Patch 7.0 - Blackguard Assassin PvP Build Guide

ZYBAK

Overview - 0:00
Race Choices - 1:25
Disciplines - 3:00
Talents - 8:25
Powers - 10:26
PvP Gameplay - 23:40

My Blackguard Assassin guide for patch 7.0. This patch is very new so don't take any of this as gospel. However I'm pretty confident that this will be a solid build. I'm sure others will have great builds as well.

Warden, Confessor & Barb's seem to be what gives me troubles with this build. Though that's probably my lack of understanding those other classes. But as Vindictus said above, those good fire casters kite me well. 

Hey ZYBAK!

Love the video man! I was experimenting and would Touch of Rot be better then Barbed Stake? I feel like with classes that want to move around you'll never really be able to get them to stay in the stake like ever. But, when it works it does work REALLY well! I would love your opinion on it! 

Thanks! 

10 hours ago, Limpinator said:

Hey ZYBAK!

Love the video man! I was experimenting and would Touch of Rot be better then Barbed Stake? I feel like with classes that want to move around you'll never really be able to get them to stay in the stake like ever. But, when it works it does work REALLY well! I would love your opinion on it! 

Thanks! 

You probably could run it. It would definitely help vs healers. The thing with Barbed Stake is that if someone is having to use mobility/waste time running out of it then I consider that a win.

I've been playing this build a bit recently, thanks for the guid Zybak. 

Do you have any tips on opening, or perhaps a first sequence that works well?

Also, from using my ult then hitting Diffusion, the most damage I've seen myself do is around 585 damage. I'm using blue gear, and have an advanced toxin equipped.

Any tips to increase this?

On 8/19/2021 at 2:36 AM, Meltdown said:

I've been playing this build a bit recently, thanks for the guid Zybak. 

Do you have any tips on opening, or perhaps a first sequence that works well?

Also, from using my ult then hitting Diffusion, the most damage I've seen myself do is around 585 damage. I'm using blue gear, and have an advanced toxin equipped.

Any tips to increase this?

If I can safely creep up to the person I generally try and open with Expose-Backstab to have Blinkstep as my first mobility option when I need it.

If there's a lot of AoE or I need to dismount someone I'll open with Expose-Blinkstep

After the initial opener I'm going to do my Shiv combo, Backstab, get a Dagger Spin barrier up, then start the Diffusions. As soon as I start dropping to around 90% I start looking for an opportunity to Envenom for the heal from Yaga's Gift + give me PDM/All Toxins refreshed.

6 minutes ago, ZYBAK said:

If I can safely creep up to the person I generally try and open with Expose-Backstab to have Blinkstep as my first mobility option when I need it.

If there's a lot of AoE or I need to dismount someone I'll open with Expose-Blinkstep

After the initial opener I'm going to do my Shiv combo, Backstab, get a Dagger Spin barrier up, then start the Diffusions. As soon as I start dropping to around 90% I start looking for an opportunity to Envenom for the heal from Yaga's Gift + give me PDM/All Toxins refreshed.

Thanks for the tip, and when do you typically use a 'mobility option' ?

19 minutes ago, Meltdown said:

Thanks for the tip, and when do you typically use a 'mobility option' ?

Whenever someone gets away from me and it's more than dodge roll distance.

If I have Blinkstep up I'll use that before 180 Disengage. It's faster and applies Instant Toxin + gives you a little heal.

So I've been running your build for a week or so now and it's definitely strong. I made a few changes with the major / minors glyphs though. I ended up dropping Poison Sapper and picked up Banshee for the 35% reflect / heal and the 20% damage increase to targets below 35% health. I also dropped Barbed Stake for Touch of Rot because I felt that any decent player wouldn't stand in the bleed for more than a second or 2. Also I've considered dropping touch of rot and replacing it with Archery for the ranged slot to utilize the vanish ultimate.

Do you feel that Poison Sapper is still a better major than something like Banshee? Also, do you think having a ranged slot is even worth it for this type of build?

Edited by ceregonX