Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Free to play or watch your game die

IceBolt

2 minutes ago, macavity said:

I think if Artcraft had better/more communication then a lot of the outrage could have probably been prevented.

"better/more" ? Artcraft has not the slightest bit of communication at all..
Their discord channel is locked to the public, the Forum is locked to people who buy, no one responds to anything you write.

I am not sure what is going on there but it's a bad sign

6 minutes ago, Jah said:

It's totally dishonest. Numerous aspects of the game didn't exist yet in 2016. There is plenty to criticize, but saying "absolutely nothing happening except very minor changes like UI stuff and slight optimization" is just plain false.

LOL at expecting me to respond to that nonsense with a comprehensive list of Crowfall's developments over the years.

Please explain to me how it's dishonest. The flaws in the game that I experienced in 2016, and that made me quit back then, still persists to this day in 2021.

I have acknowledged several times that the optimization is the one big thing that I felt actually did improve(it's still not great though).

The other big change is that they removed the passive skill tree system and replaced it with a boring 3-path static system.

Perhaps it's a case of the big changes only happening for endgame stuff. I never made it to that point, so that's certainly a possibility.

At least throw me a bone and just write one or two sentences about some things that you felt were big changes and I'll go look it up and do some research.

Edited by macavity

7ug90hM.png

Free to play monetization only makes sense for genres that have both mass appeal and tons of other games competing with them.

This is a niche game, f2p isn't going to affect the playerbase in any meaningful way. People who are looking for something like this will try it because options are limited.

1 hour ago, Jah said:

LOL at expecting me to respond to that nonsense with a comprehensive list of Crowfall's developments over the years.

A guy intended to understand the situation of Crowfall can still find news about past development in archive of this forum.

A guy who is here to blame is not able to do, pity for him.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

35 minutes ago, RikForFun said:

A guy intended to understand the situation of Crowfall can still find news about past development in archive of this forum.

A guy who is here to blame is not able to do, pity for him.

Once again, if it's so easy to find, you can surely sum it up for me in once sentence. Just write like 5 big changes that happened. It should be easy for you, right?

7ug90hM.png

19 hours ago, macavity said:

Once again, if it's so easy to find, you can surely sum it up for me in once sentence. Just write like 5 big changes that happened. It should be easy for you, right?

The are differences between dialoguing and yelling our feelings.

One of these difference is called "burden of proof". 
It means when I'm dialoguing I have to be ready to explain why I'm doing an assertion.

An example.
Weeks ago I said:

Ace promised us a fantasy game with EVE's features. They are launching a product which is going to be at "Long Term" (TM) a 3D version of Albion.

While a future in which Crowfall will be completed imitating Albion mechanics is my guess, I have to be objective about past promises of ACE. I believe this old interview is clear enough about what was planned:
https://www.mmorpg.com/interviews/unveiling-the-skill-trees-with-artcraft-entertainment-2000105271

By the way, crowdfunding goal is not  to buy a product, but to hire a professional intending to realize a product with the planned features. 
It's part of crowfunding risk to have a product lacking some of this features (and is also part of the risk having no product at all).

When a guy states: 

it felt like there was hardly any changes between 2016 and 2020/2021

It is a burden of him to enumerate which features Crowfall had in 2016 and how the features introducted later feel like no changes at all.

After that a dialogue became possible.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

27 minutes ago, RikForFun said:

It is a burden of him to enumerate which features Crowfall had in 2016 and how the features introducted later feel like no changes at all.

After that a dialogue became possible.

If you actually look at that quote, I didn't state it for a fact that they didn't change anything. I expressed my feelings and said that I personally felt like there wasn't any/much change. Then several people claimed that there had been a lot of big changes, as a matter of fact.

If they are stating it as a fact that there has been big changes, then the onus is on those people with those claims to provide proof for that. Despite them spending time replying to me and trying to convince me that I am wrong in various ways, none of them even took 2 minutes to just write one or two sentences about which changes happened to prove me wrong.

Edited by macavity

7ug90hM.png