Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My team wants to try Dregs. What is death penalty there?

Drop all except equipped or Drop all including equipped?

Want to know what backups we need to buy/craft and what we should prep for. 

Also, what is the best wiki, doc, site, etc to go to for info like this? 

8 minutes ago, BucDen said:

Drop all except equipped or Drop all including equipped?

Want to know what backups we need to buy/craft and what we should prep for. 

Also, what is the best wiki, doc, site, etc to go to for info like this? 

Equipped is safe.  If you roll up with small group and aren’t going to join an alliance you’re going to get smashed by the existing guilds.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Equipped is safe.  If you roll up with small group and aren’t going to join an alliance you’re going to get smashed by the existing guilds.  

Thanks for the heads up. I think we'll steer clear until we can find some allies. 

13 minutes ago, BucDen said:

Thanks for the heads up. I think we'll steer clear until we can find some allies. 

I’m notoriously cranky about this game so don’t just not try Bc I said it will suck.  Find allies.  There’s plenty of people in the same boat.  Start something.  Don’t just not try Bc a grumpy guy said it was hard. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

I'm going to take the lead here because I've actually run a small crowfall guild for like five years surrounded by the same guilds stomping around in dregs right now.

Mandalore is only partly correct.

You're going to get smashed by the existing guilds if you are trying to do the things they are doing.

The game has many systems in place so that you don't have to do those things to get really well rewarded.

Your small group can definitely play competitively for most divine favor or the % tier conquest cards. Its just a matter of adopting realistic goals.

Top 3 conquest and ultimate win? You're going to get wrecked. Don't try to do that. Don't worry about keeps. Don't worry about forts. These are not for you.

Top 60% or higher in one or more divine favor categories? Definitely achievable for a small guild. Prioritize a gameplay pattern that puts those objectives front and center. Pray to rngesus for power cards that don't involve keeps. By virtue of not doing constant keep grinding you have a lot more time free to devote to them than larger guilds, and many of those cards calculate score per member so your actions are actually more valuable for those cards than the larger guilds. In beta I and many other small guilds successfully ran away with these objectives, at times even winning the total divine favor board because the larger guilds are simply too busy with conquest score or have too many members.

Conquest point rewards? Also definitely achievable for smaller groups. The lowest tier of conquest rewards is literally "get any points at all" and then there are tiers for top 80%, 60%, 40%, and 20% because large guilds are typically a small portion of the total conquest scoreboard, the vast majority of competition for those rewards is you versus other small guilds over outposts. I field somewhere between 4 and 8 active players a day and we're sitting in the top 20% on conquest score while having not even really entered the campaign until it was halfway over. The secret? Be obsessive and efficient in your pursuit of outpost points, and pay close attention to your actual competition in the form of small guilds. If the top five guilds cap outposts, that's not really going to hurt your placing as they're always going to have a much higher conquest score. However those guilds only make up a fraction of the top twenty percent of the conquest scoreboard and what you need to focus on is anything in the way of getting in to and staying in that bracket.

Your life as a small guild in dregs is not about power, and its not about event schedules. You are not the reigning power, and your primetime is all the time. Getting rewards in dregs, for you, is about strategy and perseverance. If you learn to think like bandits in a world full of warring armies, you can absolutely make out like bandits too. You will work harder than big alliances. You will get rolled over from time to time. However, with strategy and perseverance, you will win the fights that matter, you will win objectives that matter, you will win loot, and you will have far, far less people you have to share it with.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Ya, i roĺl alone a lot and i have no trouble.

You just gotta manage your expectations. You wont control stuff. Like, at all.

At best you can cap something like a rez temporarily, but you risk attracting enemies.

But farming? PvP? More than doable. Just gotta be smart.

Edited by BarriaKarl

I still advocate for find an alliance and getting in the conquest.  If nobody is trying to win the game who’s whole thing is “you can win” the. The game is fubar’d.  

wiDfyPp.png

6 hours ago, mandalore said:

I still advocate for find an alliance and getting in the conquest.  If nobody is trying to win the game who’s whole thing is “you can win” the. The game is fubar’d.  

I agree that the game would be better if everyone subbed to FOEX.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

41 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

I agree that the game would be better if everyone subbed to FOEX.

I'll bring that up but it's gona be a hard sell...

wiDfyPp.png

10 hours ago, BucDen said:

You don't need allies.  A small guerilla group from a small guild can go in and wipe out camps of farmers, same as one from a large guild can.  Now if you stick around and try to keep farming the farmers, you're going to find yourself outgunned in a hurry.  Hit and run, stay on the move and don't hang around enemy keeps and you can do just fine.  Don't be afraid to go fight in Dregs just because your guild isn't part of one of the big 3 alliances.