Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Narey (AUS) - So many guilds

I'm shocked at so many guilds have such large aussie members, surely they arent just using Narey to free-farm rewards :rolleyes:

CR64CQY.pngF9CpRfJ.png

17 hours ago, Tyrant said:

The Dregs game mode needs a few thousand level 25+ accounts that play in the campaign

2 hours ago, Exiled said:

I'm shocked at so many guilds have such large aussie members, surely they arent just using Narey to free-farm rewards :rolleyes:

CR64CQY.pngF9CpRfJ.png

Given alot of these guilds aren't Aussie only; and given I'd expect everyones cotton onto the fact the systems broken they are trying to reward farm... BUT none have worked out the rewards are a package for just the guild not everyone in the guild; so if the leaders don't understand that they'll just walk off with the loot

2 hours ago, swiggityswootie said:

Good to know that ontop of being able to steamroll their own campaigns, they can now steamroll multiple campaigns and get exclusive rewards from each. 

Didnt want ya'll to feel left out from the game loop.

Pretty much, aint the Castle timers different for the aussie servers, so they could have players defend the US West, then when the timers for the aussie one comes around they can also defend that.

It is crazy that a 6 day campaign yields the same rewards as a 30 day campaign, plus they could be distributed and used for the last 3 days of the US campaigns. I don't blame guilds going over there to farm it because that is a HUGE oversight. Why not do it if you can just get the same/better rewards for 6 days of work, and essentially double down on it by also getting it in US? /facepalm

I feel the damage will have been done by the time this is all over but I'd hope moving forward ACE does make a change.

I might recommend tieing a guild to a campaign. 

If your banner is represented in a campaign it can't be represented in another campaign. 

The user under the banner can move in and out of the campaign to gods reach but are also tied to that campaign.

Alternatively to the sentence above, a user can move freely out of campaign to another campaign but his banner is still tied to whatever campaign the guild is tied to.

If a banner is removed from the campaign to join another campaign it forfeits all of its gained points. If a guild returns to the same campaign they do not retain their points. 

This would only work in guild vs guild, I think with faction vs faction there needs to be an internal cooldown of 30 days to switch patrons via a guild who has committed to a FvF campaign, this is a sliding scale dependent on the campaign in question and its duration. A character tied to a faction in a campaign also suffers the same cooldown for personal faction swapping. They have to commit to that deity for the length of the campaign. 

I really hope a system is put into play before the FvF comes out. Otherwise as many have mentioned the coattailing faction swap will happen.

This isn't a perfect solution because, lets be honest, people will find a way around it. Like splitting the mega into mini megas then combining rewards...but that still splits the force. Or people go with multiple accounts because they gotta get dem pixels.

Naysayers and snide remarks aside, I'm still appreciative of the game and what it has available to it. 

Edited by alexlaw

MMO Gaming since 99 - If you want good company add me!

[NA] Ghosts of the Revolution |PvX|21+|TS3|Forums|

I really don't think that adding aus dregs was all that great of an idea, when siege timers aren't up some areas of us west feel empty and finding any allied players to do stuff with is almost Impossible now.

20 hours ago, Peppercats said:

I really don't think that adding aus dregs was all that great of an idea, when siege timers aren't up some areas of us west feel empty and finding any allied players to do stuff with is almost Impossible now.

The first campaigns end soon. When that happens people can concentrate on fewer choices again, but with greater options.

I'm sure anyone in Oceania is happy AUS servers are a thing.

tumblr_opi65cphh71v5mc1xo1_400.png

I'm not against locking guilds to one campaign per se... but they need to increase server capacities before they implement that. Otherwise you've got a lot of players who can't participate with their guild in its primary campaign AND have nowhere else to go as a result.

On 7/26/2021 at 4:30 PM, alexlaw said:

That'd be true the first time around. 

Everyones pushing legendaries now, so you'll be seeing legendary clad people rolling into faction vs faction. Alas, not the point of this thread however.

That's exactly the point, because they will do the same with even less competitive opponents.

Synapse are winning the AU server with a group of about 25 on that server. They just successfully sieged the Executioner Castle.

Executioners fielded excessive numbers, but Synapse seemed to have managed to play a tight game and won out.

Season actually turned out quite exciting. The result is mostly settled, as Synapse are well ahead in the Conquest game now.

Will be interesting to see what drama unfolds after the Zerg guilds start figuring out how to split rewards hundreds of ways...

Should there be a rule that a guild can only compete in a single campaign? What would be the negative ramifications of that? I honestly was looking at the Aussie server yesterday thinking "maybe this is a place my friends and I can start a new guild and not be steam rolled", nope.

**edit** I'm predicting that someone is going to respond with "what's to stop a guild from making a second guild" and I don't think there will ever be anything. I'm just in favor of making these guys jump through more hoops to do so, because that would help the issue we're talking about. It might not solve it entirely, but locking an account to a single dregs might. The work around would then be to pay for another account, which can only help this game lol

Edited by skribbz

12 hours ago, skribbz said:

Should there be a rule that a guild can only compete in a single campaign? What would be the negative ramifications of that? I honestly was looking at the Aussie server yesterday thinking "maybe this is a place my friends and I can start a new guild and not be steam rolled", nope.

**edit** I'm predicting that someone is going to respond with "what's to stop a guild from making a second guild" and I don't think there will ever be anything. I'm just in favor of making these guys jump through more hoops to do so, because that would help the issue we're talking about. It might not solve it entirely, but locking an account to a single dregs might. The work around would then be to pay for another account, which can only help this game lol

I can appreciate people wanting to jump into a different campaign as it suits their time and needs and this is exactly where a second "guild" comes into play for massive guilds and alliances. 

By locking a guild to the campaign you stop the ability to horde. If you have 500 people in a guild and 50 of those people are in AUS time and 75 of those people are in EU time, then maybe that mega should be splitting their resources into multiple campaigns. It still makes it so that if megas want to be super progressive they have to buy more accounts to do so, which not every member of that mega will be willing to do. This just allows for more splitting of that massive 500 member number. It also prevents the 100 or so people with no time restrictions from jumping from one campaign to another to help the lesser mega populated campaigns. Lastly it will help with preventing people from jumping on non-primetime servers for a "safer" farm. Boosting population in their respective time zones. 

I'll be honest I see no negative ramification here. You get more guilds, you get more of a spread in players that will gravitate to their favored latency and you prevent the super big guilds from cashing in on multiple top 5 conquest rewards which are significant.

The purpose of my proposed change is not to limit the players, its to limit the win mentality of hording multiple top tier rewards into megaguilds and megaalliances. 

Of course this is a short term solution, the moment the game goes free to play you'll have people creating accounts for every campaign and tieing all accounts together through a guild chest. However hopefully there will be enough time inbetween that they will figure out a real solution.

Also...as a side note....reward ninja posts are coming...can't wait.

Edited by alexlaw

MMO Gaming since 99 - If you want good company add me!

[NA] Ghosts of the Revolution |PvX|21+|TS3|Forums|