Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Discipline XP rather than drops?

Abisbowa

I seem to be in a bit of an RNG slump right now. I currently have a Purple Mining Disk, Green Belt, and a Blue Ring. With a mining pot active, I have burned through 4 advanced picks and I haven't seen a single disc drop. I am mining in a Shadows campaign at the moment, hitting Tier 6, 7, and 8 nodes. I get soul gems, grit, and high quality resources; just not discs.  

I feel like adding XP to Discs (think Artifacts from DAoC) would make a lot of sense, and will add a sense of progression. Keep all of the systems as is, but instead of needing 3 of the same color disc, just one disc with max XP. The same could go for the belts. It would require you to downgrade to a lesser disc to level up, but at least you can see a bar filling as apposed to wondering if THIS node will finally give you a disc.

If you're going for disciplines, don't go for the highest level nodes. The node level doesn't help you, it hurts you, as disciplines drop equally from all node levels, and higher level nodes are harder to break.

I'm swimming in disciplines. It's not really luck, it's just persistence. I don't feel any change is warranted. People just need to understand that the dregs isn't the place you want to farm them.

2 hours ago, ChthonicOne said:

If you're going for disciplines, don't go for the highest level nodes. The node level doesn't help you, it hurts you, as disciplines drop equally from all node levels, and higher level nodes are harder to break.

I'm swimming in disciplines. It's not really luck, it's just persistence. I don't feel any change is warranted. People just need to understand that the dregs isn't the place you want to farm them.

It is a bit of luck/RNG.  I have gotten a green disc in 5 minutes, other times takes 2 hours.  So yeah, this process sucks and is not consistent. 

3 hours ago, ChthonicOne said:

People just need to understand that the dregs isn't the place you want to farm them.

RunestoneAxe.png

You may want to tell that to the devs.

Edited by Abisbowa

Hm, that seems like an inordinate "famine" period. Our guild has definitely noticed on an individual level that it is very feast or famine when drops happen, but our group of like 8 active players has accumulated ~70 miner discs after we got everybody to purple that wanted them

Edit: took a look at provided screenshot and it would actually make sense that youre burning through so many "advanced tools" if the stats on the rest of them are that bad. that is worse than our guild's intermediate tools

Edited by Hiahio

10 hours ago, Abisbowa said:

RunestoneAxe.png

Let me rephrase, the high level dregs nodes are not the place to farm them. That's what I mean.

On 8/5/2021 at 9:23 AM, Abisbowa said:

RunestoneAxe.png

You "can" farm them there, but it's harder to do. 

Also, anecdotally, I think there is a distinct possibility that the higher your gathering or crafting Discipline, the lower your chances of getting a discipline drop are. 

I really hope someone is number crunching this to see if I'm just imagining it. 

Edited by Solstar