Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your game died

2 hours ago, Stormcrow said:

Game is still in a soft launch. 

This means they aren't actively advertising. It's not available on STEAM.   Etc.

Panic is not a virtue.

Lol delusional aren't you. They never said this was a soft launch. This was their one and only official launch. The game is dead and buried already. Hell they only had a small fraction of people who already bought the game (backers) with free VIP time log in and actually play it. But cling to that delusion that is going to suddenly get better when it launches for real (which is already did). You can denote it as whatever you want, but the best population this game ever had, and will have, was the first days of launch...you know when it couldn't muster over 4k people online lol. Anyone but the most devoted delusional fanboi has moved over to a game that actually functions, and has a great population in closed beta...New World.

3 hours ago, Stormcrow said:

Game is still in a soft launch. 

This means they aren't actively advertising. It's not available on STEAM.   Etc.

Panic is not a virtue.

If they advertise this hot mess on steam they will be slaughtered by bad reviews. From performance to class balance the game is a pile of garbage. 

2 hours ago, raagnar said:

Lol delusional aren't you. They never said this was a soft launch. This was their one and only official launch. The game is dead and buried already. Hell they only had a small fraction of people who already bought the game (backers) with free VIP time log in and actually play it. But cling to that delusion that is going to suddenly get better when it launches for real (which is already did). You can denote it as whatever you want, but the best population this game ever had, and will have, was the first days of launch...you know when it couldn't muster over 4k people online lol. Anyone but the most devoted delusional fanboi has moved over to a game that actually functions, and has a great population in closed beta...New World.

Screencapped this for posterity, lol. Granted, if you're proven wrong you'll either disappear forever anyway or refuse to admit you were wrong. Dunning-Kruger! And I'm avoiding New World because we know they are going full on P2W. Don't trust Amazon not to ruin anything they touch given enough time! Better to wait for Ashes of Creation, imo.

2 hours ago, raagnar said:

They (ACE) have been calling it a soft launch since 2018, and they said it again and again over the years. 

As for NW, EVERY game sees an influx of players for Closed Beta and an even bigger influx for Open Beta, will most of them stay in NW longer than a month? Probably not. Modern MMOers are like locusts, they eat up the content and move on.

Mac

He's not entirely wrong.  The FIRST impression is always the most important/remembered.  The overwhelming MAJORITY of players were thrown into one of the worst concocted tutorials I have EVER seen in an MMO.  Then absolutely ZERO realm attachment, no mention of the gods to choose from, the ability to just "bounce" between factions on a whim, and then some insane "world" select screen that is more confusing to a new player than the rest of it.

You have NO bio's, NO realm pride, NO 24/7 keeps to attack, a map that has keeps littered all over the place with no rhyme or reason, no choke points, no dungeons, insane discipline rune/construction, insane harvesting, that is all blanketed around a "pvp niche" product.

This is NOT setup for pvp.  Its a farming/crafting simulator right now that encourages ZERG mentality, ZERO pride to your realm, and locked timers with the most confusing map iv'e ever seen in an MMO to date.

Fixes?

1.  Make 3 maps /bios with 24/7 attackable keeps/forts.  Each fort holds a Gods statue, by holding the keep(s) the REALM gets the bonuses/extra gold drops/items increase/harvesting etc.

2.  Remove the world select screen, and make it ONE big open world after you leave (noob island gods reach). (dregs the exception)

3.  Get rid of the 3d map, (its janky, slow, confusing, and just poor looking), make a basic 2d map for quick access and make it paint-brush art style like the rest of the art.

4.  CAP guilds to 50 max, no matter WHAT server whether dregs or shadow(faction vs faction)  Alliances TAKE FRIENDLY FIRE (AOE ect)

5.  Stop making us remove/add disciplines for crafting/slotting, its annoying and its almost as bad as the banking features.

Do ANY of this and you WILL get players back.  I love the art, I love the combat, love the classes and ideas..but this guys not wrong, its confusing beyond anything and this is why the "new" players left. I cant blame them.

Wrain

Edited by Wrain

Your title is a click bait.

I'm here to increase my post counter.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

56 minutes ago, seventhbeacon said:

Screencapped this for posterity, lol. Granted, if you're proven wrong you'll either disappear forever anyway or refuse to admit you were wrong. Dunning-Kruger! And I'm avoiding New World because we know they are going full on P2W. Don't trust Amazon not to ruin anything they touch given enough time! Better to wait for Ashes of Creation, imo.

I'm already gone. Still have 6 or 8 months of VIP time waiting on my account. Yet Crowfall is uninstalled and New World thus far is fun and everything Crowfall is not. IE well made, runs well, has actual thought behind its systems, and *gasp* something ACE promised in their kickstarter Faction v Faction warfare and they have it now. Theyalso have over 200k people in the beta the vast majority of which already bought the game. They have more people in their current beta playing than Crowfall has ever had log into the game in all phases combined at this point. You are right about one thing, I likely won't be returning to these forums to see what the hell happens to this game. Though Forumbane is more of the game here than the actual game.

1 hour ago, MacDeath said:

They (ACE) have been calling it a soft launch since 2018, and they said it again and again over the years. 

When was the last time they used "soft launch," 2018? I'm curious what the difference would be between soft and actual launch at this point.

1 hour ago, MacDeath said:

As for NW, EVERY game sees an influx of players for Closed Beta and an even bigger influx for Open Beta, will most of them stay in NW longer than a month? Probably not. Modern MMOers are like locusts, they eat up the content and move on.

Every game except Crowfall...

5 minutes ago, APE said:

When was the last time they used "soft launch," 2018? I'm curious what the difference would be between soft and actual launch at this point.

Every game except Crowfall...

Even CF had a big influx at the start of Closed Beta last year and an even bigger influx at soft launch, however, most of the players stopped playing after a few days. That player retention issue has been the biggest issue for CF and they haven't addressed it yet.

ACE uses the term 'soft launch' to mean they aren't marketing nor advertising the game. Tyrant said this week that they will advertise when the newest build (expected on Test this week) is promoted to Live.

Edited by MacDeath

Mac

1 hour ago, seventhbeacon said:

New World because we know they are going full on P2W. Don't trust Amazon not to ruin anything they touch given enough time! Better to wait for Ashes of Creation, imo.

NW is now supposed to be only cosmetic with possible convenience options in the future (ex: extra storage). They said nothing that directly influences gameplay, much like ACE said but then went back on. So if NW is P2W then Crowfall is P2Wplus.

1 minute ago, APE said:

NW is now supposed to be only cosmetic with possible convenience options in the future (ex: extra storage). They said nothing that directly influences gameplay, much like ACE said but then went back on. So if NW is P2W then Crowfall is P2Wplus.

At this point Crowfall is WAY more "P2W" than New World. There's VIP membership which gives; free respecs, free level 25 boost, increased vault slots, increased bank slots, less mount decay, less tools decay, increased food duration, ability to make EK public, and priority queue(LOL).

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

6 minutes ago, APE said:

NW is now supposed to be only cosmetic with possible convenience options in the future (ex: extra storage). 

Its become quite popular to make ingame character's look like they are all wearing potato sacks as gear unless one buys one from the store or via RMT in some way. 

Just now, mystafyi said:

Its become quite popular to make ingame character's look like they are all wearing potato sacks as gear unless one buys one from the store or via RMT in some way. 

If it's wear a potato sack or sell advantage, I'll take looking janky. People seem to love to throw money at looking cool. 

8 minutes ago, APE said:

If it's wear a potato sack or sell advantage, I'll take looking janky. People seem to love to throw money at looking cool. 

That and pets. Players just love collecting and owning things in games. People just hate to throw things away in games, hence why selling inventory is always in the mix for every game.

28 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

Even CF had a big influx at the start of Closed Beta last year and an even bigger influx at soft launch, however, most of the players stopped playing after a few days. That player retention issue has been the biggest issue for CF and they haven't addressed it yet.

I've been part of many alpha/betas/launches over the years and this has to be the lowest I've ever seen despite literally 10s of thousands owning and having access to the game.

It's one thing to launch and have lines out the door and then bleed players, it's another for those that actually own the game to not even bother showing up and the few that do aren't even sticking around.

28 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

ACE uses the term 'soft launch' to mean they aren't marketing nor advertising the game. Tyrant said this week that they will advertise when the newest build (expected on Test this week) is promoted to Live.

They used the term years ago, much has changed.

They've marketed and advertised the game for a while.

Social media, youtube ads, twitch HD tournament was a running ad, emails to all that backed/paid/signed up (100s of thousands), game sites giving launch news, interviews this month by JTC calling it launch...

I'm curious what else they would do to advertise to the niche market that some how doesn't know the game exists or "soft" launched? Do all the above but a lot more? Have instagram/tiktok stars pretend they play it?

Players were going to come when pre-alpha update hit, then alpha, then beta, then free invites, then launch, now it's the real launch, then it will be? Goal posts have to hit a wall at some point right.

Edited by APE

16 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

That and pets.

Friendly reminder that Crowfall is meant to have "combat pets" for release, since it was advertised on their Kickstarter.

CPDufSn.png

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

5 hours ago, raagnar said:

Lol delusional aren't you. They never said this was a soft launch.

You are calling people delusional while being entirely uninformed. They announced their soft launch strategy very early on, and explained it in some detail. All you'd have to do is google crowfall soft launch and you'd see numerous articles talking about it as far back as 2016.

IhhQKY6.gif

54 minutes ago, APE said:

Thinking that there is a difference between a "soft launch" and an "actual launch" is a misconception from the start. The soft launch was the actual launch. Soft launch doesn't mean the launch isn't "actual," or that there will be another launch later, it means they ramp up the marketing over time rather than blasting it in one huge push to make as big as splash as possible around the time of launch. Many games do go for that strategy, where its all about launch hype. Soft launch differs from that strategy.

IhhQKY6.gif