Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall, should a 2080 TI be at 86-90 Degree Celsius?

Tendeep

Inside is free of dust, good airflow, liquid cooled CPU, functioning case fans etc - just for those who will ask.

Graphics are not maxed, around mid to high, but my 2080TI seems to always float at around 86 degrees Celsius, during large fights it goes higher, but also rises if I max out gfx settings.

Does anyone else experience this?

i9-9900K

32GB RAM

2080TI

ROG Strix z390-i MB

3 hours ago, Talmien said:

That temperature is fine, ICs are usually designed to operate a corners above 100 degree C. If you were reaching 120, I'd begin to worry a little and let it cool down.

Do not listen to this, it is incorrect. Nvidia lists 89c as the thermal cutoff for the 280ti. 120c LOL that is the dumbest thing I have heard on this forum today.

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Do not listen to this, it is incorrect. Nvidia lists 89c as the thermal cutoff for the 280ti. 120c LOL that is the dumbest thing I have heard on this forum today.

Congrats, you can read a google search result.

I'll leave it at this, everything on your 2080 TI was subject to temperatures above 200 degree C in production, that's the temperature needed to solder all the components including the Turing GPU. 90 degree C won't come close to causing any physical damage to the board or its components. 

Worst case you the GPU might start failing timing at higher temperatures and you'll need to let it cool down to become operational again. But it won't, because as I've said, the designers already made sure its operational at or above 100 degree C through simulation and thermal testing after production.

The 89 C spec is a lawyer number, no digital designer works with such an odd temperature setting, most PDKs from the foundry provide libraries with corners at 100 C, 125 C, and 150 C.

But sure, continue to read google and claim you know what you're talking about.

3 hours ago, Talmien said:

I'll leave it at this, everything on your 2080 TI was subject to temperatures above 200 degree C in production, that's the temperature needed to solder all the components including the Turing GPU. 90 degree C won't come close to causing any physical damage to the board or its components. 

Worst case you the GPU might start failing timing at higher temperatures and you'll need to let it cool down to become operational again. But it won't, because as I've said, the designers already made sure its operational at or above 100 degree C through simulation and thermal testing after production.

The 89 C spec is a lawyer number, no digital designer works with such an odd temperature setting, most PDKs from the foundry provide libraries with corners at 100 C, 125 C, and 150 C.

Sadly, his computer is not an micron chip fab plant, otherwise those numbers might be important.