Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How far can you get without entering any PvP zone?

kim-lee

Since New World got postponed again, I actually decided to give Crowfall a try, and to be honest I was surprised: I do like this game.

But how far can you get without being forced to enter any PvP areas?

And will there be a PvP Arena-Mode where stats are equal for all players?

You can't get anywhere significant, It's a primarily pvp first game. the very early zones that aren't pvp are literally tutorial zones. Anything after that is PVP.

There is no arena mode, and there will likely never be homogenized stats if there was an arena mode just due to the nature of the game. Class design in this game is focused on pvp.

There is hungerdome which is a team based Battle Royale, however you can use your existing characters (No gear though, you start naked).

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

There is hungerdome which is a team based Battle Royale, however you can use your existing characters (No gear though, you start naked).

I was just typing the same thing. The caveat though is that Hunger Dome isn't currently up and likely won't be made available until the game population gets much higher. From what the devs have said, Hunger Dome will be an occasional tournament, not an every day part of the game.

Would need to know what your goal is within the game first. 

My advice would be don't worry too much about PVP, it's everywhere but not necessarily forced upon you.  You can take steps to avoid it, careful planning, not holding tons of valuables at one time, etc.

Find a guild and go to the Dregs immediately, or go to FvF.  LEAVE.THE.STARTER.WORLD. 

On 8/4/2021 at 1:46 PM, kim-lee said:

Since New World got postponed again, I actually decided to give Crowfall a try, and to be honest I was surprised: I do like this game.

But how far can you get without being forced to enter any PvP areas?

And will there be a PvP Arena-Mode where stats are equal for all players?

Since everyone else pretty much addressed all these, I did want to reiterate that the arena style game mode is called Hunger Dome, and it is not currently an active part of the game model.

It's 12 teams of 5 players in a Battle Royale. It plays out over 30 minutes or less, and there are respawn points that you must capture and protect that progressively disappear as the map shrinks. You can farm mobs or giant bosses to get gold and gear for a slight edge. If you try to hide until the end, you miss out on a buff obtained by defeating players. But last team standing gets rewards.