Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

August VIP Reward - Blackguard's Shadowstrike Sigil

The Blackguard's Shadowstrike Sigil is a mark of honor. Those who place the Sigil on their chest say they can feel the presence of the wind. Wear this Sigil and know the unseen ones watch over you as you wander the Dying Worlds. Walk with the Wind.

• This Sigil, when equipped, gives the Crow wearing it a bonus stat of +2% Damage!
  • This is granted as a gift from the Gods to VIP Members in August.

vip-for_social-aug021_copy.jpg

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT VIP:

• +100% Increase in Vault Space
  • +100% Increase in Campaign World Bank Space
  • Exclusive Monthly Rewards
  • Bonus Crowns Grants

And more! 

Visit: Crowfall.com/VIP for all the details!

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Get this 2% damage buff. Awesome. So cool. Hey also crowfallers if u want to be apart of the market pay $60 for a cottage and u get 1 vender stall but wait pay $60 for a fort lodge but u cant place it so then pay another $150 to place it on ur land. YEAH NOW YOU TOO ARE APART OF THE MARKET. Awesome stuff. So cool. Hey but u can aslo earn this in game just mine 1million of Stone,Wood, and Ore. So cool. We care about our players. Purchase ur spot in the marketplace today!

Dear Tiggs,

Take this message back to the powers that be please.  While a lot of the stuff people have accused of being pay to win are just convenience items (free respecs, fast level 25 for example), this item does fit the definition of pay to win.  While a 2% damage buff is pretty minor, you can't get this item elsewhere so awarding it only to VIP players is a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad (get my point yet?) idea.  I'm a VIP player and likely will be for as long as I play this game, but I do not want this item.  Get rid of it and don't let it go live.

21 minutes ago, Osprey39 said:

Dear Tiggs,

While a 2% damage buff is pretty minor, you can't get this item elsewhere so awarding it only to VIP players is a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad (get my point yet?) idea. 

You can also get the same thing for participating in events. You're basically just getting a different cosmetic look for something most people either already have or can easily get thru events. 

17 minutes ago, Voromiir said:

This is P2W. 

If "The Three Bs" weren't given away for free for a couple years, then I'd agree. However, they have been given away at quite a few events, and the plans are to eventually have them as loot drops or craftable. 

Source: https://crowfall.com/en-US/news/articles/accessories-how-to-win-the-malekai-crest/  

1 hour ago, BucDen said:

If "The Three Bs" weren't given away for free for a couple years, then I'd agree. However, they have been given away at quite a few events, and the plans are to eventually have them as loot drops or craftable. 

Source: https://crowfall.com/en-US/news/articles/accessories-how-to-win-the-malekai-crest/  

Until they are found in game and anyone can obtain them at anytime, this is paying for advantage plain and simple.

3 hours ago, BucDen said:

Think about it... the game has just "released" and you're talking about this item being available for years makin it not p2w. I think that makes the p2w argument even stronger than weaker - earlier you have been able to achieve it as an event reward, now it is locked behind a paywall (I assume no such events are around currently, but correct me if I'm wrong). While surely most of the players had been around way before launch, I think a p2w argument should especially evolve around a potential new player's perspective, as this is what everyone interested in trying a new MMO would be looking out for.

unknown.png

Königreich Falkenstein - besucht uns einfach auf Discord: https://discord.gg/ZkakNYQFtd

4 hours ago, APE said:

Until they are found in game and anyone can obtain them at anytime, this is paying for advantage plain and simple.

Agreed, though I would rephrase it to "giving an advantage to those who pay".  I'm not paying for VIP to get this silly trinket and as I said above, I don't want it.

They need to keep these VIP rewards to cosmetic items and easily farmable stuff only.  I enjoy this game, but one of the reasons I avoid asian MMOs is that they tend to be heavy P2W games.  I won't reward companies that do that.

11 hours ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

The Blackguard's Shadowstrike Sigil is a mark of honor. Those who place the Sigil on their chest say they can feel the presence of the wind. Wear this Sigil and know the unseen ones watch over you as you wander the Dying Worlds. Walk with the Wind.

• This Sigil, when equipped, gives the Crow wearing it a bonus stat of +2% Damage!
  • This is granted as a gift from the Gods to VIP Members in August.

vip-for_social-aug021_copy.jpg

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT VIP:

• +100% Increase in Vault Space
  • +100% Increase in Campaign World Bank Space
  • Exclusive Monthly Rewards
  • Bonus Crowns Grants

And more! 

Visit: Crowfall.com/VIP for all the details!

Tiggs this is a mistake.  VIP rewards should never offer a stat.  VIP should never be anything more than a cosmetic.  2% isn't exactly game altering but its a slippery slope and could be the reason somebody decides to not play the game. 

Edited by mandalore
40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Your game is too young to be putting out damage boost like this. You guys really need to stop and think, P2W is not smart. Backer rewards were already large enough. You're literally going to kill your game doing poorly made dergs like this.

If you just listen and do what the players want, you guys might get rich as custard. But hey who actually likes 💰.

Also, I am a grown ass man. Why the hell do I have to read custard instead of %+@!$#?&*^.

Edited by Talos

55 minutes ago, Talos said:

If you just listen and do what the players want, you guys might get rich as custard.

They have spent the last 6-7 years completely ignoring 99.99% of the feedback they have received. I think at this point it's clear that Artcraft does not care at all about Crowfall nor any of their playerbase, outside of a few guild leaders who run 500 man guild zergs.

57 minutes ago, Talos said:

Also, I am a grown ass man. Why the hell do I have to read custard instead of %+@!$#?&*^.

"COME PLAY OUR HARDCORE PVP FOCUSED GAME! WAGE WAR AGAINST YOUR ENEMIES AND DESTROY EVERYTHING THEY OWN! PLAY TO CRUSH!"

(Also, please don't use no-no baddie words such as f u* c k on our forums because that might hurt out feelings 😢)

I wouldn't even be surprised if they lazily copy/pasted and used the exact same word filter that J. Todd Coleman had in Wizard101.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

It is interesting that these items have been around for two and a half years, and there's been little issue with them. Suddenly we now have a pay to win problem.  This is especially odd when the resistance also comes from backers who have already benefited from them in the past. 

Edited by BucDen

17 minutes ago, BucDen said:

It is interesting that these items have been around for two and a half years, and there's been little issue with them. Suddenly we now have a pay to win problem.  This is especially odd when the resistance also comes from backers who have already benefited from them in the past. 

I think a lot of it is about the optics of the game. Like you said, the other trinkets had been in the game for several years and they were given as a backer reward.

Now that the game has launched and they continue to put out things like that, it just adds even more to the whole "CROWFALL IS PAY2WIN" narrative.

It also adds a whole "When/where will they stop with these bonuses? Will we be seeing a 5% bonus to something coming? Maybe a 10%?" speculation.

Imagine that you have decided to try out a new MMO and then you see that one of the latest news in that MMO is that they are giving out a 2% damage boost to everyone who has VIP. Suddenly you will instantly think that VIP is a hard-requirement for being on an even playing field in that MMO, and thus you may end up wanting to not even trying it anyway.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020