Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Moving goal posts on PVP campaigns 9 hours before close

icesharkk

Are you custard serious?

The change: guild must score 100 points to be considered for conquest rewards. 

The problem: You are applying this retroactively to the current dregs campaign. Delaying reward distribution so we cant prepare for the upcoming FvF. and knocking guilds that put in actual effort out of rewards tiers with basically no notification.

custard wow. I'd argue this is a great change if its part of the rules from the beginning. But to change the rules on the last day of the campaign is beyond scummy. You made a mistake with the rules and your players are profiting from following your rules. Good thing none of your play tested told you about this interaction years ago so you could sort it out NOT IN THE LAST 9 HOURS OF YOUR FIRST LIVE CAMPAIGN.

I want my money back. You have made me feel worked over.

EDIT: are you kidding me. your forum changes my cuss words in to custards?

Edited by icesharkk

yea this is pretty bogus, i Agree, it shouldn't of been a thing, you should only be able to get rewards from one campaign, but the devs overlooked it, and they should just pay for their mistake, you don't change it last minute like that. Absolutely bonkers to do something like that. Imagine you're in a game of basketball and the last 3 minutes the rules alter to make you lose lol. Just a meme tbh, bad mistake from the devs, again I agree it  shouldn't of been allowed from the start, but it was until the last minute. Bogus.

These changes absolutely make sense, but not retrospectively. Punishing players for playing within the boundaries the dev's set is just going to upset people and push players away. Even a few days notice so guilds that were close to 100 could crunch a little harder to get past that point.

Edited by Hork_Bajir

Lock guilds to only one campaign so they cant pull this poorly made dergs. only allow a guild from receiving each reward tier once across all campaigns. set a point minimum at the beginning. there are so many ways to have fixed this based on the last 2 years of feedback. Instead they are kneejerking this like it is still a custard alpha.

Just now, dolmar said:

Personally i think this is a step in the right direction. If they dont do this the economy will be ruined. 

its the right change. but at the wrong time. its scummy and cowardly. their failure to plan should not punish players. so now only the giant guilds are getting good rewards. we were #30 of 300 2 days ago. now we are #30 of 67. Way to make all our work feel wasted in the last minute. and its the right change i agree with addressing this problem. just not at the cost of the current players broken expectations.

TLDR:

Exploiters are complaining because their exploit got fixed by the developers (it would have been a great damage to the game's economy, also with the trial accounts that they wanted to use to enlarge their scope of exploiting).

THANK YOU DEVELOPERS, FOR FIXING THIS EXPLOIT !!!!!!!!

Thank you to all that also got involved in bringing this to the attention of the developers.

People that threaten to leave the game because they couldn't exploit the last minute, i think you will not be missed and wish you gl with your next game o7.

This people also don't represent anywhere close to the majority of the player base. Exploiters gona try and try even if it means that they gona complain shameless here.

Edited by Norward

1 hour ago, Blowfeld said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4719446

ACE surely know how to treat their loyal fans with respect 😂

Who makes all these bad decisions???

Calm down. It's called "Soft Launch". Things like that are to be expected in a soft launch. 

And as @icesharkk said: It's more fixing an unacceptable glitch than a change of rules.

1 hour ago, Blowfeld said:

ACE surely know how to treat their loyal fans with respect 😂

Who makes all these bad decisions???

Probably the same person who felt it was justified to go onto the official forums and trash their own playerbase and make fun of them, by saying "If you want Australian servers, then you gotta get more australians to play".

The man himself, Gordon Walton, who was also responsible for destroying Star Wars Galaxies with his infamous NGE overhaul.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

32 minutes ago, Norward said:

TLDR:

Exploiters are complaining because their exploit got fixed by the developers (it would have been a great damage to the game's economy, also with the trial accounts that they wanted to use to enlarge their scope of exploiting).

THANK YOU DEVELOPERS, FOR FIXING THIS EXPLOIT !!!!!!!!

Thank you to all that also got involved in bringing this to the attention of the developers.

People that threaten to leave the game because they couldn't exploit the last minute, i think you will not be missed and wish you gl with your next game o7.

This people also don't represent anywhere close to the majority of the player base. Exploiters gona try and try even if it means that they gona complain shameless here.

Let 's be clear here. I'm upset because the guild I've been running with in imerlin from the start had our rank changed from 30/~300 to 30/66 9 hours before the end of the campaign. we've been fighting to stay top 20% all week. we haven't played on other servers, we havent made new accounts, we only have 12 active PVPers. Its been an absolute blast. Before the huge increase in one-man-wonder guilds getting 4 points in dregs we were in top 20%. Now because everyojne is exploiting the devs have chosen a solution that affects EVERYONE not just the exploiters, and they've implemented it with only 9 hours left in the campaign.

I think the are making one of the correct fix actions to prevent future abuse I'm not happy that it is going to have such a negative affect on our standing in the current campagin. I'm also unhappy that the rewards are going to go out later so our guild cant even set up and prepare for the FvF campaign. We're small those rewards were going to be HUGE for us. The build guilds are already way ahead, every little bit counts so much more for us.

We've been running the numbers and building up expectations and excitement based on the existing ruleset. ACE has violated that spoken agreement on rules and moved the goalpost. Even though this wont actually affect us in the long run this is a poorly handled fix results in broken expectations. I will not be trusting the devs decision making in the future if this is how they handle things. I expect whatever brilliant strategy is used next campaign to result in a mid campaign rules fix that screws over the little guy again