Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Speed Hacking


Recommended Posts

Greetings!

Does anbody know if PPL actively use Speed Hacks in this Game?

Because i was with a friend in Dregs. And we literally got outrunned from some Guys without being on a Mount.
We were on fast Mounts.

Is that even possible? We were legit running in a straight line away from them. (Was a Cleric who dismounted me)

Thank you for ur help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BlackfeatherCo said:

I haven't seen a speed hack but i have seen players moving oddly. Like a stutter while they move around. Maybe this is connected in some way to a speed hack? Not sure.

I play with a friend who lives in New Zealand and it's an issue with lag on the server whenever we're playing on US East/West, unfortunately.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, seventhbeacon said:

I play with a friend who lives in New Zealand and it's an issue with lag on the server whenever we're playing on US East/West, unfortunately.

Do you think it's an advantage to lag in Crowfall? Because if so, I could see people intentionally making themselves lag with lag switches so they stutter around all over the place to make their movements and abilities unpredictable.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are skills that increase movement speed, in combat and out.  Not saying this has to be it, there could be cheats sadly, but there are also skills that allow movement as fast as standard mounts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People can move pretty quickly without mounts if they are using Song of Speed, or Pursuit, or a few other things. If you are unfamiliar with these powers, it could be as simple as that.

If you suspect a speed hack, the best thing to do is to record it and email support@crowfall.com

IhhQKY6.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The chase was longer then 20sec. I would find it rather strange that they could keep up for straight 20sec. I looked up various Buffs but only found the 100% Mov Speed Boost InCombat for 2sec (with sth like 30sec CD). But even with this Buff, a Cleric cant Jump, Speed Buff for such a long Time, correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, macavity said:

Do you think it's an advantage to lag in Crowfall? Because if so, I could see people intentionally making themselves lag with lag switches so they stutter around all over the place to make their movements and abilities unpredictable.

Lag hurts the person lagging, not the people trying to attack them. The stutter also wasn't THAT wild, it was mostly visible while moving in one direction on foot or mounted. It was definitely noticeable though.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, seventhbeacon said:

Lag hurts the person lagging, not the people trying to attack them.

Oh okay, I guess it's not a big problem then. Some posts here made me think that it was the other way around.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, FreaQiiMM said:

The chase was longer then 20sec. I would find it rather strange that they could keep up for straight 20sec. I looked up various Buffs but only found the 100% Mov Speed Boost InCombat for 2sec (with sth like 30sec CD). But even with this Buff, a Cleric cant Jump, Speed Buff for such a long Time, correct?

Using song twisting with song of speed (skills found on music school disciplines) results in a 40% out of combat speed run speed buff for the user and their party. Doing so requires the user to use up at least three hotbar slots for songs, at a cost of at least one major and one minor discipline.

Both versions of the speed song specifically buff out of combat run speed and stealth run speed heavily (and to a lesser extent in combat run speed) and because players can remain out of combat while using dodges this allows players to gain additional ground using dodges while under this effect, making keeping pace with, and over distance catching up to players using standard mounts achievable for a party under these effects. Depending on terrain and movement (mounts slow down when jumping, but players on foot do not) this can also result in players utilizing this song buff catching up with riders on swift mounts if the mounted players make too many mistakes in their movement.

This is 5% faster than a normal mount, but slower than a swift mount, and can be maintained indefinitely like all songs. You can use the knight's movement speed aura, mount speed food, upgrade your mount to a swift mount with scrolls found on certain powerful enemies, or a combination of mount speed buffs to push your mount bast the normal mount run speed.

Edited by PopeUrban
Edited last paragraph a little for clarity.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you suspect someone is using a speedhack, please contact support@crowfall.com . 

Also, as mentioned in this thread, there's a known issue where players with high server latency can appear to be stuttering / skipping forward on the observer's client.   We're working to resolve this issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mdonley said:

If you suspect someone is using a speedhack, please contact support@crowfall.com . 

Also, as mentioned in this thread, there's a known issue where players with high server latency can appear to be stuttering / skipping forward on the observer's client.   We're working to resolve this issue.

Damn, fast response from the devs. Respect.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Using song twisting with song of speed (skills found on music school disciplines) results in a 40% out of combat speed run speed buff for the user and their party. Doing so requires the user to use up at least three hotbar slots for songs, at a cost of at least one major and one minor discipline.

Both versions of the speed song specifically buff out of combat run speed, and because players can remain out of combat while using dodges this allows players to gain additional ground using dodges while under this effect, making keeping pace with, and over distance catching up to players using standard mounts achievable for a party under these effects.

This is 5% faster than a normal mount, but slower than a swift mount, and can be maintained indefinitely like all songs, of you are using no other mount speed buffs. You can use the knight's movement speed aura, mount speed food, upgrade your mount to a swift mount with scrolls found on certain powerful enemies, or a combination of mount speed buffs to push your mount bast the normal mount run speed.

Thank you very much for sharing this information! Kinda helps to understand that indeed it is possible to achieve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FreaQiiMM said:

Thank you very much for sharing this information! Kinda helps to understand that indeed it is possible to achieve.

Yeah sorry I was going to add the tooltip from the buff and a screenshot of what the particle effect for the aura looks like but servers just went to maintenance so I can't log in to screencap. Any promotion with access to the music domain can build a character to run this buff for their party, and it is a pretty common support ability you should learn to recognize the visual effect for :)

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

music domain -> song of speed plus some music major like a troubadour (gives 2 more songs)

 

then twisting song of speed

twisting mean you cast 3 different songs in a row and 4-th cast will be twisted. check out how much outcombat speed it gives. so it is almost the same speed as a fast mount but you also able to use dodge rolls and other gap closers during this.

there are some other options to increase movement speed.

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah, I run people down pretty regularly using twisted song of speed, anything with a 20m dodge has almost exactly the same travel speed as a swift mount if they use dodge on cooldown, any other mobility abilities can help close that gap (guineceans can easily overtake fast mounts with song of speed using both dodge and tunnel). plus chasers always have an advantage. any variation from a straight line gives them a chance to catch up

Edited by el_boleo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 4:49 AM, FreaQiiMM said:

Greetings!

Does anbody know if PPL actively use Speed Hacks in this Game?

Because i was with a friend in Dregs. And we literally got outrunned from some Guys without being on a Mount.
We were on fast Mounts.

Is that even possible? We were legit running in a straight line away from them. (Was a Cleric who dismounted me)

Thank you for ur help.

 

The CF game backend servers validate info about player movement and behavior, unlike Korean-based MMO's which don't do that sort of validation - so hacking of the client application is prolific. That being said, players or more likely to get a soft-ban on CF for suspected behavior abnormalities than ever see a real speedhacker in Crowfall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

well ... reason I posted it here is because he's still doing it now and no one seems to be stopping him so yea... 

Edited by Arathas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...