Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bassa

Stretch Goals For 1.5 And 2 Million

Well more stretches I feel should mean hiring more people but it's basically what type of people should they hire.

I personally don't know how things are going on office side but whatever area is being produced the slowest is the area more people should be hired to work on.  :)

YannMLq.png

1,5: The other rulesets. It think this is reasonable to broaden the scope of the game. I'm sure people have already eyed on different sets.

2-2,5: Localization (hosting, client texts AND support) for french and german. Honestly, I can't stress how many players are concentrated in these two countries. They alone justify setting up EU-Servers in Frankfurt (better connection than London or Amsterdam). And I know how costly this is going to be. If you decide on this, I can provide a clue on who to contact for systematic programmatic localization (they implemented and did the localization for ESO).

Edited by Angier

Well more stretches I feel should mean hiring more people but it's basically what type of people should they hire.

I personally don't know how things are going on office side but whatever area is being produced the slowest is the area more people should be hired to work on.  :)

Well, um, yeah... ^^ But if they would hire 3D artists, game mechanic designers, technical directors or whatnot they all can work on different parts of the game. So I think it's cool to make some suggestions what we (the backers) would like to see. They will do what they think is right anyway but for now it's a good thing to give some input because that's what a Kickstarter project is about in my opinion.

"Kansas City Shuffle - When everybody looks right, you go left."

2 million stretch goal: Darkfall Player Segregation

ACE will purchase the rights to Darkfall and run it independently of Crowfall. A complex algorithm will analyze every forum post by every poster, and identify the Darkfall evangelists. All such identified fanatics will be redirected to the newly acquired Darkfall game server instead of Crowfall.

1,5: The other rulesets. It think this is reasonable to broaden the scope of the game. I'm sure people have already eyed on different sets.

2-2,5: Localization (hosting, client texts AND support) for french and german. Honestly, I can't stress how many players are concentrated in these two countries. They alone justify setting up EU-Servers in Frankfurt (better connection than London or Amsterdam). And I know how costly this is going to be. If you decide on this, I can provide a clue on who to contact for systematic localization (they implemented and did the localization for ESO).

So true. The other rule sets are a huge selling point for the game in my opinion. It's actually almost a shame that they are not already included. And while they seem to be quite confident that they can deliver them outside of Kickstarter I would prefer this feature to be safe for release.

20 days for finished campaign...$2,000,000 - Crowfall is F2P and localize in anywhere in the world

13 days for finished campaign...$3,000,000 - ACE,CF, everyone knows these cuts. Young people no longer play games while waiting Crowfall.

7 days for finished campaign...$4,000,000 - DotA 2 and LoL closed. Crowfall added to Steam.

3 days for finished campaign...$5,000,000 - Gordon becomes as famous as Brad Pitt, Vladimir Putin and Mark Zuckerberg.

after a while

24 December 2016 - Start OBT Crowfall. People massively fired from their jobs in the world. Apple closes. Other MMORPG disconnect their server. All of humanity is focused on Crowfall.

31 December 2016 - After $18,000,000 dollars in donations the singularity happens. Humanity sheds their biological bodies and merges with the artifical intelligence entity known as Crowfall, mankind as we know it ceases to exist and the known universe is destroyed, only to be rebuilt in voxel form.

b7xcsz.jpg

So true. The other rule sets are a huge selling point for the game in my opinion. It's actually almost a shame that they are not already included. And while they seem to be quite confident that they can deliver them outside of Kickstarter I would prefer this feature to be safe for release.

While I agree that it would be nice, I am personally more than happy to wait a little while longer if it means the core of the game is completely polished and ready to go. As mentioned beforehand by ACE themselves, it will be incredibly easy to add new rulesets to the game once the core module and The Dregs ruleset are in place. After that, it's simply a matter of adding teams and ensuring they function as intended. 

While I agree that it would be nice, I am personally more than happy to wait a little while longer if it means the core of the game is completely polished and ready to go. As mentioned beforehand by ACE themselves, it will be incredibly easy to add new rulesets to the game once the core module and The Dregs ruleset are in place. After that, it's simply a matter of adding teams and ensuring they function as intended. 

That is of course also true. No one needs additional rule sets without a working core. But since the Kickstarter is (more or less) clearly stating that the 800k is used for a working core I think they shouldn't add stretch goals like 2M: a slightly better working core... 2.5M: more features to actually complete the core, etc.

I am assuming that the core is working, polished and finished for 800k because that is what the Kickstarter is about.

No Ships.

Guild vs Guild Ruleset + Guild Support maybe for 1.4M (or appropriate number)?

JTodd confirmed earlier that the base Kickstarter only covers the "Core Game" + Dregs Ruleset.

This.

The Shipwrecked Pirates

www.thesaltymaid.com

That is of course also true. No one needs additional rule sets without a working core. But since the Kickstarter is (more or less) clearly stating that the 800k is used for a working core I think they shouldn't add stretch goals like 2M: a slightly better working core... 2.5M: more features to actually complete the core, etc.

I am assuming that the core is working, polished and finished for 800k because that is what the Kickstarter is about.

Of course! But they have also said that Winter 2016 is the estimated release date for the core module. This led me to believe the subsequent rulesets (The Shadow, etc) will come shortly after (quite possibly within the following quarter), once they ensure The Dregs is functioning exactly as intended upon release.

If they can fit in the other mentioned rulesets by then - great! It would definitely be beneficial and attract more players to the initial release. But I don't want them to be pressured into promising something they can't deliver. Quality of quantity, any day.

Of course! But they have also said that Winter 2016 is the estimated release date for the core module. This led me to believe the subsequent rulesets (The Shadow, etc) will come shortly after (quite possibly within the following quarter), once they ensure The Dregs is functioning exactly as intended upon release.

If they can fit in the other mentioned rulesets by then - great! It would definitely be beneficial and attract more players to the initial release. But I don't want them to be pressured into promising something they can't deliver. Quality of quantity, any day.

Well, yeah. Unfortunately right now it's a blur if and if so, then when additional rule sets are being added. I am fine with this but since it's apparently a money issue I am saying that they might be a great stretch goal, because I expect the core to work, because that is exactly what I helped funding so far! ^^

I think you all are forgetting that before any more stretch goals can be announced that they must first fire Eric!  Honestly though there are so many things I would like to see I'd be hyperventilating for a day. 

I'd like it if they put some serious work into Disciplines, either expanding their options wide (more Promotions) or tall (Disciplines are highly customizable in and of themselves). I worry that the smaller the tree is, the more one specific build will become viable over everything else that Archetype can do.

Second, I'd like the choice of a God to have a series impact on things, more than just dividing you into factions. Worshipers of certain Gods having unique feels to them, for example, like unique cosmetics (Arkyn's worshipers can have flames on their armor, Illara's worshipers are surrounded by spectral cats) or abilities depending on your Archetype (Hero gives the Knight a bash attack, but gives the Confessor an armor bonus).