Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Founders' Update: Welcoming New Crows

9 hours ago, Deeks_Gaming said:

Until they show that they're actually concerned about the player base as a whole and will take objective feedback to make the game good I'm just going to operate assuming the game will continue to crash and burn.

I have no reason at the moment to not believe they are taking our feed back to make the game good. I also don't feel like this game is on a path of crashing and burning, so far they have made a big post to take our feedback, they have given us 2 "dev blogs", and we are suppose to be receiving a fairly large update which is including something the whole community has been harping about (FvF). Sounds like you are just being the average MMO doomsayer at this point lol...

9 hours ago, MacDeath said:

The slow pace on needed changes is baffling. They expect to get FvF up in a patch on the TEST server this week. Lets assume they can pull that off, it will be another week or 2 before it's likely to be promoted to Live, This is a key game feature that should have been part of Live Launch and we may see it on Live a month post launch best case.

Is there no sense of urgency at ACE?

Well I doubt they would release the FvF while the GvG dregs is still going. So that makes sense.

The game released weeks ago and they have DRASTICALLY improved performance in large scale PvP, I've been in multiple sieges now, and we are light years ahead of the first one. No more slide show, sure frames aren't the best but it's improving. Those performance changes needed to happen before FvF was implemented.

Like it or not GvG was likely a testing ground for FvF, they needed to iron out performance issues in these capped zones with huge fights going on. The reality is ACE isn't a giant game developer. Implementing FvF isn't just like flicking a light switch.

15 minutes ago, Cirka said:

I have no reason at the moment to not believe they are taking our feed back to make the game good. I also don't feel like this game is on a path of crashing and burning, so far they have made a big post to take our feedback, they have given us 2 "dev blogs", and we are suppose to be receiving a fairly large update which is including something the whole community has been harping about (FvF). Sounds like you are just being the average MMO doomsayer at this point lol...

At this point, the only issue that has been addressed is the incoming FvF, and you can look at any metrics available to see that the game has been a resounding failure to this point.

As far as the devs not taking our feedback...  That's just a observation considering most of the same issues that exist have been brought up countless times over the past couple years.  And have still not been addressed and (again) were not even mentioned in these dev blogs. #fixyourcustardingchat

14 hours ago, Arkade said:

Good to hear that the Shadow is coming. Very much needed for smaller guilds and solo, small group players.

I totally disagree... I think its only going to enforce "zerging" that much more, there needs to be added loops to the game play. In the form of competitive 5s, 10s, ect. 

As well as engaging PvE... I don't know why that since the game is PVP focused means the PvE is literally dumbed down to the point that I would rather stand in the line at the DMV, but they need to fix it badly.

26 minutes ago, Sirktivo said:

As well as engaging PvE... I don't know why that since the game is PVP focused means the PvE is literally dumbed down to the point that I would rather stand in the line at the DMV, but they need to fix it badly.

Fighting against people tends to be more fun that fighting an AI.

But say there was a challenging AI in the game, what would they be doing? Perhaps some large creature that is roaming through, where if you kill it some resources come out? So the monster will be randomly fighting the people trying to kill it, while the different factions/groups also fight each other during the battle and once it's down to collect on the resources?

3 hours ago, MacDeath said:

Nope, what we got on July 6 was the 'soft launch' without any marketing / advertising. The patch that Tyrant expects to get to Test server this week will support the 'real launch' when it's promoted to Live. 

Not sure if thats a good thing or not

3 hours ago, Deeks_Gaming said:

At this point, the only issue that has been addressed is the incoming FvF, and you can look at any metrics available to see that the game has been a resounding failure to this point.

As far as the devs not taking our feedback...  That's just a observation considering most of the same issues that exist have been brought up countless times over the past couple years.  And have still not been addressed and (again) were not even mentioned in these dev blogs. #fixyourcustardingchat

You mean like the metrics of capping zones from siege population. People can whine about population metrics all they want, but it seems that the devs got even more people than they expected. Buncha Negative Nancy's.

6 hours ago, GillyGumbo said:

You mean like the metrics of capping zones from siege population. People can whine about population metrics all they want, but it seems that the devs got even more people than they expected. Buncha Negative Nancy's.

No, he means the player data stream the game provided until ACE shut it off recently.