Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Founders’ Update: A New Update, The Shadow, is revealed

Gordon Walton, co-founder of ArtCraft Entertainment, here with our week three post-launch Founders Update.  This update will cover the state of the Live service right now and a quick look at what’s coming next.  Click here to read more. 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

43 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

Gordon Walton, co-founder of ArtCraft Entertainment, here with our week three post-launch Founders Update.  This update will cover the state of the Live service right now and a quick look at what’s coming next.  Click here to read more. 

So only one dregs next cw?  So people can't dodge unless they go to FvFvF?  Good news. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

yesss. For a  small guild this will be lot more fun. this feels a bit like wvw from guild wars 2. i do think though there needs to be more opportunities for sea/oceanic guilds. so maybe have forts be vulnerable during those times too form time to time.

12 minutes ago, yianni said:

Handshake sieges and alliance scoring when? 

I know they said handshakes are coming,  Is alliance scoring coming?  Don't they already have that? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

For me in Europe I thought that the maps had a good size in dregs, we just didn't have enough people present

If we have only one dregs for everyone I understand that the maps are bigger

7 hours ago, RetroSweater said:

Any info on guild size reduction?

There are many games for small guilds.

Edited by arkh

My hopes was for ah higher cap. 

In my humble opinion, with a zone cap of 250 while a guild can number 500 (and an alliance 2500) is still easy locking a zone.   

Is this raise just a first step?

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

Worlwide Dregs : Can't wait to have to play at 4 AM to defend our keep ;)

I hope ACE either put different Forts and Keeps timers, or are planning to have the Handshake sieges feature to be ready really soon.

Does that mean we won't get any other dregs but US EAST? Cause playing there as EU player is not gonna do any good to our playerbase.

2 hours ago, Lyeos said:

Worlwide Dregs : Can't wait to have to play at 4 AM to defend our keep ;)

I hope ACE either put different Forts and Keeps timers, or are planning to have the Handshake sieges feature to be ready really soon.

They've done combined NA/EU campaigns in the past that had different forts and keeps that went live during primetime for each region. Hopefully they plan to do that again if they want a worldwide dregs.

IhhQKY6.gif

14 minutes ago, Jah said:

They've done combined NA/EU campaigns in the past that had different forts and keeps that went live during primetime for each region. Hopefully they plan to do that again if they want a worldwide dregs.

I hope so. But that doesn't change the ping factor. We can already see people complaining about having to fight with a ping. Which was already a problem on the unpopulated TEST server.

2 minutes ago, Lyeos said:

I hope so. But that doesn't change the ping factor. We can already see people complaining about having to fight with a ping. Which was already a problem on the unpopulated TEST server.

Yea, people don't like high ping. But I've seen lots of people say that they could play competitively on NA East from EU, and when I've played from NA East on EU I barely noticed any problem. Crowfall is pretty forgiving with ping. My guild plays on NA East and we have members who play from EU, Australia, and elsewhere without problems. In practice it isn't a big problem. It's mostly a perception problem because people are used to it mattering more in other games.

IhhQKY6.gif

59 minutes ago, Lyeos said:

Ive played on NA server for more then 2 years, and ping is really not a problem in crowfall, if you are around 140ms as most of the europe is, you will do just fine.

Edited by muffins

1 hour ago, Jah said:

The Devs also said, after the last shared NA/EU campaign that they will never do this again. SO not sure if it's gonna be that easy

2 minutes ago, muffins said:

Ive played on NA server for more then 2 years, and ping is really not a problem in crowfall, if you are around 140ms as most of the europe is you will do just fine.

Ping in Crowfall is a nice to have and some of the issues with it seem to be fixed ont he 7.000 (like the archer being stuck in animation for 5s not being able to do anything charged).