Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oof, that is not a very promising promotion on Youtube

On 7/20/2021 at 3:46 PM, ToadConjurer said:

Probably because the game does a piss poor job of even explaining what dregs are, and instead pushes people towards skypoint for pvp. Regardless, even if he knew about dregs, I doubt pvp at under 30fps in zerg v zergs would have changed his opinion about that game anyways.

You never played Shadowbane or DAoC or UO did you?

Hands weren't held.

WTF is going on around here?

tumblr_opi65cphh71v5mc1xo1_400.png

19 minutes ago, Stormcrow said:

LazyPeon is so professional that he managed to not find anyone to PVP with for hours and hours by selecting all the wrong servers.

I personally dont like that streamer, but he did show how an average new player will see the game the first time. Perhaps he did select the wrong places or servers on purpose, but cant you see that a new player could and would do the very same thing?

Just now, BlackfeatherCo said:

Grievance mongers are the mainstay of YouTube these days.

Sad but true. And they get rich doing it while actually 'creating' nothing.

2 minutes ago, Stormcrow said:

Sad but true. And they get rich doing it while actually 'creating' nothing.

They are creating entertainment and yes, getting a lot of money from their viewers. Basically the same as most any entertainer. 

I hardly call spreading lies and negative energy entertainment. LazyPeon didn't do a 1/100th of the research I did in the past two weeks before I jumped into this release after a very long absence. And he's getting paid.

Back in my day we'd call that sloppy work at best.

This assumes he's not being motivated by the competition, but I haven't written off that possibility either.

3 hours ago, mystafyi said:

While I agree he did ham it up, he did show a new player experience with crowfall , for better or worse, that is the problem.

You would think after making several videos about the game over the course of 5 years he would have some idea what the game is actually about, and not need the NPE to hand-feed it to him.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 minute ago, Jah said:

You would think after making several videos about the game over the course of 5 years he would have some idea what the game is actually about, and not need the NPE to hand-feed it to him.

Hah, you wont get me to defend his content. Kira and lazy both basically dumped on a game they didnt really play for views. In fact I think kira outright admitted to that in the last review. Still, lazy did show a new player path that didnt look good. 

15 minutes ago, IceBolt said:

The levels of delusion coming from you backers are insane. Lazypeon was 100% accurate.

Low-hanging fruit. He didn't explain anything that makes Crowfall unique. He has no true interest in boosting the effort. He's making money by spreading misinformation and creating a sense of hopelessness and lack of community that actually doesn't exist from what I've witnessed just from lurking on streams and watching honest YouTubers.

Crowfall has a tiny budget and a small team compared to Amazon, Ashes of Creation, etc. Yet, LazyPeon sees fit to ignore any positives and cry about things that he could have simply asked about to another streamer. He could have gleaned which server to log into for heavy PVP after maybe 10-15 minutes of research and, again, watching streamers. In fact, there are tons of Aussies playing this game with Americans in the early morning hours, so he didn't even do that right.

LazyPeon does not make or break this game in the end though. That's up to all of us to decide. I'm enjoying it so far. The game has improved tremendously from the early alpha. I'm sorry some people fail to see the efforts, but that's just the way MMO player communities roll. You can't make everyone happy and you certainly can't satisfy gamers easily. It is known.

Edited by Stormcrow

17 minutes ago, Stormcrow said:

Crowfall has a tiny budget and a small team compared to Amazon, Ashes of Creation, etc.

Not compared to ashes. Intrepid has slightly more devs on project and costs to reflect that. 

2 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Not compared to ashes. Intrepid has slightly more devs on project and costs to reflect that. 

Perhaps, but the hype around Ashes has always been bigger. Asmongold played it on stream recently and knows the devs. That smells like money to me, but what do I know.

2 hours ago, Stormcrow said:

LazyPeon sees fit to ignore any positives and cry about things that he could have simply asked about to another streamer.

He shouldn't have to ask, it should be explained somewhere in the game.

2 hours ago, Stormcrow said:

LazyPeon does not make or break this game in the end though.

I know , the devs did when they asked for that rediculous price tag XD

3 hours ago, Stormcrow said:

I hardly call spreading lies and negative energy entertainment. LazyPeon didn't do a 1/100th of the research I did in the past two weeks before I jumped into this release after a very long absence. And he's getting paid.

Back in my day we'd call that sloppy work at best.

This assumes he's not being motivated by the competition, but I haven't written off that possibility either.

IMO, no other MMO views CF as competition so they would feel no need to pay LP to trash review it. He did it because that's who he is. His clicks pay him, he didn't need extra money from other game companies.

macdeath_sig.png

5 hours ago, Stormcrow said:

Crowfall has a tiny budget and a small team compared to Amazon, Ashes of Creation, etc.

It was their decision to work with less resources and to make what they did how they did.

If endless resources were all it took then AAA games wouldn't flop, need redesigns, monetization changes, be cancelled, shutdown, etc. I assume having more helps the process, but it isn't a magic bullet.

You can't make everyone happy and you certainly can't satisfy gamers easily. It is known.

True but I assume ACE expected more as plenty backed, purchased, played, and tried the game over the last six years. More then a couple claimed a lot of "niche" players were waiting for launch despite the low turnout during beta.

Gaming sites haven't given glowing review (pcgamer 64%) which likely get a decent number of eyes on them. Even the mostly neutral reviews come with caveats that go beyond "its isn't the game for everyone."

Lazypeon might get 100k views in a day but that's one individual with a particular following. IMO what matters is how many are actually enjoying and playing the game. The population was being tracked and some sites made note of the relatively low numbers and then ACE decided to prevent pop tracking.

If there are enough to make the game enjoyable for players and enough to fund further development, great. If not, then ACE is the only one that will do something one way or another. Highly doubt anyone is going to convince others of anything by bickering on a forum at this point.

Perhaps, but the hype around Ashes has always been bigger. Asmongold played it on stream recently and knows the devs. That smells like money to me, but what do I know.

This was about lazypeon, how does a wow streamer have anything to do with this?

6 hours ago, Stormcrow said:

Let's be 100% real here, most of the immediate problems in Crowfall have absolutely nothing to do with how much money they had or the size of their team.

Bad NPE/tutorial, barebones UI, terrible 3D map that lags for 2 seconds, having to mouse over every single POI to see timers instead of them just being shown by default, poor banking system, server browser with bad descriptions, choosing to launch without FvF, having respecs being locked behind 75k gold/VIP, a ton of badly described tooltips when it comes to talents, items and skills, abysmal chat system, etc.

All of these could have EASILY been fixed over the course of the many years they lulled around and hardly did anything with the game. There's like a black hole between 2016/2017 to 2021 where the game hardly even changed, despite a ton of valid feedback being provided on the forums.

Edited by macavity

9ypsZiN.png

6 hours ago, Stormcrow said:

No, all I saw is a guy who wanted to boost his views by creating negative hype, in a genre he professes to represent.

I saw a guy actually try to enjoy a game despite past displeasure with it. He gave it a shot and IMO pointed out several items that should of been addressed long ago. UI, map, map lag, combat/animations, etc. He even apologized at the end for being so negative.

I'm not an huge fan of his but do like his relatively quick run down of games and check his content out once in a while. Usually he is pretty spot on but I also seem to share game tastes with him.

Don't believe I've ever seen him give an overly positive/negative review just for fun. And yes he does do positive reviews, even of game I've long written off for whatever reasons.

He could of researched or asked others, but he approached it like an average player would and didn't like what he experienced. Empty servers and other issues he pointed out are not something he should try to understand or accept if he doesn't enjoy such things.

Unless he actually said something that was factual wrong that wasn't his opinion, not sure how he is spreading lies.