Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.000 Public Test Server Feedback for 7/30/2021

Test Patch Notes,  and Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported

Please share any bugs you noticed while playing the game, these are objective issues with gameplay. Overall feedback or opinions on systems should be directed to Test Feedback

If you can provide us with the steps you used to create the bug (reproducible steps), an image or even a short video clip that would be ideal and aid us in getting the bug entered properly into our tracking software. Additionally, if you run across a bug on LIVE, can you please try to reproduce it on our Test server as well and let us know if you're successful. 

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs, or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Waiting for 7/29/2021 Patch Notes as well as 7/30/2021 (The current feedback thread) Patch notes.

Edit:

1 hour ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

So looks like this link is not directing properly, thats why it looks like the patch notes are not posted. Should be directing here: https://community.crowfall.com/forum/328-public-test-server-news-and-information/ instead.

Edited by Cirka

40 minutes ago, Safwanish said:

I am going to post this again because you all will keep making people lose their gold. @ArtCraftQA

You can still lose 50k due to being able to buy magical coin and add it to blue toolkit belt and lose the entire 50k because game allows you to do that. no one knows and no warning comes letting us know that this magical coin is only for legendary belt. 

this bug was first reported 43 days ago here and I see no action is taken. People like me will continue to lose significant amount of money (50k is no change) and quit the game like I just did because that was all my money. 

here's the bug videos anyways. (ignore the audio)

Just a heads up 

Specifically - 

Crafting

• Coins will no longer be eaten when upgrading belts in crafting. The craft will fail and give all items back.

Looks like this has been fixed for ya.

Edited by Cirka

If you guys want us to go on Test and play around there, it probably wasn't the greatest idea to take all the free crafting materials, free discs and leveling dust out with this patch.  I went on there this morning and was going to try a new build only to find all that stuff gone so I logged out.

Yeah me and some friends logged on to test some of the class changes and saw that there were not chests or discs vendors and dipped.

We wanted to test changes not do the story line again just to have gear and money to test changes.

Most MMOs have some sort of booster/gearing thing on the test server to test. This should be a permit thing.

13 minutes ago, Necriam said:

Yeah me and some friends logged on to test some of the class changes and saw that there were not chests or discs vendors and dipped.

We wanted to test changes not do the story line again just to have gear and money to test changes.

Most MMOs have some sort of booster/gearing thing on the test server to test. This should be a permit thing.

There are chest and disc vendors in the starting world campaign where you can get all kinds of materials, gold, etc, for free,

52 minutes ago, Glory said:

There are chest and disc vendors in the starting world campaign where you can get all kinds of materials, gold, etc, for free,

As I stated a couple of posts up, they were not there this morning.  It was like a normal GR on Live.

There is currently a huge elephant in the room regarding the upcoming Shadows, and the current state of it on the Test server.

It seems like a massive oversight if it's so easy to switch factions during the campaign. What is being done to stop it? In it's current form in the test server, there is nothing to stop people switching faction and piling on to get that easy win.

4 minutes ago, LashLash said:

There is currently a huge elephant in the room regarding the upcoming Shadows, and the current state of it on the Test server.

It seems like a massive oversight if it's so easy to switch factions during the campaign. What is being done to stop it? In it's current form in the test server, there is nothing to stop people switching faction and piling on to get that easy win.

Yuuuup. same old same old, nothing in the patch notes addressing the REAL issues.

Wrain

14 minutes ago, Wrain said:

Yuuuup. same old same old, nothing in the patch notes addressing the REAL issues.

Wrain

The way they have set up the guild, pantheon and faction system for guilds seems to be that this is something outside of a campaign server they need to resolve as well. It just needs clarification as to what the steps being taken are.

well, .. I can remember when you couldn't switch factions until the next campaign....so it used to be that way.....  so why couldn't it now?

Though , TBH, everyone will glom onto the strongest faction after a cycle or two.... seen this episode before...it'll be laughable! Rerun from literally 3 years ago.... People will gripe at ACE about how overbalanced factions are killing "Shadow".. 

8 hours ago, Glory said:

I'm looking at them right now, below is a screenshot. You guys sure you aren't in the Shadow or Dregs Test?

cl1AvQ3.png

Yeah, I'm sure because after they weren't there, I went out to the Ranger camp to use the test dummies for a little bit before I logged out and that isn't there on the Dregs temples.  I just tried to log into test and it started patching so I imagine they realized their omission and fixed it sometime yesterday after I tried to play.

Feedback on Shadow campaigns:

• Primarily Faction Based Rewards are not a good idea. They encourage people to exploit the faction system for rewards. Would recommend primary rewards for Shadow be personal contribution based, or guild based.
    • I suppose this would require something akin to Alliance scoring in Dregs, which is why it isn't available. If you have any alternatives currently available I would encourage you to consider them.
  • When you have the resources, I would put effort towards faction themed cosmetics as the only achievable Faction Based Rewards.
    • Really looking forward to having NPC Vendors that take some kind of Shadow/Dregs rewards currency.
  • Some form of Population Balancing needs to be in effect along with locking accounts to a faction for the length of a campaign, even if you unlock characters, or your guild faction changes, etc. I haven't seen any discussion on this from the dev team.
  • Some form of Underdog Buff is likely needed to make the campaign more fun if one faction is getting steamrolled. I haven't seen any discussion on this from the dev team.
  • If not in Dregs, then please at least consider the quoted suggestion below for addition to Shadow. The suggestion is on adding variety in scale of conflict by varying zone caps and partitioning. I think this would create spaces that provided different PvP experiences that would feel like they add more available activities and cater to different communities of players within the same campaign world.

Lack of variety in gameplay: there should be a variety of zones with different PvP objectives, varying zone caps, and strict zone cap partitioning (6, 12, 24 per alliance/faction) within campaigns to focus the conflict at a particular size scale and provide different experiences. Benefits of this approach are:

1. Creates a more inclusive campaign environment that provides areas for more varied gameplay experiences than the current arms race focused gameplay.
  2. Serves multiple communities within a single campaign world so that the community is not split across multiple, non-interacting worlds with different rules.
  3. Provides areas to bridge new players and new guilds into the campaigns in a kind of LowSec like space so that they can get their feet wet, make connections, and form alliances.
  4. Provides areas to go to quickly and reliably find conflict that fits your group size and desired mode of play, thus making it possible for more players to find an experience that fits their expectations and desired mode of play.
  5. Is additive to, and does not detract from the large scale open world PvP focused community