Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.000 Public Test Server Feedback for 7/28/2021

Test Patch Notes,  and Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported

Please share any bugs you noticed while playing the game, these are objective issues with gameplay. Overall feedback or opinions on systems should be directed to Test Feedback

If you can provide us with the steps you used to create the bug (reproducible steps), an image or even a short video clip that would be ideal and aid us in getting the bug entered properly into our tracking software. Additionally, if you run across a bug on LIVE, can you please try to reproduce it on our Test server as well and let us know if you're successful. 

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs, or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Feedback from the Test Server/General Feedback

Chat System

We NEED a new chat system. The current one is beyond terrible and unacceptable as you push towards a "hard launch" of the game. Its the first thing players look to when it comes to interacting with other players. I hate having to explain what a modern chat system looks like to MMO Devs, but it needs to include:

- Creating your own Chat Tabs

- Editing the Font Size of your newly created Tabs

- Changing the color of the chat type

- Item Linking

- Pre-made tab that shows battle information (Done to you, done to others)

- The ability to hide or show certain chats in what ever tabs you create

- A sound notification on whispers

- A highlight function when someone says your characters name (Example: DorkusPorkus99: Hey >Cirka<)

Ranger Nerfs

The nerf to Sustain should not be given to Archers and Brigands. By doing this you guys are showing the playerbase you do not know how to properly target over performing sub-specs. Thats a BIG issue for a game that is not only a PvP focused game, but also a game that requires a ton of investment into ones character. Neither the Archer nor the Brigand are in a spot that requires any nerfs as of now. The best course of action would to be to increase the Wardens Ult cost on Sustain when they pick up the Warden Sub-Spec in the Talent tree and have it only effect them if thats the skill you wish to nerf.

Brigand Buff to Surprise Strike

The buff to Surprise Strike is a good buff. The teleport on the ability makes it feel better as the Brigand in general (especially on a more optimized build that doesn't take Forest Step) lacks gap closers as a "stealther/anti-stealther". The biggest issue with the new Surprise Strike is the range. 10 Meters feels very clunky. Its barely just out of melee range. This ability NEEDs to be atleast 20 Meters minimum. It doesn't need to have the full 30 Meters that most gap closers give, but it needs to be 20 Meters MINIMUM. Since Brigands don't have the option to re-stealth (Which I agree with them NOT having the ability to restealth), they need a good reliable ability to make sure their engage is good, and 10 Meters does not do that at all. Another change I would REALLY like to see added to Surprise Strike is to make the ability un-useable while the player is out of range. That would just make it feel less clunky and feel more in-line with how other MMO's tend to do it. Pop up a message "Out of Range" when trying to use the ability. That should be the standard for all targeted gap closers for all the classes.

Fae Changes

I will start off by saying: I do not play a Fae on live. I have played them a bit in beta, its not the race for me. With that said, I feel the changes to their glide feels terrible compared to the old system. It unique that the Fae could double jump, use Dodge, and jump again. This was removed. It feels not only bad compared to the old system, but also un-fun. As a Brigand main, I come across many Fae stealthers. Yes, they can jump around a lot and get to places that is a pain for me to get to as a non Fae, but that shouldn't be removed in my opinion. I thought it was a very cool racial perk that doesnt focus on direct stats of some sort, but instead mobility that can be used in very situational scenarios. You guys just killed that, and from what I can tell, for no good reason. I feel very bad for the Fae mains on this one and I hope you guys reconsider this change.

Eternal Kingdoms

Sadly I couldn't find the time to craft land and buildings to test out some things on the EK. I'm glad you guys removed the inventory drop on death. Another thing I really feel is needed is a proper working UI for the nobles/vassals system. The / commands are fine for when the game was in beta, but now its time to get a proper working UI for all that. Again, as I am sure you guys know, Quality of Life can make a bad game feel good, and a good game feel bad. My last piece of EK feedback for now is that when entering a building, the building turns to a blue hue color. Its VERY annoying and needs to be removed. If you want to keep the UI buttons that pop up for moving/picking a item up, thats fine, but remove the blue hue if you can't come up with a better idea. I spent IRL money to buy a Keep and a Manor (Via upgraded game pack). I should be able to enjoy the look of it, but I cant. When I enter it, all detail is lost as everything just because a disgusting blue hue color. Not please with my purchase on that, and I know many others who mess around in their EKs are in the same boat.

Play Test and Get Rewards!

I am all for the "Play the Test server and get cosmetic rewards" method. Sea of Thieves does this, and I think its a great way to incentivize players to test out the new updates and give feed back (Yes, you will have people who AFK their 6 hours and don't leave any feed back because they tested nothing). I would really like to see a UI bar that either fills as you get closer to your required time to unlock your reward or even just a "Total Time Played on Test Server" text some where on the main UI. This is obviously not a priority, but it is still a QoL for people who do go on the test servers. I'd hate to be at 5 hours, 59 minutes and miss out on a reward because I was unknowingly one minute off.

Methods of Giving Feedback

The current way it seems to give feed back is wait for you guys to post a "Taking Feedback" and leave a reply in it, or wait for a post like this "Test Server Patch Feedback". This is fine to have, but it shouldn't be the ONLY reliable way to give feedback. You should have a section on the forums labeled "Feedback" and allow us, the players, to create our own topics and post feed back that way. That way we can post it and get constructive responses from others in the community and the topics that seem to be interested by other players can rise.

Random things I feel are still needed to be added:

• Guild rank chests. There should be the option to allow member ranks to access a certain chest, and officer ranks to access a certain chest. That way officers can stock pile more important items that they wouldn't want non-officers to have access to.
  • A local time shown someone on the main UI (Maybe near the bottom right of the screen or top right of the screen). Most MMO's show local time so players can keep track of the time. A very nice quality of life addition, and very simple to add (Theres one on the map, but one should be on the actual UI)
  • The ability to rebind the TAB key. At the moment it brings up the Event Schedule. No reason to not be able to rebind this key at all.
  • The ability to have a bind that toggles between melee and ranged (If in Melee tray, swap to Ranged tray. If in Ranged tray, swap to Melee tray) 
  • Guild system needs some work. Guild Masters should be able to create their own ranks, including giving basically equal power as the Guild Master for those that want multiple "Guild Masters".
  • Guild Tags should be shown in game under or above players names on nameplates or next to it, such as:
    <RAGE>                 OR                    <RAGE> Cirka
       Cirka   
  • People want chat bubbles. Maybe not for all chat types, but some of them, such as /say should include a chat bubble to help communicate with players who are not paying attention. Reasons for this? Say you are running around and see a big group of enemy players. You run the other way and you see a random dude gathering. You use /say to tell him "Hey dude, becareful, there is a ton of enemies over there". Boom, now you just communicated with him and gave him a heads up. If he wasnt paying attention to chat, the chat bubble above your head will give him a visual heads up.
  • Opening the map causes a lag hiccup. This is a decently talked about issue among players via outside sources and in game chat. No one finds it enjoyable that checking the map causes a lag spike.
  • Map icons for group members. People want to be able to open the map and see a little pin showing the current position of their group members. Its not crazy for people to want to be able to see where their party is on the map.
  • A pinging system for the map. There should be a way to ping a position on the map and have your party be able to see the ping, maybe even your faction if you link it in chat (For example how FF14 allows you to ping a location and then post it in chat for others to see).
  • Group Leaders should be able to place icons above their party members. This is also a pretty standard thing in modern MMOs. Place a icon above your healer to let everyone know "Protect this person". Put a icon over your shot caller to let the group know "This is the player we need to hang around so when he/she calls a target, we are on the same page".
  • Hitting "W" key while auto run is enabled SHOULD stop auto run. This is a MMO standard, and once again Crowfall is missing that, Just because Crowfall is meant to feel "old school" doesn't mean it should be missing the most basic QoL features.

Thats a few majors pieces of feedback that I personally have as well as feedback I have seen the community talk about A LOT inside and outside of the game.

Glad to see electrum got changed back to the correct recipe. Would also like to see some more streamlined blacksmithing recipes. There are a bunch of mismatches between metal bars, metal rings, metal plates, and other ore processing pieces. I believe it's blue steel does crush pen on metal bars, and slash protection on armor. Forest aurelium is another big one. Several of them are either swapped or I believe in one case three that are shifted to another.

It should be intuitive for someone who makes weapons to know what goes into the same type of stat armor, instead of having to memorize several recipe tables.

44 minutes ago, Gameshark123 said:

Glad to see electrum got changed back to the correct recipe. Would also like to see some more streamlined blacksmithing recipes. There are a bunch of mismatches between metal bars, metal rings, metal plates, and other ore processing pieces. I believe it's blue steel does crush pen on metal bars, and slash protection on armor. Forest aurelium is another big one. Several of them are either swapped or I believe in one case three that are shifted to another.

It should be intuitive for someone who makes weapons to know what goes into the same type of stat armor, instead of having to memorize several recipe tables.

What would also be nice, especially for people who are new to the crafting system is a UI tooltip that appears when you put in a certain combo of items, the tooltip will state what stat will come out of the proposed combo of resources. That would help out new Crafters a lot.

9 hours ago, Cirka said:

The nerf to Sustain should not be given to Archers and Brigands. By doing this you guys are showing the playerbase you do not know how to properly target over performing sub-specs. Thats a BIG issue for a game that is not only a PvP focused game, but also a game that requires a ton of investment into ones character. Neither the Archer nor the Brigand are in a spot that requires any nerfs as of now. The best course of action would to be to increase the Wardens Ult cost on Sustain when they pick up the Warden Sub-Spec in the Talent tree and have it only effect them if thats the skill you wish to nerf.

Just to reiterate since this was on the previous thread. Brigand has a slight buff to compensate for the Sustain nerf. Meanwhile Archer only has a straight nerf on an already weak promotion. I would suggest a separate buff to Archer like Brigand will get. Or as part of the Archer promotion upgrade, you get an upgrade to Sustain, which makes it behave like the Sustain currently on Live. Otherwise Archer will become even more weak, as they have low mobility and defences, and other classes can easily close the gap.

Smoldering Hatred 
Smoldering Hatred orbs no longer appear directly underneath your target.

Interesting! I will be on test again just to see where they appear.

Three things. 

Fae wings should not be clipped.

Assassin ult change is over the top.

Ranger ult change leaves a large number of ranger builds energy starved. This means many non trap focused builds become next to useless, forcing the trap  meta even more. A better solution would be to limit minor traps disciplines to two, and possibly reduce the trap damage slightly. I don't understand the need to gut all ranger builds, just to fix the complaints many have with specifically trap built wardens. I'm also not convinced they are that broken, as another class has a promotion that can easily out sustain them, while spamming neck-breakers(note: I am not calling for nerfs there either). 

Plus a show stopper.

The NPE can be broken in many places on both the test server, and on live. Huebald being one of the specific ones easily broken causing a permanent ? following you everywhere that can never be resolved. There really needs to be a reset/ abandon feature. I am debating remaking my frostweaver on live to get past this bug. Near as I can tell it's caused by talking to Huebald before the NPE specifically sends you through the gate to talk with him, and then going back, which results in getting to huebald and him not being able to be triggered/talked with.

Dirge feedback. the change to lunge was great until I realized that you cant use lunge without a target anymore. This represents two nerfs to the ability.

1. Much less mobility in small group and solo settings for escape and repositioning
  2. If you don't line up the target you wont move and you wont hit anyone. on live server lunge always moves you even if you miss the target with the attack.

Duelist in general doesn't have access to the fencer major discipline?? the icon is a freaking rapier for crying out loud. I want access to fencer so badly on duelist it hurts. FEAR ME VINDICATORS. Assassin and ranger both get fencer but no domains and no duelist. While you are overhauling duelist please consider whether fencer makes sense from a design standpoint.

EDIT:
I concur with the feedback on rangers. Warden is the problem but the change to the ultimate is going to push all three class down in viability. This WILL NOT change the occurrence rate of wardens compared to other ranger specs. It will push Archer even further from viability.

Edited by icesharkk

6 minutes ago, Glory said:

Duelist cooldowns are still longer to comparable skills on other classes. Please lower those cooldowns, or give access to power efficiency in the stat tree somewhere.

Just run weapon finesse.

43 minutes ago, icesharkk said:

Dirge feedback. the change to lunge was great until I realized that you cant use lunge without a target anymore. This represents two nerfs to the ability.

1. Much less mobility in small group and solo settings for escape and repositioning
  2. If you don't line up the target you wont move and you wont hit anyone. on live server lunge always moves you even if you miss the target with the attack.

Duelist in general doesn't have access to the fencer major discipline?? the icon is a freaking rapier for crying out loud. I want access to fencer so badly on duelist it hurts. FEAR ME VINDICATORS. Assassin and ranger both get fencer but no domains and no duelist. While you are overhauling duelist please consider whether fencer makes sense from a design standpoint.

EDIT:
I concur with the feedback on rangers. Warden is the problem but the change to the ultimate is going to push all three class down in viability. This WILL NOT change the occurrence rate of wardens compared to other ranger specs. It will push Archer even further from viability.

What do you mean by push archer even further from viability lol? They are currently one of the best subclasses in the game in all scale, 1v1, small and large......

Edited by Malikaia