Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How meta is healing?

Scege

I've been playing a cleric a while now and I've seen how effective healing can be, which is why often times I'm the one being focused in fights lol
But I was wondering if I decided to change over to a radical which would gut my heal potential, would that kill off my usefulness in group pvp?
It seems like every class has some sort of sustain mechanic even if it's far less than what a cleric our druid would pump out with heals...

I've not tried Radical, but I do know they are used in PVP.  As I always assume people will try to bum rush the healer I went a little tankier this time and picked Arbiter, Stoneborn being the extra tanky version.  Drop your load off, purify the boys, and hold that shield up when they're hitting you.

I've been playing a guinea crusader just cause if they don't focus me the heals are insane, basically makes your squad immortal til they realize they need to start ccing you to stop people from getting all their hp back

I just get bored when we're killing mobs cause I do no damage lol

A healer is better at healing other people than themselves which is why the popular meta is 2/6 is healers in a group.  This way healer A can cover healer B when attacked and vice versa.  If you are running solo as a healer you will be the main target once they get wise to it; you can block, run and effectively heal yourself while being CC’d and damaged.  This is by design.  

Radical is not a healer at all.  It is a mid/close range aoe dps.  It is half the range of other ranged classes. It’s not very durable either. If left alone it will do consistent aoe holy (if built right) damage to stacked people.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, Scege said:

I've been playing a cleric a while now and I've seen how effective healing can be, which is why often times I'm the one being focused in fights lol
But I was wondering if I decided to change over to a radical which would gut my heal potential, would that kill off my usefulness in group pvp?
It seems like every class has some sort of sustain mechanic even if it's far less than what a cleric our druid would pump out with heals...

@galvia posted a pretty good starter guide on this subsection.  Post questions and people will help.  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

A healer is better at healing other people than themselves which is why the popular meta is 2/6 is healers in a group.  This way healer A can cover healer B when attacked and vice versa.  If you are running solo as a healer you will be the main target once they get wise to it; you can block, run and effectively heal yourself while being CC’d and damaged.  This is by design.  

Radical is not a healer at all.  It is a mid/close range aoe dps.  It is half the range of other ranged classes. It’s not very durable either. If left alone it will do consistent aoe holy (if built right) damage to stacked people.  

Yeah I get that, I was just curious if it's mandatory to have a healer and if not having one will result in defeat in most scenarios

33 minutes ago, Scege said:

Yeah I get that, I was just curious if it's mandatory to have a healer and if not having one will result in defeat in most scenarios

Yes, no healer is a dead group. Meta right now is two healers per group, we heal each other when getting focused.

1 hour ago, Scege said:

0 healers = death if going against a group with healers 

1 healer = dead, can’t heal yourself when cc’d

2 healer = meta for people trying to win

If you need help building one or have questions about what’s good at what let us know.  Lots of healers willing to help. 

wiDfyPp.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've been been having a lot of issues with this healers in this game just seem far to squishy considering they tend to be the focus. Its kind of crappy that it seems like most melee classes can stand up better in a fight then the person that can actually heal you literally get killed in less time then it takes your 300 hps heal to heal you  with no escape and little to no defensive cooldowns to speak of. I understand why the healing is low because of the blanketing aoe in large scale but in small scale fight its just horrible its hard for a healer whos only job it is to heal to out heal the damage of one person let alone a group with 1500+ support power tend wounds barely ticks for more then an auto-attack. I know Im doing something wrong here but not sure what it is?

11 hours ago, Fjernt said:

I've been been having a lot of issues with this healers in this game just seem far to squishy considering they tend to be the focus. Its kind of crappy that it seems like most melee classes can stand up better in a fight then the person that can actually heal you literally get killed in less time then it takes your 300 hps heal to heal you  with no escape and little to no defensive cooldowns to speak of. I understand why the healing is low because of the blanketing aoe in large scale but in small scale fight its just horrible its hard for a healer whos only job it is to heal to out heal the damage of one person let alone a group with 1500+ support power tend wounds barely ticks for more then an auto-attack. I know Im doing something wrong here but not sure what it is?

What's your build?  Post some ss's and we will see what you got? 

wiDfyPp.png