Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Faction vs. Faction is being added, time to trash talk

It's official, 7.0 is adding FvF back into the game. Lets get started on faction trash talk and drama now.

I'd just love to say that suns and earth's have no skill and are just smoothbrain servers who rely on numbers for sky point. Furthermore, the lore behind those two factions is weak, who cares about "justice" or "life" when you can be in the edgelord faction with secrets and death and other metal stuff? Not me, that's who.

I'd like to know why, with free faction selection and a guarantee of everyone in the faction getting rewards for winning anyone would do anything but bandwagon on to the winning faction.

This is exactly how it played out in alpha anyway.

Now all that remains is which of the three factions will be knows as "the one you pick to win with zero effort"

Edited by PopeUrban

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

3 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

I'd like to know why, with free faction selection and a guarantee of everyone in the faction getting rewards for winning anyone would do anything but bandwagon on to the winning faction.

Now all that remains is which of the three factions will be knows as "the one you pick to win with zero effort"

After OP's post, I imagine everyone will choose the edgy faction now.

1 minute ago, PopeUrban said:

I think your suggestion about upkeep/maintenance for controlling keeps/forts/etc would be a good way to keep this kind of leechy gameplay out of CF or at least reduce it.

Just now, Jubileet said:

After OP's post, I imagine everyone will choose the edgy faction now.

Depends, the "default" for guild gods is a sun god, so it may be sun.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

Just now, Lightsig said:

I think your suggestion about upkeep/maintenance for controlling keeps/forts/etc would be a good way to keep this kind of leechy gameplay out of CF or at least reduce it.

Vote me for faction campaign designer I need a job.

19 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

They could do something like locking players, guilds, alliances into a faction for X amount of time, X number of campaigns, or something of the sort so players can't freely swap or bandwagon as easily. Could also limit rewards or scale them by how long someone was part of a particular faction and in a campaign. Plenty things they could do but will they are can they is the question.

14 minutes ago, APE said:

They could do something like locking players, guilds, alliances into a faction for X amount of time, X number of campaigns, or something of the sort so players can't freely swap or bandwagon as easily. Could also limit rewards or scale them by how long someone was part of a particular faction and in a campaign. Plenty things they could do but will they are can they is the question.

the thing is even with cooldowns you'll see that bandwagon pattern emerge over time. sun wins a campaign? poorly made dergsloads of people who CAN change will change to sun, sun wins harder next campaign, repeat.

11 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

the thing is even with cooldowns you'll see that bandwagon pattern emerge over time. sun wins a campaign? poorly made dergsloads of people who CAN change will change to sun, sun wins harder next campaign, repeat.

Without some form of faction lock it doesn't seem avoidable. Other games have tried buffs/rewards for joining losing sides but if the rewards are predetermined and people know how to game the system, is what it is. People will get bored and actually challenge themselves or move on to something that doesn't allow such things. Similar to Hunger Dome and allowing folks from the same guild/alliance to join in multiple groups. Not exactly setting up a fair competitive format.

48 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

I didn't know victories were preordained.

How very 2020.

tumblr_opi65cphh71v5mc1xo1_400.png

Just now, APE said:

Without some form of faction lock it doesn't seem avoidable. Other games have tried buffs/rewards for joining losing sides but if the rewards are predetermined and people know how to game the system, is what it is. People will get bored and actually challenge themselves or move on to something that doesn't allow such things. Similar to Hunger Dome and allowing folks from the same guild/alliance to join in multiple groups. Not exactly setting up a fair competitive format.

Faction lock should be implemented. No-brainer.

Just now, Stormcrow said:

I didn't know victories were preordained.

How very 2020.

Why would you expect a different outcome than the last time we ran the same system with even less rewards for years?

Just now, PopeUrban said:

Why would you expect a different outcome than the last time we ran the same system with even less rewards for years?

I suppose because rules sets are easily editable.

EDIT: Oh, and I'll never join the "we win easy" faction. There's that.

Edited by Stormcrow

That's kinda my point. The existing ruleset is what led to this problem before and it is destined to repeat itself as long as people are free to choose a faction based on mostly the same people in the last campaign.

This is why letting people pick their faction didn't work before and it won't work now.

Yet they haven't stepped outside a few options in the last 6 years. IMO the number one strength of this game is the variety of campaigns they could offer and they have given almost no effort in doing so.

Just now, APE said:

Yet they haven't stepped outside a few options in the last 6 years. IMO the number one strength of this game is the variety of campaigns they could offer and they have given almost no effort in doing so.

Hopefully it's go-time then.

4 minutes ago, Stormcrow said:

Hopefully it's go-time then.

"Experimental rulesets" are on the mid term roadmap but that could be months or years at this point. As some claim, they don't have a huge team or a lot of resources so priorities. NPE, performance, balance, bugs, handshake siege, factions, free building, rulesets, expanded character building... can only do so much so quickly. For those following along at home, ACE isn't exactly churning out updates and content non stop. With the possibility they are working on other products already, could even be slower paced.

8 minutes ago, APE said:

Yet they haven't stepped outside a few options in the last 6 years.

Watching the last year or so of Q&A's I would hazard to say they havent stepped outside their house in at least a year.

19 minutes ago, Stormcrow said:

EDIT: Oh, and I'll never join the "we win easy" faction. There's that.

There is a lot to be said for a target rich environment. we did it a couple times just for ganking, and its a good move if you don't care about the campaign rewards.