Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Founders' Update: Welcoming New Crows


Recommended Posts

I'm glad that they're bringing FvF...  And I'm anxious to see what changes they have (lets see if they actually fix any of the broken things that they have refused to for years); however, I also wonder what makes him think that they're "building" a playerbase in Brazil and Australia?  Am I missing something or are they just trying to pedal this delusional idea that the game has just hit the ground running and so many people are excited to come play it in it's current state?  From what I've seen all indications are that this game is dead on arrival and it'll take more than an FvF to bring anybody back to the game.  At this point, I don't think I'll feel optimistic until they actually own up to the fact that aspects of the game are absolutely horrible.  Until they show that they're actually concerned about the player base as a whole and will take objective feedback to make the game good I'm just going to operate assuming the game will continue to crash and burn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The slow pace on needed changes is baffling. They expect to get FvF up in a patch on the TEST server this week. Lets assume they can pull that off, it will be another week or 2 before it's likely to be promoted to Live, This is a key game feature that should have been part of Live Launch and we may see it on Live a month post launch best case.

Is there no sense of urgency at ACE?

Mac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

The slow pace on needed changes is baffling. They expect to get FvF up in a patch on the TEST server this week. Lets assume they can pull that off, it will be another week or 2 before it's likely to be promoted to Live, This is a key game feature that should have been part of Live Launch and we may see it on Live a month post launch best case.

Is there no sense of urgency at ACE?

That IS them moving forward with urgency 😂

I just hope enough people are left and motivated to log into the test server to give a lot of feedback, find bugs and THEN ACE still has to (hopefully) fix stuff before rolling it out to live.

Guess we see Shadows after the launch of New World, which will once again leave CF with the core crowd that has been around for ages.

Edited by Blowfeld
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get it, you designed the game and you know how it works, but to even experienced mmo players this game is confusing and unguided in the way you navigate the tutorial and starting world let alone the menu, chat and guild dreg. Please fix this before you go ahead with advertising otherwise you're just wasting money and shooting yourself in the foot when it comes to these new players having a good time. I've played about 150hours so far and I'm loving it, but I went in with a group of people to figure it all out with, chat with on discord and craft disciplines together. I can't see myself ever having fun jumping in alone with a chat system that people mostly ignore and can't even ping whispers with, me tab? like really guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you rework assassins is it possible for you to provide better support for bows on assassins? I know its not meta but i really enjoy using a bow on my cutthroat but would rather have a 3rd or 4th promotion for using a bow available. I don't do as much ranged damage as a ranger but having the option in teamfights to do decent ranged damage is very versatile and fun. It would be fun to see a promotion class for assassin that is focused on ranging and then going in for kill, and if you could make it so bows could apply weapon poison it would be awesome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Blowfeld said:

That IS them moving forward with urgency 😂

I just hope enough people are left and motivated to log into the test server to give a lot of feedback, find bugs and THEN ACE still has to (hopefully) fix stuff before rolling it out to live.

Guess we see Shadows after the launch of New World, which will once again leave CF with the core crowd that has been around for ages.

I'd argue even the "core" users are slipping away slowly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, TheKasa said:

I'd argue even the "core" users are slipping away slowly

It ain't slow, many long time players have stopped playing. For some, it's probably just taking a break until the next patch, for others it's checking out the New World beta, etc.

Will some of them return for the 'real launch'? Of course but not all.

@ace-tyrant@ACE-TiggsPlease save the game. Thanks

Mac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ACE, if you ran out of ideas for new errors: You could start Shadows first and a day after that a new Dregs. With just enough time for all major guilds to get one foot into Shadows. Start the Dregs unannounced. Everyone loves a good surprise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MacDeath said:

It ain't slow, many long time players have stopped playing. For some, it's probably just taking a break until the next patch, for others it's checking out the New World beta, etc.

Will some of them return for the 'real launch'? Of course but not all.

@ace-tyrant@ACE-TiggsPlease save the game. Thanks

Something tells me the 'real launch' is already here! 
We'll see how the next few weeks go sadly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TheKasa said:

Something tells me the 'real launch' is already here! 
We'll see how the next few weeks go sadly

Nope, what we got on July 6 was the 'soft launch' without any marketing / advertising. The patch that Tyrant expects to get to Test server this week will support the 'real launch' when it's promoted to Live. 

Mac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...