Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Community Top Likes and Dislikes Feedback 07/28/2021

ACE-Tiggs

Welcome new Crows and Vets! 

In a Galaxy far, far away (and many other games I worked on), I would post a weekly Top 5 for feedback and bugs from the Community. This would help me in providing feedback to the team (in addition to all of the other feedback posted on the forums) and also let us know where we are doing good.  So I'd like to start doing this weekly with you, my murder of Crows.  I've even included a place where you can provide me feedback about this thread, (you may want to see a different question listed or want to offer suggestions for a question of the week).  This is separate from our feedback posts we have for Live and Test, as those are more for the patches at the time.  Please do not hold discussions in this thread, this will help me in gathering feedback quickly.   Thanks for playing Crowfall and for providing feedback.  

Note: Please keep in mind the changes on Test currently when filling out the form. FVF is coming, so you don't need to list that as a dislike.  

Top 5 Crowfall likes (things you feel we're doing great on). 

1. I like XX and this is why (be constructive)

Top 5 Crowfall dislikes (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

1.  I dislike this and this is why (be constructive) and this is how it could be better.

Top 5 bugs on LIVE (that we may have missed and wish would be fixed). Please be specific and constructive, and please don't list something you've already listed. It takes time for bugs to go through the internal process and get fixed.  

If you could ask the Team member one question, what would you like to know?  Be nice, seriously don't be a jerk. 

Feedback for Tiggs on this forum post or other things you'd like to see on the forums. 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

1. When you have small scale PvP its really engaging and fun as classes feel different and relatively equally impactful
  2. Small sense of progression from crafting
  3. Drugged up crow bouncing off things whilst flying is enjoyable  

Top 5 Crowfall dislikes (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

1. Engagement only occurring on an unofficial discord - https://community.crowfall.com/discover/55/ nearly all posts are related to patch information.
  2. Raising zone cap without addressing any game design which lead to population locking, nor fixing memory leaks and other issues around since beta
  3.  Not understanding that your player base is not just the 4-5 blob guilds who get personal access to developers
  4.  Being unable to see why players were putting time and effort into GR zones only to remove them as "you didnt realise people were playing on them"
  5.  Wardens

If you could ask the Team member one question, what would you like to know?  Be nice, seriously don't be a jerk. 

1. Do you have any regrets limiting your feedback to specific blob guilds during development? Do you think your game/community would be more welcoming to new players if this wasn't the case
Edited by Exiled
17 hours ago, Tyrant said:

The Dregs game mode needs a few thousand level 25+ accounts that play in the campaign

1. 100% best thing is item decay and the constant need for crafting/harvesting to supply war efforts
  2. PVP and the world has real risks. Losing items on death is meaningful
  3. Campaign worlds are a great idea and allow for a lot of flexibility in design
  4. EK has a lot of potential 

1.  Eternal Kingdoms feel half baked right now. Buildings highlight when looked at; Kingdoms feel disconnected from the "game"
  2.  The economy does not match the fantastic loop of item-decay -> crafting. Buying/Selling is not smooth. 
  3.  The conquest scoring in Dregs feels bad. Territory control doesn't feel real while point gains can run-away quickly. 
  4.  While I agree that solo play is not conductive to an MMO i would like to see smaller group activities that feel meaningful to the overall game world

1. Where do you see the player economy right now vs where do you want to see from the player economy in a "finished" state? How does it change when off-campaign vs in-campaign? 

1. I like small scale combat. The game really shines in 1v1s and small group battles. The combat isn't nearly as polished as something like Black Desert or Skyforge, but it does feel good.
  2. The crafting system. It's great. I love it. 
  3. I love that I can drag items onto party members to give them stuff. This is an amazing QOL and we need more good stuff like this.
  4. I like the victory card system. It's great to have a way to compete that's not just "go kill everyone else" or something.
  5. I like that this is a social game and working together is necessary. It's great to have an MMO so focused on the social aspects again.

1. I dislike the chat window so much. It really needs full customization with the ability to change what appears on each tab, the colors, have multiple different windows open, etc. In the meantime, can we at least get an "All" tab that has all the channels (well, most of the channels, excluding stuff like the loot pickups/combat log of course), a whispers tab so people actually see when you message them, and make the guild tab the default given that guilds are so important there is a tutorial quest telling people to join one but then the guild tab is so far over that half the people don't realize it even exists or rarely join it.
  2. I dislike the "Events" tab in chat. PvP is everywhere already. We don't need that info broadcast to everyone. It makes guerrilla tactics of small guilds (which are already at a disadvantage) much harder to pull off.
  3. I dislike how tedious it is to swap characters for crafting and/or inventory management. It's especially annoying having to wait 20 seconds to log out from a safe zone every time. It would also be nice to be able to manage character inventories from the lobby like you can with vaults (assuming that character logged out in a temple/safe zone area).
  4. I dislike the giant guilds/alliances. Guild sizes are far too large. I honestly expected them to be capped at 200 which is still kind of too many. I would love to see the maximum guild member cap dropped down and a cap put on total members in an alliance so giant guilds can't all just ally with each other. Additionally, I'd love to see a small scale dregs campaign where something like max 50 members per guild are allowed to join.
  5. I dislike that EKs don't seem to have a function during a campaign, which is most of the time. I want to see EKs interact with campaigns. Ideally we'd be able to bring campaign locked characters to an EK without unlocking and be able to store, trade, and craft there while keeping all the items locked to the campaign. I realize this is not a small undertaking since there are a lot of considerations for setting up a system to campaign lock items while they are outside of the actual campaign world, but it would go a long way in making EKs much more useful and desired, as well as bringing a lot of just general quality of life to campaigns.

Top 5 bugs on LIVE (that we may have missed and wish would be fixed). Please be specific and constructive, and please don't list something you've already listed. It takes time for bugs to go through the internal process and get fixed.  

1. EKs are still basically unusable because everything placed highlights when you're anywhere near it.
  2. Frostweaver's Death Shard seems to randomly misfire and not hit anything despite the animation playing and Ice being used up.
  3. The chat window doesn't save your settings. Every time I log in or even sometimes when swapping characters I have to open it back up and resize it again.
  4. We are unable to swap disciplines in EKs, which should be safe zones. This is really annoying.

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

1. I like the crafting for most professions are in depth and dependent on each other which promotes cooperation.
  2. The customization for races/classes/domains is great and i love the fact you can customize yourself so much.
  3.  I like the fact that crafting in the game is meaningful and impacts the character.  It is nice that crafted gear is a step up from mob dropped gear.

1.  I dislike the clicking during the crafting system.  If I set a dial to 10 or 20 or some arbitrary number it should stay at that number until I the user change it (at least for that crafting session).  I also wish that limits were not in place by stack size.  If I wanna turn my entire inventory of logs into mulch I should be able to.
  2.   I dislike the current EK management system.  It is a pain to have to manage users via a command line interface and have several commands to accomplish simple things.  There should be a gui interface and groups should be implemented.  Suggested groups: friends, guild.  you should be able to setup groups for guilds/individuals that can be used in the EK and chests to limit what can be accessed by which group.
  3.   Weak Spots sometimes glitch and appear in spots that are difficult or impossible to hit quickly.  I think those weak spots should respawn if they time out.
  4.   I dislike the mount mechanic.  It's just a faster run mode.  It doesnt stay in the world and it takes a moment to spawn.  I wish that mounts were in the world and you could dismount and then remount them.
  5. The bank organization is limited.  Needs custom tabs based on type of item that the player can create.

Top 5 bugs on LIVE (that we may have missed and wish would be fixed). Please be specific and constructive, and please don't list something you've already listed. It takes time for bugs to go through the internal process and get fixed.  

1.   There is still a bug with EK building placement where it is grey toned when inside.  Put a toggle on interaction mode for the EK or something to turn off this grey overlay.
Edited by xerwolf

Number 1 Like. Performance in large fights has been much improved (but still needs work)

Number  1 Dislike: Chat system is FUBAR, We need to be able to receive Whisper & group & guild & alliance all at the same time.

Number 2 Dislike: Zone cap of 200 is too small. Please find a way to increase it without turning large fights into a slide show.

Number 3 Dislike: Having to use /ek commands to manage the eks is SO 1990s. I want the ability to add nobles or vassals by clicking on the player in Social > Guild.

@ACE-TiggsKeep asking these questions! And get JTood and Gordon to action the issues.

Mac

1. the game play is good

2. The terrain is detailed

3. The Beginner quest

1. Dreggs should have several servers separating guilds sizes i.e guilds from 1-50 people 50 - 100, 150 - 250 and guild from 251-500upwards rather than being dominated by the top 5 guilds that influenced all the changes, there is no point in having a dreggs for everyone else as it is unplayable and unfair and doesn't really vote confidence in the game play 

2. The guild pack should come with a parcel to place the guild hall on as this makes it difficult to start a guild and develop until 2 months into the game

3. Necro Costs shouldnt have been doubled with out telling everyone, this has made the game harder to obtain ambrosia due to big guilds controlling all key areas

4. Pvp should be limited to certain lvls no matter where you are i.e if a player is below 25 they cant be attacked, if a player is farming solo then they should be able to turn pvp off so they dont get killed by 15 people repeatedly.

5, being a content creator for lots of alpha games i found that crowfall unless your a big guild doesnt give you as much opportunity to show the true game, because you just get killed before you can show.

When you released why did you increase the costs of everything in the game making it unplayable for small and medium guilds, and why was only the larger guilds points taken, and why wasnt anything done to allow smaller guilds there own dregs to truely experience the game, i know lots of people that have left the game because of this and is it something you are looking at, and also with the release of new world offering everything you are but with a pvp/pve toggle on and off switch is this something you would do to allow people to experience the game rather than the top 5 guilds just killing everyone from lv 20 upwards,l even though there just farming and harvesting 

1. Art-style feels unique
  2. Each campaign feels unique
  3. Classes feel unique

1. Crafting is too grindy.  Make lower level crafted items still better than mob drop and make it easier to get your green discs
  2. Big guilds are already years ahead of everyone.  You need stricter export rules
  3. The bank UI is bad.  You need more categories.
  4. Dregs world banks need same UI so you can search etc.
  5. Stuff doesn't auto stack in EK chests....WHY?!?!?!?!?!

Top 2 Crowfall likes (things you feel we're doing great on). 

1. I like the teamwork for achieving goals with the guild.
  2. PvP is fun and engaging in small scale and can be quite strategic in bigger scale.

Top 4 Crowfall dislikes (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

1.  I dislike the max size of guilds in contrast to zone caps, not to mention possible alliances with this. I do believe reducing guild size to about 100 members and alliances to either 3 Members or a max of 300 people total (so more small guilds could work together, but would also be capped to the alliance max among the allied guilds)
  2.  Putting out videos explaining certain mechanics on an official channel may help new players who skipped stuff in the NPE to understand those better, while I get that the NPE is made for it, I often hear people saying they skipped the texts and just moved on after a certain point. Giving video guides may improve the new player experience where they can easily search for stuff they have questions about.
  3.  Having items not only be able to be searched for by name in the vault but also properties like: food, crafting component, mail, plate, leather, cloth, main hand, off-hand, sacrificial, etc. (I know there's already a weapon/armor/redeemed items tab on the left, that does very little for crafters for example).
  4.  Some sort of feedback for kills would be nice, as it sometimes is hard to gauge whether or not that stealth class could get away, either with a small overhead notification or some sort of kill counter á la CS:GO for example, I do get why this may not be wanted tho.

Note: Please keep in mind the changes on Test currently when filling out the form. FVF is coming, so you don't need to list that as a dislike.  

1. Overall combat group play is pretty good. There's a nice balance of ranged vs melee. There's a nice variety of builds and classes.
  2. The item decay actually feels all right. It's annoying, but not so annoying that I am stressing about it every time I die.
  3. Performance, while not perfect, is way better than it has been in the past. Nice job. I hope it continues to improve.
  4. We've already seen some throne-war alliances and mercenary action happening. That's a huge success for the game IMO.

1.  Combat engine. It is literally impossible to dodge skills that look like they should be dodgeable eg. Champion ult
  2.  Forming groups is such a pain. There needs to be a good squad UI. See Guild Wars 2 for an example.
  3.  Stealth vs anti-stealth is too binary. Either the stealther is completely safe or completely screwed depending on whether detectors are around.
  4.  Oh my god, the shopping experience with vendors and EKs is so bad. Loading screens plus lack of information until checking every vendor and mousing over every item = frustration. WHO HAS THAT KIND OF TIME? Not me.
  5.  Fae gliding bug where the 2nd double jump doesn't work on Test. Please fix that. It's taking something that was "easy fun" in the game-design sense and making it unfun. You never want to remove easy fun from a game.

1.   Dodges not working. Example: 
  2. Ugh. never mind. I've listed this so many times. I think it's really important though.
Edited by nihilsupernum

Top 5 likes:

1. Non zerg combat is fun.

2. Race and class diversity is fun.

3. Crafting is diverse.

Top 5 dislikes:

1. Large guild alliances. It would be nice if the alliance cap was like 100 players so you could have 5 guilds of 20 battle one guild of 100. 

2. Most crafting rules/systems are centered around large guilds producing crap tons of materials, where small guilds cannot compete.(also effs the economy) Small group or solo players have to slog for days to reach gear that a big guild can assembly line in an hour. Maybe levy some high taxes on the big rich guilds to compensate?

3. Maps are too small. I understand that players in beta wanted small maps with less capture points, but that was because the servers were low population during development. We need to expand! I can't go anywhere without a stealth class or I get hunted down like the paparazzi.

4. My pvp experience so far is always just getting trampled by large or larger groups than mine. Have not had the pleasure of enjoying a single fair fight. 

5. All of my friends quit crowfall because quote, "THE BIG CONGLOMERATE GUILDS RUIN THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE FOR US." (So please stop catering to the big guilds, clearly they dont make up the bulk of the mmorpg consumer market. It would benefit your revenue to start catering to sheep instead of the wolves for a change.)

Question:

Will there be faction population balances per zone? Or will it be just unregulated like in gvg, where one faction can fill a zone and the others wait in queue to get in?

Targeted qualitative feedback? I love yall. That is my Master degree specialization! Yall are warming the cockles of my heart.

1. I like the build diversity! It encouraged me to purchase VIP for 12 months and some character slots. Really feels great to come up with some new, janky build for a specific purpose and test it out. From a Bard-cher Wood Elf, to a my-little-Centaur-Pitfighter Bard, to a hammer tossing DPS cleric, the list goes on.
  2. The combat in general. While it takes a bit to get used to it, it has a lot of depth when combined with the build diversity. A decent room for skill ceilings, moderate skill floor. Using CC counters, and being available on every build, is hugely impactful and prevents some of the obnoxiousness that other large combat games have.
  3. Crafting and Gathering! Both are done very well, and it really feels worth it to be "rewarded" for spending time and gold to become increasingly invested, with good returns. It's just costly and time consuming enough to not have everyone just make their own stuff, and encourages people buying your stuff.
  4. Thematics. The game does well at hitting home on the "you are the account, not the race/class" theme. From having no individual character names, the revive mechanic, and the Vessel system, it does really feel like you are "equipping" your meat-suit and wading into battle with it. The "fading" nature of the worlds also works great with the theme yall are going for. This is both a good selling point and a potential negative however, as it causes some confusion if newer players hear "the world dies" they sometimes think that includes their character progression.
  5.   The cost and monetization. I really feel like the $40 barrier to entry keeps away more problematic players, and the Sub fee feels very "fair" compared to other sub niche games. Its beneficial to have, but not required, and really supports my alt character addiction. Builds well upon point 1, without giving you an unfair advantage over non-subs. Once the game's quality issues are addressed, I feel the price is 100% justified.

1.  I dislike the chat. It is abysmal trying to get anyone to notice and communicate with each other. I cannot warn someone of a gank, or coordinate well with taking an objective, and I dislike how segregated all of those tabs are, and not being able to filter things into specialized tabs that I can customize. A good look at Everquest would be a fantastic example of how a seemingly basic feature can be very important. You have the option for special pop-out message boxes for Tells, and it helps keep track of conversations. You can sort specific channels such as Guild or Faction or Party or Say chat into any chat window you like, as well as filter out specific types of Combat messages, etc, and can color coordinate the chat specific to each channel. This should be priority number one, as it enables new players to connect with Guilds and their faction to have a less frustrating learning experience.
  2.   New Player Experience. It is both too long and filled with unnecessary lore, while also containing some of the more important "unique" aspects of Crowfall, so its "needed" but also frustrating. It is so unfortunately implemented that I often ask guildies to skip it and we'll explain all the details in Discord. This is going to be difficult to fix, but I'd think having specific, optional "collections" of information that are relevant to each game mode type would be more beneficial. For example, have an entirely separate Crafting, Harvesting, Combat, and Character Building and Progression would be very helpful. The 25-30 content in the Wildlands is fairly well done and gives a great idea of "what" you are going to deal with, so use that as a model for the others. It really needs to be pointed out that "most" of the gameplay takes place in Skypoint, then Faction vs Faction, *then* Dregs.
  3.   The bank/account vault. We absolutely *need* better sorting options. Having Weapon Types, Armor Types, Resource Types, Sacrifice Items, etc. It would also be fantastic if we could "craft" from our resources in our bank/vault if in Allied territory (to prevent abuse of people using this to stash items). Similarly, items should ***not*** be able to be destroyed in the middle of combat. Someone deleting their gold or items if they are losing just to be petty is just plain silly. 
  4.   Inability to search for a player's trader through the EK visiting system. It really sucks that we cannot view the traders from the EK selection menu. It makes shopping for items tage absolutely ages, and it is hard for smaller EK's to advertise without literally changing their name and description regularly or spamming in the community discords. I'd love to see either a new User Interface specifically for looking up traders, and the ability to "teleport" over to that EK near the vendor. This would still keep the nice "feel" of going to a market, without being completely unable to locate a good stall.
  5.   Risk vs Reward of getting Gold or other rewards in Wildlands and Skypoint vs other more dangerous modes/locations/activities. Right now, the "best" way to make gold as a single player or small group is just to kill the easiest mobs in the Wildlands in your safe zone. There is zero risk of losing gold, and it accumulates fairly quickly. Sadly, this is more consistently lucrative than farming gold in Skypoint or the Dregs due to the lack of risk. Taking objectives in PvP enabled areas do not provide enough personal resources to encourage players to go complete them. To teach players about the importance of objectives, we need to provide benefits for holding Outposts, Keeps, and Forts in Wildlands and Skypoint that make it worth a player's time. We need to teach new players that you get some tangible, nice benefits from holding onto things you've captured beyond just a nice revive point! We currently get some minor rewards of resources randomly spawning in chests, and many players don't "get it" that those can be beneficial. Similarly, it just does not feel worth the gold to head to the Dregs currently as a solo player, small group, or small guild. The risk is high but the reward does not increase in proportion. 

1.   The "enlarge" growing effect from Half-Giant and some classes can cause a player to T-pose and be unable to use any abilities if on a slight incline. I've had several deaths due to this bug, and it is very frustrating.
  2.   My UI sometimes gets "stuck" when trying to move items to the crafting window, trade windows, or vaults. I have to close it and reengage with the vault/trade/crafting window in order for right click to start moving items to their respective windows. Very frustrating and happens exceedingly often.
  3. Being stuck under guild halls and other buildings when logging back in after logging out in a building in the Eternal Kingdoms!
  4. There is a huge, invisible hit box on the revive statues that can block ranged shots on the Archer guards from plenty of angles.
  5. Some guards in Forts hit EXCEPTIONALLY harder than others, but it is highly difficult to tell until you can see their actual level, by which time it is often a bit too late. This isn't conveyed at all in any of the game's tutorials, so it seemed like a bug to my group until we finally noticed the guards have a level difference based on how built up the fort is (we assume, anyways?)

1. Can we pretty please with a cherry on top get some love for the Arch Druid and other such classes that have to constantly switch between ability trays? As part of this, could we look into the option of an "instant" tray swap that is off the global cooldown, but instead has a small 2 second timer before allowing further tray swapping? AND if there was a keybind to toggle between each tray pairing, that would go so far towards helping Rangers, Druids, Radicals, and Stealth characters "flow" better than they currently do. Similarly, can we get this feature expanded to adding a Harvesting tray? It feels absolutely terrible having to have harvesting abilities taking up much needed UI space on the combat bar! Something like:

Keybind -> Swap Between Melee and Ranged tray
    Keybind -> Swap Between Melee and Stealth tray
    Keybind -> Swap Between Harvest and active Combat Tray
    Keybind -> Swap Between Life and Death tray
Edited by jhorry

1. I like the versatility of classes and want to encourage expanding this direction. It gives off the League affect of “what do so want to play today?”
  2. I like that my progression for the most part is transferable, outside of x2 and vessels I can transfer all my crafting progression easily.
  3. Fights seem to always be unique although.
  4. A lot of detail has gone into the crafting system 
  5.   You’ve successfully balanced new players joining and giving long term players a worthy carrot to chase.

1.  Bank GUI needs tender love and care, I also shouldn’t have to log out to touch my vault. Furthermore I need a way to manage my guild in game instead of going out of the game to do it, a pop in browser would be simple enough.
  2.   I don’t like that I need to load into other campaigns just to check progress, I think it would be easier if I had a drop down to review that data.
  3.   Timers don’t rotate enough, your basically guaranteed if you only play the same  4h a night  not to see some of the sieges and hotspots. It would be cleaner if hotspots and sieges scrambled timers every week.
  4.  Crafting system defiantly could use a better explanation than what we get in the tutorial, it’s the tutorials worst area of explanation. A lot of people don’t even know that experimenting has a difficulty you can adjust for vastly improved stats.
  5. Indicators on the ground for AOEs and zones need an intensity option to make them thicker or thinner based on personal preference. As of right now I don’t see some aoes in game because of how thin their animations are.  

1. Dregs bank doesn’t have the same sorting functionality as normal banks.  
  2.   Many abilities with on-landing effects such as the Templars leap stun tends to cancel if you contact a player model which really hurts the value of the ability.
  3. You cannot adjust exploration disciplines inside an EK, from a design POV there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to.
  4. Rewards should show what your guild, if the season ended immediately, are eligible to receive otherwise there is no point to having an eligible comment and it should just be “from the last campaign your guild was awarded:”

What is the design thought behind only 5 zones with 15ish spawns for gold and a single spawn for farming dust in dregs? Would it be possible to see these maps increased in size and meaningful terrain generated on them to promote outplay potential? 

bonus question: Is there anything wrong from a design point of view with giving channel abilities the ability to be toggle on/off instead of holding the button down?

1. Combat is fluid and responsive say for a little bit of desync to the exact location of players, but it is only about a 1m to 2m difference.
  2. The sense of community and needing it in the game is really strong. 
  3. Crafting is great. Needing other crafters and different harvesters should be a need in every crafting system in games.
  4. Capture points are in a good place. Each amount of people are represented between outposts, forts, and keeps.
  5. Trading items between group members by dragging items is great.

1. Guild sizes are way to big and to have an alliance system with that is insane. If the guild sizes are to stay the same alliances need to go or guild size needs to go down to 100 members max. You shouldn't need 1000 people to have a chance to make it into the top 5.
  2.   Area caps ruin sieges. This is also because of guild sizes and the alliance system as well. It shouldn't be possible for a single guild to population cap an area.
  3.   Chat system needs an overhaul. UI customization would be a huge quality of life change.
  4.   Better trading system. Discord shouldn't be the way to find items and having to go into an EK search the area, wait 20 seconds to log out, and have to do it over and over again doesn't do anything for the game. Simple trade chat or access to what is for sale in an EK before loading into it would be huge.
  5.   Guild Sizes

1.   Teleport abilities are getting blocked by random environment pieces. I feel like making them work more like a super fast dodge roll would solve the issues.
  2.   Items with durability loss get greyed out when trying to sell to an NPC and stuck in the inventory until you log out and come back in. 
  3.   Game crashing when exiting and having to force close the game.
  4.   Wardens need to be targeted nerfed. Nerfing the entire Ranger class was a huge misstep.

1. Don't have a question but I hope that this feedback thread takes into account the people's guilds. Meaning, I see a lot of push back on aspects of the game come from people in the same guild and I hope the loud voice of the large guilds don't over shadow the rest of the player base in here as well.

1. Small-scale combat feels good.
  2. Multiple classes being viable is good (minus chaos orb).
  3. Balancing rather than nerfing is a positive.

1.  Guild size is too large. 500 is way too large.
  2.  Alliances are too large. 5 guilds of 500 is way too large.
  3.  Performance at large-scale sieges leaves much to be desired. 
  4.  Current balance of conquest has alts logging into capture outposts at the tick rather than active engagement / fighting over the outposts.

1.   N/A - I don't have any additional ones to report

1.  Have you considered adding Friendly Fire back for alliances? If not, please, at least, have a discussion about it. 
Edited by Ruq

1KJChGN.png Dissentient

1. I like that you have to work with other people to accomplish things.
  2. I like that there are stakes to dying.
  3. I like that there are many different ways to build a character which leads to many differing playstyles.
  4. I like the idea that things will change over time (seasons inside a campaign and campaigns themselves).
  5. I like the idea of large epic battles where lots of work can culminate into a major defeat or victory.

1. The performance of the game has gotten better due to some patching and also people figuring out the boot.config fixes, but the performance in large battles is still brutal.  I have a Ryzen 5, 32GB RAM (just upgraded from 16 because the game was hogging RAM), and a Radeon 5700XT and in large battles I only get like 10 fps.  It makes me less able to lose myself in the fun of a large battle and instead makes it so I am more focused on playing cautiously around a performance bottleneck.
  2. The entire game stutters for a second when you open the map which feels bad because it knocks me out of the gameplay flow state.
  3. It would be interesting if farming mobs was more engaging.  For example, in Halo there are multiple enemy types which have different strengths and weaknesses.  Like for the shield jackals you want to hit them in the hand then the head to kill them as efficiently as possible, you can headshot grunts pretty easily but they can swarm you and they're better at avoiding grenades, elites have shields which you can use plasma weapons to destroy faster, etc.   I'm not saying this game needs the enemy depth of Halo, but it would be nice if there was a small step in that direction which made it so that you are rewarded for using strategy while you're farming.  Eg. AoE packs, this type has more armor but is weaker to bleeds, this type moves slower and hits harder but you can kite it more easily, this type uses a larger damage spell but can be interrupted, etc.
  4. It seems like supporting the content creators who are passionate about crowfall and helping them to make exciting crowfall content is an easy win that you aren't taking advantage of, or if you are it doesn't seem super visible at the moment.
  5. The free city market in dregs is almost entirely useless.  There are so few spots, it's so cheap to grab a spot for the entire campaign, and there is no punishment for leaving an empty vendor there.

1. The zone queue number often increases.

1. How likely is it that the game will be able to achieve lasting financial stability?

1. The player on player dependency of the game is overall wonderful from the item decay to the group/raid bosses.

2. The way you can create a class/playstyle you enjoy playing from the talents to the different domains your not stuck to meta builds.

3. The harvesting is relaxing and unique.

4. The comradery the game encourages players to experience with each other even enemy players (depending on the situation)

1. I dislike the chat.

2. i like feel the map needs markers displaying your party members and player made waypoints also being able to pick your own icon in the party(heart,diamond,etc,etc) or having the party leader be able to choose for each player in the party.

3. The party system typing the invite player isn't the most enjoyable 

4. The presentation of the new patch notes from my experience so far with the lack of dev notes or explaination of certain changes feels like a slight disconnect between the player and the devolper. Overall just a negative feeling if it affects the player personally.

If you could ask the Team member one question, what would you like to know?

1. What do you feel makes the class you play unique.

1. Communication & listening with the community.  We asked for FvF and you are delivering.  We complained about zone caps and you are working on increasing the cap.
  2. Environments/Environmental ambience/world building.  Absolutely stunning.  I love the world, the thunder/lightning FX, the environmental audio, etc.  
  3. Great build customization and options for different playstyles.  
  4. I like the idea of campaigns in general.  Short (3-4 week) seasons with rewards at the end (sadly zero personal rewards so Im honestly feeling less motivated to keep playing).
  5. Drop and drop on a party member name is a fantastic QoL improvement for trading.

1. Server performance / stability / frame rate during large scale (zerg vs zerg) siege battles.  I had to perform some CPU gymnastics, remove crests and ally names, and dumb down graphics on my RTX 2060.
  2. Crafting requires too many materials across too many disciplines forcing you to lean on a guild for this.  Example, Im excited for faction vs faction and if I wanted to step away from my guild and just do Shadows, I'll still need heavy help in crafting because its just not possible to harvest and craft solo in this game.  Too many materials and too much RNG (requiring dozens of disciplines to upgrade to epic/legendary disciplines and belts, 5 heartwood for a quiver??? )
  3. Complete lack of INDIVIDUAL reward for time invested.  Even in a guild and participating in dregs... from my understanding it looks like all end of campaign rewards go to the guild and zero reward for time spent to the individual player. Theres a large chance that you do not see any benefit from these rewards in a guild of 400 players.  Time spent vs reward is horrible.
  4. Sieges are designed poorly.  People zone in, cap the zone and either baby sit their keeps and forts for 30 minutes to 1.5 hours with no action and in the end you just destroy trees (boring) or its a lag fest with the winner being decided, sometimes, based on who zoned in first.  Also, additional siege equipment besides spamming trebs would be fun.  Look to GW2 WvW sieges which also encourage small scale "havoc groups" .  Need more small scale.
  5. General Quality of Life.  Item management (search bar in account vault, not in dregs vault?), very limited if any filtering options, poor guild/friends list management, poor guild management for guild chests etc, poor chat options (cant right click names and invite? Cant shift click items to share in chat). One key to cycle between treys instead of two (seriously this annoys the hell out of me).  

1. Is there any room in the future of Crowfall for a solo player who does not want the hassle of joining guilds in order to be a part of the zerg and dependent on guild crafting?  Is there a spot for solo players to head into faction vs faction or dregs, find a "commander tag" (Gw2) and follow a group around, getting rewards for participating?  

Edited by cesmode

1. I enjoy small scale combat. Twitch combat in MMOs is garbage, but Crowfall manages a pacing and balance between range and melee that makes it palatable.
  2. I really enjoy having a game where there is durability on gear. It adds a bit of risk and a great deal of health to the economy.
  3. Nuking the passive tree was one of the best changes you made so far. May it stay dead forever.
  4. Being able to level up a new character build quickly is great.
  5. Siege mechanics, both defense and offense are great. 

1. Character creation/advancement from base class to promotion to discipline lacks depth and is clunky. It is miles better than it used to be, but still comes no where close to the amount of viable choices that were present in Shadowbane. It feels like systems that have been slapped together rather than carefully thought out.
  2. View distance as a combat stat is a really bad idea.
  3. Stealth is extremely overpowered in this game.
  4. Combat trays and how they further imbalance of the number of powers (choices, options) between classes is a problem.
  5. The complexity of crafting adds nothing to the game-play loop.

1. Chaos orbs clipping through everything and being able to path up and down cliffs.
  2. View distance is broken on the very edge of the screen. You can ghost things into view by shaking your camera.
  3. Damage and effect being applied on the beginning of an animation instead of delayed makes everything impossible to dodge or move away from.
  4. Capture point sound still looping when no one is actively interacting with them.
  5. Clipping through structure in EKs when you load your character in.

1. Why have you not capped guilds and alliances to fewer players?

Feedback for Tiggs on this forum post or other things you'd like to see on the forums. 

The Mithril Warhammers

Hammers High!

1. I truly like the pvp mechanics and the way that the game introduces you to it so quickly. This allows players to really get into the heart of the action within a few hours.
  2. Gameplay feels fluid and class balance feels good, minus warden. Overall great job on the designs!
  3. The idea behind disciplines is fantastic, the fact you can switch them between you characters and be what you bring to a server is GREAT!
  4. The events are fun there should be more of them at a time. Maybe even different times but overall great quality.
  5.  The amount of options you have to choose from to define your characters is fantastic. I like the overlap between the ending trees like bard etc. 

1.  Inventory Management, We could use some auto sorting options or even a template layout that we can design for ourselves and when we collect items they could fall into those slots if available.
  2.   EK Vendor Searches. I would love to be able to pull up a marketplace, search by an item and click on an EK to load it and go there. This would let us see other peoples designs but also have that shopping feel while still having a great quality of life. 
  3.  Guild Tags and Management. Guilds should have tags that they can associate with such as casusal, hardcore, small group, zerg, etc. Eks should also be able to be tied to the guild page if they are the guild's preferred EK. 
  4.   Fort Rewards in GR. I know GR is more of a tutorial esque area but it would be good to give to those participating in the defences or captures of other factions. This would allow players to learn the mechanics and feel more rewarded for doing so. The more new players get out there and experience the more theyll get excited what better way to do that then with rewards. 
  5.   GR should be limited to one server per account or character, after you complete your run you should have options such as FvF and Dregs. This will keep the population moving to the harder environments but keep them engaged. There should be a cross chat eventually for help where players can ask more experienced ones questions. 
  6.  Fix the server hopping. So many people move between GR's just for the hot zones. It is fun to have those fights, this could also be fixed by consolidating the GRs all to one. 

1.  Stone masons cant place buildings in vendors. This is strange and should be fixed. 
  2.  Falling through world on spawn in EK
  3.  Stonemason vendor stall cannot be picked up once placed.
  4.  When taking something from your bank while crafting in EK you have to re-click on the popup even if the bank is closed for it to register the right click.
  5.  Whispering doesnt always work properly, and for some commands they are case sensitive and not for others, its a bit strange.

1. The game is fantastic and has been truly one of the most fun experiences I have played in a while with my guild. However I would like to know why there is such limited community outreach, like removing servers and etc.? Is there not a way to let us know via in game mail certain things even if it just links to the forum post?