Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Howdy Folks, I’m Gordon Walton, the co-founder of ArtCraft Entertainment, here with our Founders' Update a week after our launch! You’ll be hearing a lot more from me moving forward now that we are launched as I’m managing the Crowfall Live service. My operating philosophy is that we (the Crowfall Live Team) are the stewards of your Crowfall experience, and our mission is to ensure the game and service run well, and that Crowfall evolves and improves in ways that both please and delight our audience. We have built a highly competitive game in Crowfall specifically targeted for you; fiercely competitive groups of players whose actions impact and change the worlds they play in. We want you to have an intense and memorable experience every time you play.

This update will cover the state of the Live service right now and then some of what’s coming next. Click here to read Gordon's blog.

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

I'm not sure "finding the fight" is an issue at this point lol.

I'd like to hear literally anything about Faction servers, and I'm interesting in seeing what this major update on TEST next week is.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

1 minute ago, PopeUrban said:

I'm not sure "finding the fight" is an issue at this point lol.

I don't agree, the aspect of finding the fight is really important, almost every night with our guild we don't have any fight, only capture/defense without anyone in front 9 times out of 10.

We only have 1 random fight in the evening by crossing a guild moving but that's all.

Playing in Dregs without having real fights during fort sieges is a real problem from my point of view 😌

I had more fight against trees to have a successful defense than with guilds 😁

2 minutes ago, Uta said:

I don't agree, the aspect of finding the fight is really important, almost every night with our guild we don't have any fight, only capture/defense without anyone in front 9 times out of 10.

We only have 1 random fight in the evening by crossing a guild moving but that's all.

Playing in Dregs without having real fights during fort sieges is a real problem from my point of view 😌

I had more fight against trees to have a successful defense than with guilds 😁

Have you been using the events channel? Maybe that stuff could be better represented on the map but then you'd have to like open the map.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

38 minutes ago, Gontar said:

Faction vs faction campaigns when?

Or where can we apply for a refund as you clearly not delivered one of the promised key feature?

You know how I know you don't know how kickstarter projects work?

I cant believe they ignored the biggest issue and one of the hot topics on the forums right now. 

Faction vs Faction when!!!!!! Don't get me wrong I'm in a decent guild but I cant even go to a siege because i spent 99% of my time in a slideshow and dead. 

How do you guys plan to fix the zerg issue? or how fast and easy siege equipment is to take down.  Where are my hammers for players to attack walls with? 

what a custard joke. 

I've long been a supporter of Crowfall, I appreciate the work you've all done, and the difficulties, but I and my guild recently lost a keep and many hours of work due to a bug that was identified in beta and persisted into release - 2 of 3 the banetrees were destroyed, but when the zone went down in the crash and came back up, all 3 had respawned (we destroyed 5 banetrees in a single siege) - I have not seen any recognition or mention of this by anyone from ACE anywhere, no acknowledgement, no apology, no promise to fix this specific issue. All of the improvements you mention are indeed needed and great, but all of them are nullified by the fact that a guild can be robbed of hours of time and effort due to this banetree issue. Until this is addressed by a statement, and with a fix, I find it hard to be terribly invested in this new beginning, and impossible to recommend anyone else be. When other players take away what you have worked so very hard for, it is part of the game - when the game itself does it because of a failure on the part of the devs, it is an entirely different matter. Something like this can and will kill the game, it needs to be addressed.

Edited by Anthrage

7 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

I've long been a supporter of Crowfall, I appreciate the work you've all done, and the difficulties, but I and my guild recently lost a keep and many hours of work due to a bug that was identified in beta and persisted into release - 2 of 3 the banetrees were destroyed, but when the zone went down in the crash and came back up, all 3 had respawned (we destroyed 5 banetrees in a single siege) - I have not seen any recognition or mention of this by anyone from ACE anywhere, no acknowledgement, no apology, no promise to fix this specific issue. All of the improvements you mention are indeed needed and great, but all of them are nullified by the fact that a guild can be robbed of hours of time and effort due to this banetree issue. Until this is addressed by a statement, and with a fix, I find it hard to be terribly invested in this new beginning, and impossible to recommend anyone else be. When other players take away what you have worked so very hard for, it is part of the game - when the game itself does it because of a failure on the part of the devs, it is an entirely different matter. Something like this can and will kill the game, it needs to be addressed.

This @jtoddcoleman  

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

Would love to hear more on FvFvF! That aside, you beat the odds and Crowfall has been released. That is a feat and a half that you and your team has accomplished. Looking forward to more from AC about the future of Crowfall! 

New World Closed Beta comes out in 6 days, if FvF is not up by then this game is going to lose so many players who are frustrated with the zerg and lack of polish on so many of the quality of life features that should be in the game. 

"Each Dregs campaign requires thousands of level 25+ players to start and we easily achieved that goal in our largest markets within 72 hours."

Easily achieved thousands of players, huh? Wasn't the maximum peak worldwide for all servers ~3500 concurrent players?

"We are seeing some new issues that didn’t surface during beta, including a dip in framerate for many customers while in large battles."

These framerate issues and client optimization have been a problem for +5 years. I don't think it's fair to word it in a way that makes it seem like they are entirely new issues.

"World Zone limits - We are working first on optimization to increase the number of people participating in an individual throne war siege"

Could we get some more detail? What's the new goal for the cap? Roughly when should we expect it to happen?

Also, why is there no word on a ton of the other pressing issues such as the NPE + overall tutorial, barebones UI, poor 3D map causing 2 sec freezes when opening, tooltips being badly described, server/campaign browser being badly described, more visual character customization, allowing higher FOV/more zoom distance, etc. when they are some of the things new players will instantly face and be annoyed by?

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

1 hour ago, SudoInitSix said:

You know how I know you don't know how kickstarter projects work?

And what if i tell you that i havent kickstarted it, just bought later?

3 hours ago, Anthrage said:

We definitely are working on the banetree persistence issue (and the crash btw).  The persistence issue was something we thought was fixed pre-launch but clearly wasn't.    We are definitely sorry for any and all bugs that diminish the enjoyment of the game and are working on them.    Big ones like these get our immediate full attention as it ruins one of the high points of the competition.   Again sorry to everyone affected, and we're on it.

Thanks!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

15 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

We definitely are working on the banetree persistence issue (and the crash btw).  The persistence issue was something we thought was fixed pre-launch but clearly wasn't.    We are definitely sorry for any and all bugs that diminish the enjoyment of the game and are working on them.    Big ones like these get our immediate full attention as it ruins one of the high points of the competition.   Again sorry to everyone affected, and we're on it.

Thanks!

Thanks Gordon, I appreciate it.