Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oof, that is not a very promising promotion on Youtube

I just leave this here. This and Kiras video are the only things about Crowfall that create views and I feel this will not generate much interest or trust in future development.
It just shows that a new player who is not viewing a lot of videos explaining stuff might not have a good first impression.

A lot of vets will point out that he does not understand the game's mechanics, but if that happens to him, it might happen to a lot of casual players.

1 minute ago, Blowfeld said:

casual players

Youll hear alot of folks say "but its not for casuals".

My say: Its not for any borderline hardcore mmoers either. Its for the Niche of Niche, and its not going to survive very long on that.

Give it 2 years and if the issues with player economy accessibility (ease of buying / selling) is not answered, there is not gonna be anything left lol.

4 minutes ago, Exiled said:

TheLazyPeon, I guess he didnt get paid enough to do a good review. 

Does not matter. He generates the only visibility this game has right now besides Articles like "Crowfall has released, but noone plays it".  And he rips the game apart. So this is what people interested in the game will see when they search it on youtube.

Combo this with all the MMOs coming out in the next year and it spells trouble, sadly.

14 minutes ago, BucDen said:

I can't stand that voice. Is there a tl;dr of what he said in the video? 

basically his biggest issue: having to fly as a crow after pvp death is a deal breaker (he only wants to pvp) while the big button with the msg "hold to return to statue" is in the middle of the screen :) is at least what i took from it ^^

21 minutes ago, BucDen said:

I can't stand that voice. Is there a tl;dr of what he said in the video? 

the tutorial is boring
map is terrible
UI is one of the worst he's ever seen
death crow is tedious
no explanation at all about what the different server worlds are
couldn't find anyone to pvp with, or any other player at all
all chats are completely empty

"You essentially took six years to make a worse version of GW2's WvW mode"

And he's not wrong. This game is incomplete garbage and should have never left beta in its current state.

3 minutes ago, ToadConjurer said:

the tutorial is boring - agreed
map is terrible - agreed
UI is one of the worst he's ever seen -agreed
death crow is tedious -ehhh I don't mind it
no explanation at all about what the different server worlds are -could be better explained but it's not rocket science
couldn't find anyone to pvp with, or any other player at all -I find that hard to believe, unless the EU market is really that bad for CF
all chats are completely empty -because the chat system sucks and is the single worst thing about this game. General is usually bustling though

"You essentially took six years to make a worse version of GW2's WvW mode" - haven't played GW2, so no idea what that means

And he's not wrong. This game is incomplete garbage and should have never left beta in its current state.  -Incomplete, some parts are garbage, other parts I enjoy immensely, definitely wasn't ready for Prime Time.

9 minutes ago, ToadConjurer said:

the tutorial is boring
map is terrible
UI is one of the worst he's ever seen
death crow is tedious
no explanation at all about what the different server worlds are
couldn't find anyone to pvp with, or any other player at all
all chats are completely empty

"You essentially took six years to make a worse version of GW2's WvW mode"

And he's not wrong. This game is incomplete garbage and should have never left beta in its current state.

All of those are 100% spot on. It's actually crazy how little the game has changed from when he did a 2016 video on it.

9ypsZiN.png

The developers really messed up by including the tutorial and padding it with pointless fetch quests. If you know what you are doing you can grind the tutorial out in a couple hours but I know a lot of players spent much longer than that, 6+ hours, and then they go to the Faction vs Faction world which is essentially a placeholder world for you to store items for the dregs.

The dregs is the only real content this game has right now and it's not really explained.  Whiny peon guy got lost in the tutorial and placeholder world and never experienced the game which is probably what the average player will do as well. 

This game has to junk the new player experience and use it to explain some of the important stuff in the game and how the worlds work because right now it's full of pointless fetch quests which heavily incentivize you to spam next to get through the crap to the real game.

The only chance this game has is to really improve to rough edges, fix the ui, fix performance issues, guide players towards meaningful content and hopefully keep some players and not just hardcore ones because the game cannot survive on that alone.

Edited by Fizbun

Big PvE MMO streamer plays PvP game as if the PvE game, doesn't understand anything about the core tenant of the game, then gets upset that the game isn't another PvE MMO clone with some PvP in it.

It's like he was reviewing Eve Online but never once went into low/null sec and spent the entire game running around in his newb ship wondering why all the PvE missions weren't that interesting.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by BlackfeatherCo

Blackfeather.png

1 minute ago, BlackfeatherCo said:

Big PvE MMO streamer plays PvP game as if the PvE game, doesn't understand anything about the core tenant of the game, then gets upset that the game isn't another PvE MMO clone with some PvP in it.

🤷‍♂️

You just lied, lol. Where did he say that?

8 minutes ago, BlackfeatherCo said:

The entire rant at the end is from the perspective of someone who hasn't ever put a level 30 character in the dregs for a few hours.

Probably because the game does a piss poor job of even explaining what dregs are, and instead pushes people towards skypoint for pvp. Regardless, even if he knew about dregs, I doubt pvp at under 30fps in zerg v zergs would have changed his opinion about that game anyways.

Edited by ToadConjurer

2 hours ago, Blowfeld said:

A lot of vets will point out that he does not understand the game's mechanics, but if that happens to him, it might happen to a lot of casual players.

Let me tell you a story about players...

We had a big gigantic button on the screen that said "START". Players would be fumbling around with their controller and looking at the screen asking "how do we start the game". They would do this no matter where we put the START button. They would do then when we had written English that said "press the start button to begin the game" with a big pulsating button pointing right at it. They would do this despite reading the big signed with instructions on it for how to START and play the game.

There comes a point where there's nothing you can do to "educate" your player and if they can't figure out how to even start your game, let alone play it, then perhaps it's okay that those players don't play your game.

🤷‍♂️

Blackfeather.png

8 minutes ago, BlackfeatherCo said:

There comes a point where there's nothing you can do to "educate" your player and if they can't figure out how to even start your game, let alone play it, then perhaps it's okay that those players don't play your game.

🤷‍♂️

The game is literally so poorly explained that the developers themselves decided to implement a Wiki directly into the game.

That should tell you something.

Edited by macavity

9ypsZiN.png

Agrees
The map is awful.
Can't be interacted with while moving. 
Doesn't show active group member's position in the zone.

Could provide more information -- the argument that players will make their own/better maps just doesn't align with any convenience players might appreciate from the map holding more information based on their own activities.

Bank UI is bad, a customizable tab would be way better -- something like Diablo 3.
If he thinks the bank in GR is bad, boy just you wait until Dregs where you can enjoy a bank with absolutely no filters!

Nuetrals
Game is a sandbox and relies on the player population to provide content to other players.
This is clearly their soft launch, and they had discussed it a lot in the past, though I don't expect them to come out and say that now. That being said, this game isn't going to have AoC, NW, or FFXIV appeal. Niche doesn't mean dead, it just sets a different standard for a sustainable population, and I expect it to come once the game is more polished, feature rich, and has marketing money behind it.

Disagrees
Crowform on death
This may not be a good mechanic, and it may lead to exacerbating a sense of tedium within the game. However, I think mechanically it helps slow down the respawns for zergs to resolve bigger battles more quickly. 
I also think this crowform mechanic has a lot of room for expanding the content and game/event modes if used creatively.
If there are no plans to expand what happens after death, then I imagine a better solution would just be to automatically send a player to the nearest available outpost (outside of a contested zone) or to choose a temple/bound statue, and cut out the entire fly around. If you need to increase the time on respawns, just add a short duration debuff that keeps players from mounting, running, or using movement abilities and let the camp help tick it down so that it is in player's best interest to loiter there for a second.

Combat is unique, and does feel a bit rough, but it is actually fairly enjoyable if you give it an honest effort. Don't expect your WoW/GW2 muscle memory to translate to this one.

Edited by Lightsig
rearrange+