Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Make a Dregs server for guilds of 100 players or less.

So there are a few really big guilds out there which I think would have more fun playing against other large guilds. While the smaller guilds will not have such a great time fighting them. However if you make a dregs server that allows for guilds of 100 or less only or even 50 or less would be a great change. This way the smaller guilds can be competitive and allow them to grow while in the little guild dregs. Also you would have to have a thing where only older guilds can join it. So not guilds that were just made. That way people cant split their large guild into a bunch of little ones to join the dregs. I think it would be great. 

Also on a relatively unrelated note, add more things to fight. More variation in mobs and such. I get sick of seeing the exact same few types of mobs everywhere. More variation is good. Along with that a more varied world. So have like jungle like maps and desert maps even. The main change would be the wood and you could have multiple types of wood work for the same thing. So like bamboo or something acts the same as ash for example when it comes to crafting. Sure it would be a bit more work and have more spaces taken up in inventories but it would add a tasty variation to the look and feel of the game.

SUPER off topic. Please add a melee class that uses spears. Long spear = dps, Short spear + shield = tank and Javelin + shield, be both melee and range. Main stat Dex. For the long spear Mid amount of CC, high damage and high skill cap for survival but making it very survivable if player knows class well and builds properly. The other two can follow the same type of changes that other classes have from their dps spec.

6 minutes ago, Carupa said:

That way people cant split their large guild into a bunch of little ones to join the dregs.

And I am sure those "separate" guilds would never work together and crush the smaller guilds, nope, they would never do that.

I am also sure actual separate guilds would never work together forming unofficial alliances and crush the smaller guilds. That would never happen.

3 minutes ago, SudoInitSix said:

And I am sure those "separate" guilds would never work together and crush the smaller guilds, nope, they would never do that.

I am also sure actual separate guilds would never work together forming unofficial alliances and crush the smaller guilds. That would never happen.

This has happened, does happen, and will happen. Nevertheless, not having the infrastructure advantage of shared keeps & no friendly fire is of significant consequence. It is why the pre-alliances dregs was the most fun and interesting dregs.

10 hours ago, Carupa said:

So there are a few really big guilds out there which I think would have more fun playing against other large guilds. While the smaller guilds will not have such a great time fighting them. However if you make a dregs server that allows for guilds of 100 or less only or even 50 or less would be a great change. This way the smaller guilds can be competitive and allow them to grow while in the little guild dregs. Also you would have to have a thing where only older guilds can join it. So not guilds that were just made. That way people cant split their large guild into a bunch of little ones to join the dregs. I think it would be great. 

Also on a relatively unrelated note, add more things to fight. More variation in mobs and such. I get sick of seeing the exact same few types of mobs everywhere. More variation is good. Along with that a more varied world. So have like jungle like maps and desert maps even. The main change would be the wood and you could have multiple types of wood work for the same thing. So like bamboo or something acts the same as ash for example when it comes to crafting. Sure it would be a bit more work and have more spaces taken up in inventories but it would add a tasty variation to the look and feel of the game.

SUPER off topic. Please add a melee class that uses spears. Long spear = dps, Short spear + shield = tank and Javelin + shield, be both melee and range. Main stat Dex. For the long spear Mid amount of CC, high damage and high skill cap for survival but making it very survivable if player knows class well and builds properly. The other two can follow the same type of changes that other classes have from their dps spec.

Go play factions if you’re guild isn’t able to compete in dregs.  Factions is literally designed for guilds who lack the pop and infrastructure to compete in dregs.  Why split a very small pop so you can get the rewards for dregs but none of the intended play style.  Dregs is their intended large guilds to fight with little hand holding for those that want dominance.  There’s no shame in being a small guild in factions but whinging to get the game changed to suit you when you don’t want to work for it is shameful. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Go play factions if you’re guild isn’t able to compete in dregs.  Factions is literally designed for guilds who lack the pop and infrastructure to compete in dregs.  Why split a very small pop so you can get the rewards for dregs but none of the intended play style.  Dregs is their intended large guilds to fight with little hand holding for those that want dominance.  There’s no shame in being a small guild in factions but whinging to get the game changed to suit you when you don’t want to work for it is shameful. 

I love this. Your reply is to play something that doesnt currently exist in game. 

If youre worried about the population splitting, somethings got to change because that means its too low in the first place.

But yea that population split will happen inevitably in dregs when factions gets released next week or whatever, it will certainly remove most sheep from your dregs as they move on to faction campaigns and you can continue to fight the other big guilds in peace

9 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Population is small because most small guilds are quitting the game. It soon becomes pointless to play this game if you are in a small guild since you can't really progress beyond white vessel if you don't go to dreg. Getting massacred by big alliances 20 vs 5 (and the 20 are better equipped) rapidly becomes boring so small guilds quit. 

Having a less than 50 player guild dregs is not a bad idea. It wouldn't split player, it would bring back players that left the game because they can't progress vs zergs. 250 max alliance would also pair nicely with the zone cap (250 soon). 

Also, you don't have the monopoly on how dregs should be played. If small guilds wants to compete guild vs guild, why force them to compete vs guilds 10 time their size? Is that the intended design or is it your idea of the intended design?

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I love this. Your reply is to play something that doesnt currently exist in game. 

It will be here next week according to the devs.  They custarded up not launching with it. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, Galahorn said:

Is that the intended design or is it your idea of the intended design?

They want small guilds to form alliances to combat other guilds.  They have stated this.  

wiDfyPp.png

30 minutes ago, mandalore said:

They want small guilds to form alliances to combat other guilds.  They have stated this.  

...And what is the point of that when the other 'mega zerg' guilds are all allied to each other? 

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

...And what is the point of that when the other 'mega zerg' guilds are all allied to each other? 

What insurmountable guild do you think can't be beaten? 

wiDfyPp.png

What insurmountable guild do you think can't be beaten? 

Bro are you that thick? Like its not 1 guild it is the 500 man guilds that ally with other 500 man guilds. I am not complaining about 1 guild. If you really don't think this would help the game you really are special. Also my guild is doing just fine in dregs, not top 3 but top 7 and we are a rather small guild of actives. I proposed it because it would be great for the company to do with their game, it would give the dregs experience to guilds who want it but cant compete against 1500 ppl alliances. If the idea is to have small guilds ally to fight large ones then the large guilds should not be able to ally it just makes sense. It is quite frankly poor game design if that was the intention. Grow a brain before your next comment please mandalore.

34 minutes ago, Carupa said:

Bro are you that thick? Like its not 1 guild it is the 500 man guilds that ally with other 500 man guilds. I am not complaining about 1 guild. If you really don't think this would help the game you really are special. Also my guild is doing just fine in dregs, not top 3 but top 7 and we are a rather small guild of actives. I proposed it because it would be great for the company to do with their game, it would give the dregs experience to guilds who want it but cant compete against 1500 ppl alliances. If the idea is to have small guilds ally to fight large ones then the large guilds should not be able to ally it just makes sense. It is quite frankly poor game design if that was the intention. Grow a brain before your next comment please mandalore.

Yes and name an example of one of these 500 man guilds allied with another 500 man guild that you think cannot be defeated.  You an east or west player? 

wiDfyPp.png

14 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Yes and name an example of one of these 500 man guilds allied with another 500 man guild that you think cannot be defeated.  You an east or west player? 

Defeated by who? Small guilds? LOL good luck with alllllll that

36 minutes ago, Jubileet said:

Defeated by who? Small guilds? LOL good luck with alllllll that

You're not supposed to if you choose to remain small. 

wiDfyPp.png

17 hours ago, mandalore said:

One of the selling points Ace put out their was the ability to make different types of campaigns for different play styles.

@mandalore who do you think you are trying to shut down this ? 

5 minutes ago, mandalore said:

You're not supposed to if you choose to remain small. 

So in other words small guilds are supposed to.......hmm play somewhere where they dont get munched out by the big guilds theyre not supposed to fight? Hmmm maybe like a new dregs campaign full of small guilds only....hmmm where would we find that? Lets ask the OP!

"Free for all" campaigns where everyone was forced to be solo and unguilded were cancelled very early on. You literally can not prevent people who want to cooperate with each other from doing so unless you're willing to employ a literal army of GMs to babysit a design that is incapable of running itself.

I don't know why people keep having the exact same conversation on these forums. The answers don't change. Changing guild or alliance caps doesn't actually prevent zergs. It just changes how many different color shields are in the zerg and how many directions they attack you from.

I don't know how many threads people are going to make suggesting the same thing and keep getting the same answers about why it won't solve the problem they think it will solve.

You can either have balanced fights, or open PvP. Pick one. BDO is built around balanced fights and penalties for "unfairness" New world is built around flagging and instanced sieges. If you're looking for a game built around balanced fights rather than freedom to just do whatever you want I really don't understand why you'd play crowfall in the first place. From its inception it was pretty clear the goal of the game is to assemble players in to massive armies and have them fight each other. That massive army is either a guild, alliance, or faction. The game never sold or advertised itself as a game where you run around and have 10v10s all day, and actively does everything it can to make fights bigger with more people in them, not smaller with less.

The obvious exception here is hunger dome which, TBH, was kind of just a desperate cry for esports dollars anyway, and is a mode that the creative director himself said he only wants to open as a special event because their focus is the MMO, not the battle royale minigame.

Like I don't wanna be that guy that's like "well log out then" but honestly, truly, I don't get this desire to look at a game that says "come participate in massive battles and crush your enemies" and buys that game and then goes "wait I don't want to play a game about massive battles I want matchmade 10v10s"

Like why invest all this effort in to trying to change crowfall in to something its not rather than just playing the stuff that is already way way better at doing that thing I guess is my question. Its like playing tetris and complaining that its not pacman or something.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"