• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kopko

Trade system

What trade system you want in game?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What trade system you would like to see?

• Auction based
    • Owning city shop
    • /say spamming lol
    • Something else (please specify in post below)
    • Market cities

I'd like to see a mixture of something along the lines of Trade routes for supplies, to run building materials for armor/cities whatever from place to place.

And put a system in place to where they can be robbed.

Same with player stores, I want to be able to steal from them. Have the players have to put some kind of NPC guard in there that will chase me or something if I get caught stealing.

I WANT TO BE A HIGHWAY MAN AND STICK PEOPLE UP FOR THEIR GOODS!

No Auction House please. If this is a game about living breathing worlds in each server, each with history and conflict, I don't want to server-wide AH killing my immersion. If you want to sell a lot of things, then become one of your server's merchants.

As we all expect, we're likely going to be able to build our own cities. So like some others mentioned earlier in the thread, why not our own shops? People should be able to steal from those shops as well. Maybe you can be able to hire npc guards for a certain amount of gold per hour at set times everyday. Or hell, if your shop is prestigous and famous enough in the server, how about you hire a powerful, trustworthy player?

Guild Cities and commonly owned cities could also have player built markets, as well. Maybe like the tunnel in EQ, but with merchant stands and stalls, all built by the players.

But please no Auction House.

I like guild cities and player shops, but for me I'd love to see them go without universal banks, at least for items. And require wagons or something similar for transporting building materials. Create more opportunities for conflict

The Sundered Guard-"Nature's Sword, the People's Shield"-Ranger's Brotherhood of Shadowbane, Mourning Server

Listen to CrowCast-A Crowfall Podcast
Crowfall1_zps3d24a64d.jpg

I'd like to see a mixture of something along the lines of Trade routes for supplies, to run building materials for armor/cities whatever from place to place.

And put a system in place to where they can be robbed.

Same with player stores, I want to be able to steal from them. Have the players have to put some kind of NPC guard in there that will chase me or something if I get caught stealing.

I WANT TO BE A HIGHWAY MAN AND STICK PEOPLE UP FOR THEIR GOODS!

Market cities are good. Just get rid of global auctions. And no TESO guild auctions, players instantly found a way around.

Good old-fashinoed trade from one person to another and marketplaces. Few, but flourishing.

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

Local city market stalls, vendors are all player-owned. Anything you buy in a city is made by human players (perhaps with the exception of whatever NPC cities they might have).

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.

- Nietzsche

City Shops are bad, if you can place them everywhere, will be like Tera, all the custard city full of stupid stores. 

Best way : Local Auction House (City based)

Why not a combination of methods?

For instance:

• In certain "market cities" there are auction houses.
  • Every village above a certain size has one or more merchants.
  • Players can purchase shops and pay NPCs to run them.
  • Players can direct trade on the street.

This tiered approach also has the benefit of making trade a possible game play style in and of itself- essentially making trade a PVP option as well.

I have not played Eve, thus have not encounted region specific auction housing/banking.  It seems interesting enough tho, but I still rather enjoy the idea of a market distric in certain large cities, that allow players to rent for a short amount of time.  It would give the feeling of going out fighting farming questing, and returning to bring your fat loot to the market, I just have the image of a bustling narrow allyway packed with store fronts side by side, maybe even with an area for a customizable sign should the player decide to use it.  What would be interesting to see something like a layout of goods and merchandise actually visible on the counter top, shelves, cases, where ever, or how ever players can display their goods.  

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

Whatever system it is, I hope there is localized banking, ala EVE.  And at least something approaching EVE levels of player-controlled-economy.

I agree, EVE has an amazing system for trading goods and the economy.

Invincibility lies in the defence, the chance of victory; in the attack.

I prefer player run shops.  There should be WTS chat channel in cities though.  Sometimes you just have a one of a kind or highly sought after item that would be easier to advertise on chat than on a random vendor.  Another option would be a trade section of the forums....

"Come down to the Holy Kris Emporium!  Now available rare stat scrolls for 10,000 pieces!  LIMITED QUANTITY!  Act fast!  Holy Kris can be found at 250 x, 562 y in the city of Walltown, next to Trader Ho's Cafe."

Regarding L2, squat and sell.  I didn't like it because you couldn't play the game while selling stuff.  You had to just sit there.  I would end up selling mats overnight, leaving the game running all night, which I don't prefer.