Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

now if you could mount your pet...

on the wall..i mean on the wall....get yer heads outta the gutter...mine takes up all the room, ffs

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

The "pet" system in Mortal Online is actually pretty darned good, however it is a skill based game, which mean if you choose to have pets (or any that are worth anything), it's going to cost you.

You could tame mounts and sell them. Mounts are considered pets. But really useable pets required the domination skill. you could tame or dominate pets and breed them as well for in game currency to try to get a pet with more desireable stats than "wild" ones. Minotaurs, elephants, Molvas, spiders and wolves etc. You would then train beast mastery to unlock more pet attacks. You could also train spells to heal your pet.

The thing is though, once the pet is killed, it was over. No "pocket pet", no respawn, no resummon, it is gone. I like that system. If pets are purely cosmetic, why go through the trouble. I would love to see the pet/mount system that Mortal Online uses implemented here.

If anyone tries to justify wizard or pirate pet training I want them to first leave this thread and go take a long walk contemplating their life, because they need to see that it is a bad system. Its a cycle of wasting time and money for no gain. What started as a way of getting cosmetics has in turn ruined every other end game activity. You pay real money to get your pet to ancient with critical abilities and healing spells which is pretty useless in PvE yet is REQUIRED to even have a chance in PvP. Where do you get these pet snacks? Could farm, in insanely long dungeons that give you a level 7 if your lucky, or you garden for them that still requires the P2W energy. In pirate101, if you defend that, you are pycho. That system is pay to win for snacks, pay to win for gear and pay to win for time (which unlike wizard is 30 seconds is more like 9-11 hours) and you don't even get a minigame. So don't try to act like they were good systems. They had no skill it was all cash grabs for relatively useless gain.

i just have to think that the vast majority of people here do not want pets, especially those of us from wizard backgrounds...that was the most grindy, mind numbing part of the game. 

the only pet system i want to see is the ability to overpower opponents, force them into servitude and make them our pets. if we can set up something pretty violent like that, i'm all for it. 

Just make the pets pure cosmetic or come with preset stuff, id' rather not have a grind fest for a " perfect " pet, when i'd much rather some badass looking pet that just follows me around ( though that could cause visual disruption depending on their size and the amount on screen per one time )

Either or, DON'T make the pets a grind fest that has no enjoyment value to it, perhaps instead ( assuming the pets have their own stats that they give to their masters ) make them learn and gain stats/ability through  the amount of time spent  with their owners in the overworld, and maybe make it so the pets  help with specific tasks better the more time it spends with its master doing it (ex: giving a boost to move speed through exploring ), or make the pets  better at one thing than the other things..

it would be nice if we would obtain and train pets similiar to w101

post your opinions :)

please please please please no. Lol, I don't want to waste time training some dumb piece of ##$@ that is used for social status of stat boosts. If you want pet maybe like minion or (etc.)

The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.

However, if you want a pet that can help you and is worth something, you don't want it to be so easy to obtain. I personally like the grind because I feel like I earned something and that I deserve the reward of a good pet. You don't want an OP pet because it would make the game less exiting and easy, you wouldn't want to be killed by someone's pet would you? That would be a little embarrassing, and whatever they do with he game and pets, I don't care because I think that this is going to be a great game.  :D

lol what, you "like the grind." Lot of time waste.

The breeding system was ingenious though! The implementation and P2W aspect is what killed it.

Training pets (very boring and tedious) would make them grow up from baby to to teen to adult. There were 5 levels. Each pet has 10 abilities, hidden, and one becomes active with each level up.

There are HUNDREDS of possible abilities. Some better than others.

At adult or higher, pets can be bred. The new pet will inherit 5 abilities from each parent.

So you train the pet. Breed the pet with another that has abilities you want. Train the baby and hope it inherited the right abilities. If not, delete it and rebreed. Then level it up again.

The system is deep and interesting. The endless training was excrutiating because it's so much luck based, which can be sped up or circumvented entirely if you spend $$ on energy or outright just buy pets that start with awesome abilities already.

that's not ingenious, its common sense and hereditary nature.

If there's pets, I want them to be fun to raise, and I don't want them to unbalance PvP. I don't need them to help me kill people: non-combat utility is just fine. Maybe they could sniff out loot for me, or go fetch items from home, or send messages to people. Or just be adorable/ferocious/adorably ferocious/ferociously adorable.

Edited by txteclipse

Love pets, want pets. I never played W101 so I can't comment on that pet system, but I hope this game has pets and mounts, and that they are somewhat customizable and more interesting/useful than just being cool or pretty looking. 

peastravaganza%20dos_zps4q178jpn.png

The breeding system was ingenious though! The implementation and P2W aspect is what killed it.

Training pets (very boring and tedious) would make them grow up from baby to to teen to adult. There were 5 levels. Each pet has 10 abilities, hidden, and one becomes active with each level up.

There are HUNDREDS of possible abilities. Some better than others.

At adult or higher, pets can be bred. The new pet will inherit 5 abilities from each parent.

So you train the pet. Breed the pet with another that has abilities you want. Train the baby and hope it inherited the right abilities. If not, delete it and rebreed. Then level it up again.

The system is deep and interesting. The endless training was excrutiating because it's so much luck based, which can be sped up or circumvented entirely if you spend $$ on energy or outright just buy pets that start with awesome abilities already.

And if you are fortunate to be part of a hatching group...Oh yes! My beautiful pets :D

I want pets Wizard-style, except for the training system. It's tedious. The Pirate 101 training system is much less onerous, so I'd go for something like that. 

I never spend RL money on pet hatches or training. Gardening mega snacks supplies all of my needs. 

Edited by iridianshadowweaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

I think pets would be an interesting addition to the game if they were done as part of a "Tamer skill".  Just like any other skill, the more you use it, the better things you can do with it.  In this case, the more use you get out of your tamed pet or the more difficult mobs you could tame with it.

Pets are a waste of dev resources to make the game we all want to play.

I play games against other players, not poor AIs.

Yeah gonna have to agree here.  Except a taming skill.  Taming must have.  I really want a gd dragon, again.  One that rips off heads.  Mostly of mobs.  But sometimes other players.  My tamer sucked at pvp.  But I really want a dragon damnit.

I never played Wizard101 but I hope that if there are pets they are actually USEFUL for something, rather then the usual "cosmetic" pets that stand around doing jack diddly but lagging 20 feet behind you.

I'd like different pet types that provide different benefits in some way.

IE - a bird pet (Hawk, Falcon) might give you better map awareness and be able to "scout" allowing you to see danger lurking nearby that you yourself cna't see. A dog or wolf however might be able to sniff out certain things, helping you find hidden things that you yourself can't see.

I'd love if pets also followed you around and actually stayed anywhere near you. Why do pets in so m any mmo's have to lag so far behind you when you move? It'd be nice if they stayed near their owner like a dog does in real life or such.

I actually liked the WoW pet system.

Could someone give me the succinct 101 version of pets?

ok well in W101 you can get pets in a few ways: 1. as a drop from a boss 2. from a pet shop 3. from the the crown shop (Crowns are Wiz currency bought with rl $) 4. hatching them in the hatchery in the pet pavilion (the pet pavilion is also where you train pets via mini games. The first 3 ways are cut and dry so to speak but thing get interesting when it comes to hatching. You can only use adult or above pets to hatch with. pet levels are baby, teen, adult, ancient, epic and lastly mega. with each level a pet gains a skill/talent to help you in battle (some of these aren't as helpful as others but can be replace through hatching but I'll get to that later) and a skill/talent for it to use in pet pvp. Hatching can be used to swap pets so to speak with someone who has a pet you'd like to have (many wiz players like to collect the many pets in game I'm one of them) or you can use hatching to improve you pets stats and/or talents (no first generation pet is all that great). Through hatching some of the op pets your able to make are an all healing pet, a critical boost pet or a resist boosting pet. But to get these specialized pets you have to be welling to do multiple hatches and train each pet to at least adult to use the new pet for the next hatch. It also may take multiple hatches to swap a pet. Hatching costs gold which you get through questing farming and selling items and can cost between 25,000 - 50,000 or there abouts. Edited by stargazer