Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aowin

Kickstarter And Eu?

Last thing you should do in EU is let the game in the hands of another publisher. Literally the worst publisher are reunited here, greedy and lazy, that only think of wallet warriors. 

And to be honest you shouldn't care about localization,  A lot of people get mad at mmorpgs updates in Europe because we get these later since they have to locate it for every language, and in the end, everyone will learn later or sooner basic English.

Edited by noctophobia

Last thing you should do in EU is let the game in the hands of another publisher. Literally the worst publisher are reunited here, greedy and lazy, that only think of wallet warriors. 

And to be honest you shouldn't care about localization,  A lot of people get mad at mmorpgs updates in Europe because we get these later since they have to locate it for every language, and in the end, everyone will learn later or sooner basic English.

EA adds microtansitions to game

Crowds rage

EA says "We are sorry that we went too innovative with this game"

Not only that. For example, Frogster/Gameforge, or how I call them since quite several years "Gameworlddestroyer". Frogster has been bought by Gameforge. Every game that Gameforge has in his hands gets sooner or later destroyed, completely. They aren't just greedy, they are simply evil. They don't have any feelings regarding the players. One day they change that you can't purchase the item-shop currency with ingame-gold, next day you can only go join dungeons when you buy items in the item-shop, and they require a massive amount of item shop currency.. and to buy it with ingame-gold has been taken out, so you are forced to invest money. 1 year and a half later, they try to get more money out of the game, even though players leave like water flows out of a hole in a bag. So to get more money, they enable the game to become playable in the browser instead of an client. Attracts more casuals, more money, yay Gameworlddestroyer got more money. Funny thing, the game I am talking about has no Dev Team. The game has been just bought with the licences, so the Publisher is both Publisher and Dev, thus only they get the money.

I bet Blue Hole Studios are pretty disappointed about them because of Tera.

Not only that. For example, Frogster/Gameforge, or how I call them since quite several years "Gameworlddestroyer". Frogster has been bought by Gameforge. Every game that Gameforge has in his hands gets sooner or later destroyed, completely. They aren't just greedy, they are simply evil. They don't have any feelings regarding the players. One day they change that you can't purchase the item-shop currency with ingame-gold, next day you can only go join dungeons when you buy items in the item-shop, and they require a massive amount of item shop currency.. and to buy it with ingame-gold has been taken out, so you are forced to invest money. 1 year and a half later, they try to get more money out of the game, even though players leave like water flows out of a hole in a bag. So to get more money, they enable the game to become playable in the browser instead of an client. Attracts more casuals, more money, yay Gameworlddestroyer got more money. Funny thing, the game I am talking about has no Dev Team. The game has been just bought with the licences, so the Publisher is both Publisher and Dev, thus only they get the money.

I bet Blue Hole Studios are pretty disappointed about them because of Tera.

Gameforge pretty much monopolized f2p games in Europe, and until idiot's will keep buying poorly made socks from their p2w cash shop it won't stop.

Gameforge pretty much monopolized f2p games in Europe, and until idiot's will keep buying poorly made socks from their p2w cash shop it won't stop.

Atleast there are other publishers who aren't destroying a game for money. For example, Aeria Games. I'm playing Aura Kingdom since some months (Because lately there's no ther MMORPG that catches my interest, except Crowfall, but it isn't playable yet) and the things in the item shop have partially a influence on the game, but you can purchase even better things using other currencies that can be achieved ingame without money. I only once spent 5$ to get two mounts, two awesome mounts, for two characters of mine. The third and fourth characters of mine will get a mount from a quest, perhaps also from a dungeon.. if luck doesn't disappoint me, which it does.

Well either way we need it EU and why bring up gameforge if they do f2p that are p2w when crowfall is and will be b2p whit optional sub?

Solution - A big and nice stretchgoal so ARC can do it themselves :)

Well either way we need it EU and why bring up gameforge if they do f2p that are p2w when crowfall is and will be b2p whit optional sub?

Solution - A big and nice stretchgoal so ARC can do it themselves :)

Read the quotes from the FAQ by Phiqu. Even ArtCraft can't say for sure if there will be a different payment system for EU release.

lets start a kickstarter publisher for eu to Crowfall :P

I'm not going to give more money.. I've already pledged 100 Bucks, and that's way more I have. I can only purchase food until next month, I can't afford anything different until then. And even food needs to be priced low. But Crowfall is worth it.. or I hope so.

Edited by Neverworld

Lets not forget Prosiebensat.1 who had all SOEs titles in EU. I dont think they had any clue what customer support meant nor how to actually run the games they had acquired. 

143R3yh.gif

Read the quotes from the FAQ by Phiqu. Even ArtCraft can't say for sure if there will be a different payment system for EU release.

Why in the world would there be a diffrent payment system? makes ZERO sence and if they do, me and alot of others that like the current model would move away from the game and play something else. Well thats me.

EU servers are 100% a must. You can't play properly from EU -> US with 120-150 ping with action combat.

Also, I would definitely hope that all EU people get to keep their accounts and KS stuff when the EU servers come up. If not, that would be extremely sleazy.

7ug90hM.png

Why in the world would there be a diffrent payment system? makes ZERO sence and if they do, me and alot of others that like the current model would move away from the game and play something else. Well thats me.

"taxes"

Lets not forget Prosiebensat.1 who had all SOEs titles in EU. I dont think they had any clue what customer support meant nor how to actually run the games they had acquired. 

True.. so true.. it made me sad because I really wanted to play Landmark in EU after release, but they can't even start a PC, how are they supposed to offer a great playerbase what it needs and wants?

I've played Landmark for about two weeks on US server. Created a home built underground, yet made of ice. Three different levels, with decorations and so on.. I loved to build it, but I won't play it again until its release, because I don't want my work going to be erased again for nothing but a damn 7-days restriction.

EU servers are 100% a must. You can't play properly from EU -> US with 120-150 ping with action combat.

Also, I would definitely hope that all EU people get to keep their accounts and KS stuff when the EU servers come up. If not, that would be extremely sleazy.

They will, read on the first page. Phiqu quoted from the FAQ on KS. There will be a EU version, but problem is about localization being not fleshed out if or if they can make it a thing.

There could be a P2P instead of B2P, so instead to buy one time and play forever, you pay a monthly fee. It's not that bad.

Edited by Neverworld

Taxes aren't an argument for this as there are ways to circumvent them (and some game companies actively use them). I think you guys are chasing ghosts for now as we are way WAY to early to talk about this due to the lack of information. That's something that ArtCraft might come needing to measure up once the kickstarter is done and they know how their financial situation actually is.

Regarding KS rewards and EU accounts: If you are going to have regional divided accounts properly assigning those to the backers is a must if you want to keep us in good faith. But again, way to early to properly talk about it.

I'd really like to back this up and I'm pretty confindent EU servers will become available at some point.

I'm from Holland, so I'm giving this backing thing a go nonetheless!

I don't recall a single game supporting our language and I highly doubt fellow countrymen would care about that, so no extra work there :D

Global servers won't work well with action combat.

If you want to get EU players and backers on board there have to be EU accounts and servers in France or Germany.

Why France? Germany is also iffy. Most games run their EU servers in Nederlands.

Well if I don't know how Artcraft will handle EU release then I'll just retrieve my pledge, can't stand "maybe this or maybe that" anymore.

Can you atleast stand to read what people write? There will be an EU release, but the only problem is about getting all languages like german or spanish.

problem whit that tho is that while NA peeps gets less of a ping = can cast/shoot more arrows or spells faster than us from EU and thats why i think a stretch goal for a EU based mega server would be better.

I am hoping at bare minimum they have east coast servers.  East coast servers at least gives most of our European counterparts some decent ping for global playing.  Our guild is Multi National and we always play an east coast server when available, 

I think most Game companies forget about any place other then west coast for servers.  I ping 190+ to west coast and our European brothers are normally around 350+ ping.  When we play on east coast, say Georgia ( I am still along way from Georgia in Maine) my ping is normally 125 or so and so is the west coast guys.  Our European brothers come in at 175.  So, East coast servers, although not perfect, seem to do better overall for a multi national game. 

I think our Asian Brothers are screwed whether server is on east or west coast.

Can you atleast stand to read what people write? There will be an EU release, but the only problem is about getting all languages like german or spanish.

Never understood why that's a problem.. then again, in my country there's never been any dubbing or things like that. And no, ours is not an english epasking country.

The payment model they choose in Europe in unfortunately crucial information. I expect most of the EU backers assumed the same model as for NA. Guess I'm a bit dissapointed, if they go and change it. Especially, if they do so with a language excuse..