Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
anj

What MMO have you played last or what MMO are you currently playing?

Hello!

This is actually my first post here. I'm wondering what MMOs you guys are currently playing or have last played.

I'm currently playing Archeage on the Kyrios server.

Cheers!

I regularly play Wizard 101; been there for almost 6 years. Wizzie was my first video game, and I've learned to love the MMO environment by living in the Spiral. I have 4 level capped wizards and 4 in-progress wizards across 2 accounts. 

Occasional:

Pirate 101; I was an alpha tester and quickly fell in love with the chess-esque strategy. 

Tera with my eldest kidlet. I'd probably enjoy game-play more if I'd use a mouse, lol. 

Steam games: Skyrim; Civiliation series with elder kidlet.

Beta tested Elder Scrolls Online, still not sure I want to commit to the cost. 

Minecraft with kidlet junior. 

Console (Wii U): Assassin's Creed, Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Bros.

I'm amazed that I've come to love gaming, as I never was interested at all in my first youth :D

Warmest Regards,

Iridian

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

I have played a lot of mmo like darkfall, played eso, and occasionally wizard101. However, I quit wiz because got tired of the pigheaded nature of some of the pvp community cause its the case of "you think your good, but you aren't."

The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.

I regularly play Wizard 101; been there for almost 6 years. Wizzie was my first video game, and I've learned to love the MMO environment by living in the Spiral. I have 4 level capped wizards and 4 in-progress wizards across 2 accounts. 

Occasional:

Pirate 101; I was an alpha tester and quickly fell in love with the chess-esque strategy. 

Tera with my eldest kidlet. I'd probably enjoy game-play more if I'd use a mouse, lol. 

Steam games: Skyrim; Civiliation series with elder kidlet.

Beta tested Elder Scrolls Online, still not sure I want to commit to the cost. 

Minecraft with kidlet junior. 

Console (Wii U): Assassin's Creed, Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Bros.

I'm amazed that I've come to love gaming, as I never was interested at all in my first youth :D

Warmest Regards,

Iridian

Ah, that's great!

Wizard101, I guess there are a lot of people coming from there with the developer being from there as well. If I recall it's pointed to a more younger audience right?

Archeage, alas, I put months of excientment and hype into waiting for it's release I was so happy to think "Finally, a sandbox game with open pvp!"  I purchased the Archeum Founders pack literally within 3 minutes of them becoming available, I just waited, playing league day in and day out, not wanting to emerse myself into another mmo world, so as to not "ruin my appetite".   I wake up the day of, my group is ready and waiting, we're all on vent aside from a few members that couldn't be there for the luanch.  What we were met with was a gaggle of poorly handled situations, and bad decisons, one after another.   It seemed a daily occurence that some new game breaking bug, or some malfunction plagued Trion's first month, and it only got worse with the hacking as the game progressed. 

My days of late have been rather boring, it's even come to the point where I was thinking about reactivating my WoW account.  Just replaying old single player games, like warhammer and x-com, while waiting for something to pop up.

And popped up it has.   Don't dissapoint me.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

Archeage, alas, I put months of excientment and hype into waiting for it's release I was so happy to think "Finally, a sandbox game with open pvp!"  I purchased the Archeum Founders pack literally within 3 minutes of them becoming available, I just waited, playing league day in and day out, not wanting to emerse myself into another mmo world, so as to not "ruin my appetite".   I wake up the day of, my group is ready and waiting, we're all on vent aside from a few members that couldn't be there for the luanch.  What we were met with was a gaggle of poorly handled situations, and bad decisons, one after another.   It seemed a daily occurence that some new game breaking bug, or some malfunction plagued Trion's first month, and it only got worse with the hacking as the game progressed. 

My days of late have been rather boring, it's even come to the point where I was thinking about reactivating my WoW account.  Just replaying old single player games, like warhammer and x-com, while waiting for something to pop up.

And popped up it has.   Don't dissapoint me.

Yup, it has been poorly managed. The game is amazing, but it's PvD(Player versus Developers). Trion has no idea on the inner workings of the game they're hosting so they've been bringing in all the crud from Korea which is p2w. A lot of people quit on the basis of this, so population has been declining.

I'm still playing it on the hope it gets better or until a new MMO comes out that blows my mind. (Hopefully this one, but who knows?)

Ah, that's great!

r Dragon

Wizard101, I guess there are a lot of people coming from there with the developer being from there as well. If I recall it's pointed to a more younger audience right?

Content is geared toward a young audience until around level 50. After level 50, the kidlet set wanes and is replaced by older teens and adults. Content is increasingly challenging at higher levels, so the players in, say, Darkmoor (level 100) are a much more sophisticated set than those in, say, Mooshu (level 30--40s).

I't's a very interesting environment, the Spiral, due to the mixed ages and player-types. We are an eclectic lot. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Currently WoW, (Again). 

Here's the list of MMO's I've played. Some casual, some hardcore. Some pvp focused, some pve. The best games were the ones with the best community. 

Trade Wars (Played on a local BBS) Oh 1994. Things were so much simpler. 

Ultima Online

AC

EQ

DAoC

FF11 

AC2 

EQ2 

WoW

FF 14 ( First version )  

FF 14 (Current Version)

AOC 

Aion 

Rift 

Atlantica Online 

CoH 

Dragon Nest 

DDO 

EVE 

TESO 

GW2 

PSO2

SWG

SWTOR

Warhammer

I'm playing ESO.  I think that the combat is fun, and the character creation is really fun with meaningful decisions.  My lastest obsession has been a 2h/bow DK regen build.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Shadowbane was my first MMO and I played pretty much all of the mainstream MMOs that have been released since then. My most recent MMO other than SBEmulator was ESO. I loved the game in Beta.

I paid a 6 month sub hoping to see some improvement in the client but it seemed like every update and patch just introduced more problems.

The PVP in Cyrodiil was fun in the beginning, huge fights in a AvAvA environment but soon after most players leveled up and got their AoEs it put a huge burden on the server and caused lag, random disconnects, Client crashing etc. While all of these problems are sure to be present  in some capacity, these problems got worse and worse and it was apparent that the dev's didn't know how to fix the problems without causing other problems or make things worse.

I may try back if they are able fix their game, that is if they dont go to P2P.

I mostly play Wizard101! Ahh I remember when I joined, haven't been there long, just a year, I'm at the level cap an am working at getting another char there as well! I also sometimes play Pirate101, I'm a noob without membership though. :3 Looking for something to go along with wiz! :D 

I say to you: the Hunger is not your enemy. Your enemy walks among you, charming and handsome, with a tongue full of lies.

My main game is wildstar, followed by some WoW and FFXiV. I played archeage for a while but got bored since I was playing alone and MMO's are no fun to solo.

Recently I've been spending my time playing an emulated version of Phantasy Star Online BB on the ultima server. Every time I play it I can't help but feel that team sonic were true visionaries for their time.