying monthly for this either. You deserve to be paid for your continued work).

1.  Chat system – there are so many issues here.
    1. /say is useless in this game. I need the ability to speak to people I am not grouped with, who are standing right next to me, without using the whisper system.
    2. /whisper has never worked for me. Every time I use it, even with my friends over discord, the person I am whispering doesn’t see what I am saying.
    3. Tabs that have notifications can be hidden too easily and too easily ignored because of that.
    4. There’s no trade chat, but there’s a general chat. They both can’t be used for the same purpose because they are just flooded with literally anything.
    5. Can’t modify what channels are seen in which tab causing you to have too many tabs and end up ignoring everything pretty much.
    6. The system is so bad that my guild has a rule that if you are playing the game you HAVE to be in discord. This is something I could totally fix by joining another guild, but something that shouldn't have been a problem if a chat system from vanilla WoW (2004) was implemented instead.
  2.  Enemy AI needs a lot of work.
    1. They are not attacking me when I’m killing their friends.
    2. They don’t always know how to position themselves.
    3. While stunned they still try to face you, which is bad for back stabbing.
  3.  New player experience is pushing people away.
    1. Divorce the concept of lore and tutorials and this wont be a problem. Let the user choose what they want to do. The NPE hand holds the player by a ridiculous amount and then you just dump them into a sandbox that doesn’t hold your hand at all. It’s very disconnecting feeling.
    2. Introduce some PvP into the NPE somehow, so people don’t ask “when does the PvP start?”
  4. Loot System needs more options.
    1. I’ve talked with a few people about why this loot system was designed this way, but none of them have convinced me that it actually makes the game better. I have personally went out and ganked the enemy group “looter” and felt the positive dopamine rush, but again, I don’t think this HAS to be this way. If you have a group of 3 players who all hate the “all loot” system, we should be able to switch to group loot. I know who I choose to play with has a lot to do with whether or not I enjoy this loot system, so that’s on me. The other night I was in a group and the other players didn’t leave me with much. After about 45 minutes of getting nothing for my efforts I logged out to play another game. I’m aware I could “play with other people”, but understand that that’s exactly what I did. I played with other people on another game. That shouldn’t be a solution for an issue in Crowfall.
    2. Another thing that is actually bothering me a lot about this loot system, is how it's based on who did the most damage to an enemy, instead of who tagged it first. This just promotes in-faction ninja'ing of mobs. I know people who just sit in hot zones and steal other players (of the same faction) mobs all the time. I also have had plenty of people net pull mobs away from me or just out-dps me, essentially blocking me from farming. This would be fine, if I could kill them, but I can't even attack them because they are my faction. I have no idea what game design philosophy this loot system is following, besides trying to annoy your non-toxic players until they quit the game.
  5. I primarily play with a smaller group of people and there doesn’t seem to be much gameplay here for us beyond farming in Sky Point, which feels like a tutorial. I keep hearing that what I’m looking for is Hungerdome and FvF, but have no idea when either of those are coming out? As of right now, my friend group of 10 is down to me and another guy (who is already hyping up New World…). I personally feel like I’m not alone when I say, not knowing when I can play these features is killing my attitude and interest in the game.
  6. One final dislike that I feel is going to push away a lot of potential customers. In a few hours of gameplay, I have more PvP experiences per hour on other games that are not branded as a PvP MMO. This is a serious issue. I said in another thread that my experience with Crowfall has been 85% harvesting, 5% crafting, 4% loading screens, and 1% PvP. After playing the game for a week, I shouldn’t feel this way if this game was actually focused on PvP. This may just be a marketing problem from Crowfall’s stand point and less game design. Either way, I thought that bit of feedback could be useful to the team.

1. Hero statues look busted, you can see through the ground and sometimes get stuck under there.
  2. When dead the crow animation will sometimes get stuck upside down.
  3. The server crashes when my alliance shows up to defend a keep that no one is attacking.

1. Does the team have any vision or plans for game modes that are focused on smaller guilds? I can’t imagine my friend group enjoying 500 player guilds in 2500 player alliances. I’m waiting to test hungerdome and FvF, but am not sure if I’m going to be patient enough, sadly.

Good luck in the wars to come!

Edited by skribbz