Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aowin

Kickstarter And Eu?

Hello, I have been wondering for a while now if European players want to support trough the kickstarter will these items be added to the EU accounts, or will European players just have to play on the NA servers to have the full benefit of what they support for?

Some of the kickstarters say they ship anywhere in the world, but if you go the the Pricing Faq it says its only for NA and there is nothing about this in the Faq of the Kickstarter would like some clarification on this if possible before I start giving money I personaly won't have anything for in return.

Sorry if this has been asked before but can't seem to find any info about this!

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

I think it's been stated that we'll be getting our rewards on NA accounts, can't remember where though.

At the moment though there is not much info about how the EU servers will work. Personally I'm hoping for global servers with different worlds being connected to different areas. That way everyone can play with everyone and we can all have fun and hug murder each other.

Edited by Bombastuss

> http://crowfall.com/#/devtracker > Filter: European =

Anyone who pre-purchases the will be able to play on our servers regardless of territory (i.e. we'll always take care our customers). We think it unlikely that Europe would use a different business model than in North America, but we simply can't guarantee it at this point. As we've said, we want to do all the English-speaking territories at a minimum, and would like to do the rest of Europe also, but that may not be something we can pull off. What we will promise is that we will be transparent about what we are doing in other territories as soon as we can be!

USA/Canada/UK/Ireland/Australia/New Zealand are the primary English territories.

Having worked on multiple titles that were shipped internationally, my number one concern is great, localized customer service. Only territories with enough critical mass typically get localization of the game and of the service (typically this means 20k+ ongoing players for a title like ours, many more a title that heavy on text and/or voiceover). As you note there are countries in Europe that end up playing in English because there is not enough critical mass of players to fund the localization and localized services.

If we sign up with a partner in Europe, typically that relationship encompasses the entire region. As we've noted before, if we can do Europe directly, we will, but that will be dependent both on the demonstrated European demand and on our funding situation. The rights to Europe for a game like Crowfall could materially contribute to the overall development budget, if we end up needing that.

If you've experienced companies you think serve MMO customers well in Europe from a players point of view, I'd love to hear about them. No need for the horror stories about the bad ones please.

Thank you Phiqu for clearning this up!

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

Global servers won't work well with action combat.

If you want to get EU players and backers on board there have to be EU accounts and servers in France or Germany.

Yeah, granted. I was thinking that the service would be global and that the worlds (campaigns EKs etc) could be regional. That way you can choose to play with people from across the pond if you want to (and there's no hassle if you were to move).

Having worked on multiple titles that were shipped internationally, my number one concern is great, localized customer service. Only territories with enough critical mass typically get localization of the game and of the service (typically this means 20k+ ongoing players for a title like ours, many more a title that heavy on text and/or voiceover). As you note there are countries in Europe that end up playing in English because there is not enough critical mass of players to fund the localization and localized services.

I'm so glad Sweden has mostly gone away from dubbing/localizing. Sure, there's still subtitles on movies and such but I don't think I personally know anyone who would actually need them. 

Edited by Bombastuss

I'm so glad Sweden has mostly gone away from dubbing/localizing. Sure, there's still subtitles on movies and such but I don't think I personally know anyone who would actually need them. 

Same for Belgium Love it that we aint dubbing/Localizing anymore, all I care about is a good server based in the UK where we European ppl can play on without latency issues

Well if the do setup servers in UK/NE/GE i wouldn't be to concerned.

It don't really care for localization. Let them focus on getting everything done and setup English servers and then at a later point if they still have a large userbase, who aren't playing because its not in their native language, they could spend resources on that.

143R3yh.gif

I think the most of us non native English players don't care about the localization. More important is the thing with the ping / connection to the server.

+1

I am not going to play or pay for an action combat based game with a ping of 100+. ESO tried to pull that poorly made socks off and it really didn't turn out well for them.

well i backed the game for 250 dollars tier if those items dont work on EU servers i will change my backing asap.

Devs would really much like to have an awnser for this

aslong as they dont poop on the UK player base, EU peeps are set, just play on thier server.

Edited by Forko

Global servers won't work well with action combat.

If you want to get EU players and backers on board there have to be EU accounts and servers in France or Germany.

nono... not in France pls =/

Frankfurt, Amsterdam or London are the 3 main locations they should look for!

preferably one of the first two :)

All i really care about is that if they would open eu servers/ accounts with or without another publsiher, is that the things we backed for will be still ours; Backing 500 dollar and then not having your items would be dissapointing.

42,000+ unique visitors last week only 53% of visitors are from US/Canada/UK (which means we have a huge overseas following) think they need to take care of eu :)

42,000+ unique visitors last week only 53% of visitors are from US/Canada/UK (which means we have a huge overseas following) think they need to take care of eu :)

well, if ACE ignore this they are shooting themselves in the heads and by doing so ACE will lose alot of following and thats not good for any of us, whitout or whit publisher, it needs to done either way

Edited by Forko

There has to be EU servers i am sure there will be announcement about it in the future, that will be a bridge they will have to cross i guess they kinda know full well all-ready.

Edited by Liryc

I was hoping strech goal for powerful database and servers, allowing connection from EU and US in one server with very good lag time

problem whit that tho is that while NA peeps gets less of a ping = can cast/shoot more arrows or spells faster than us from EU and thats why i think a stretch goal for a EU based mega server would be better.

I'm from Vienna and I can assure you that I don't want any other localization except english. I only care if the server is in europe or not, because otherwise I don't have fun, because a) high latency and b )I can't play with most people because for example: Europe 12PM -> USA 6PM.

But the most troublesome thing is following. We, the "True MMORPG Players" know about Crowfall since maby 3 days or even longer. We are players who only care about experience and not about localization. When Crowfall becomes more popular, like in the next few days or weeks or after Kickstarter project has finished - the Casuals will come. Crying about Crowfall not having the language they prefer. "Crowfall good good, but not hungarian language. I dislike my poo"... So yeah, let's see how ArtCraft will handle this.

Edited by Neverworld