Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tray keybinds suck

Aeiyr

On 7/22/2021 at 11:40 AM, Aeiyr said:

As the title says.. Flipping trays feels clunky af. unless there's a keybind for a 'toggle' that I'm not seeing. it breaks up combat flow (what precious little there is with some classes).

This is because tray swapping is not an interrupt like in most games. You can re-bind the keys, but it will still feel "sticky". Players coming from other games will likely feel surprised when their muscle memory for tray-swap-into-next-skill fails due to CC, lag, or just another animation finishing first.

41 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

This is because tray swapping is not an interrupt like in most games. You can re-bind the keys, but it will still feel "sticky". Players coming from other games will likely feel surprised when their muscle memory for tray-swap-into-next-skill fails due to CC, lag, or just another animation finishing first.

I see what you're saying. but either way, requiring two separate keys rather than allowing a same-key toggle adds cluck to a system. 

25 minutes ago, Aeiyr said:

I see what you're saying. but either way, requiring two separate keys rather than allowing a same-key toggle adds cluck to a system. 

Many stealth capable builds have three trays (ranged, melee, stealth)

That's no reason to not have a "cycle trays" button with a selection of trays you want it to cycle though. Just have a UI think with checkboxes that says "cycle through trays" with one checkbox for each tray. Add a "cycle trays" keybind. Have it set up as default to cycle ranged, melee, life, and death trays.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

• 2 weeks later...

Default bindings for tray swapping are just brilliant. This was no doubt designed by the same person who thought that 'y' and 'n' are convenient keys for quest dialogue. Almost certainly not an gamer.

I just switched them to u and F2, and then used two macros on my mouse. Super easy if your mouse has extra buttons.