Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why do Auras stop working when going stealth on a Duelist?

Tendeep

For example, Vengeful Aura work fine when not stealth, when stealth it kills the aura and when you pop out of stealth you have to re-apply it again. 

Is this normal?  Feels like stealth should not break songs and auras.

I do not have much experience with stealthing classes, does this do the same thing on ranger and assassin?

I think they do this by design, but I agree it is annoying. 

I get that it would be broken or OP to have auras work on a stealthed person that you cant find, but why not make them stay on, but inactive? For example you turn song of speed on and burrow and the buff is on, but not the effect, you pop out of your burrow and it picks right up.

Here's my complaint with aura vs stealth. [Song of Speed] increase movement speed: stealth by 30%, but it can't be an active song in stealth ...

21 minutes ago, Wanini said:

Here's my complaint with aura vs stealth. [Song of Speed] increase movement speed: stealth by 30%, but it can't be an active song in stealth ...

Because it applies to the whole party, not just you. You benefit from the stealth speed when another person is using it, making it much easier for you to position in combat.

Songs and auras detoggle in stealth so that you can't just pop out of stealth with a bunch of persistent effects already activated with no setup time. You can benefit from these effects by teaming up with another player using them in stead of relying on your stealthy character to also be the one making loud songs and warcries.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

Because it applies to the whole party, not just you. You benefit from the stealth speed when another person is using it, making it much easier for you to position in combat.

Songs and auras detoggle in stealth so that you can't just pop out of stealth with a bunch of persistent effects already activated with no setup time. You can benefit from these effects by teaming up with another player using them in stead of relying on your stealthy character to also be the one making loud songs and warcries.

So make it a selfish buff in stealth. Songs don't need to be loud and auras don't make any noise. You know what? I can work with that. Going stealth with a song on should reduce your stealth stat.

Edited by Wanini

46 minutes ago, Wanini said:

So make it a selfish buff in stealth. Songs don't need to be loud and auras don't make any noise. You know what? I can work with that. Going stealth with a song on should reduce your stealth stat.

better yet: replace the music domain on stealthers with something more useful to them in stead of creating an annoying stealth aura meta.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

43 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

better yet: replace the music domain on stealthers with something more useful to them in stead of creating an annoying stealth aura meta.

Sure I can work with that. Gimme wind if you have to take away music.

10 minutes ago, Wanini said:

Sure I can work with that. Gimme wind if you have to take away music.

I like how you're thinking.

2 hours ago, Wanini said:

So it's not actually about going stealth but switching trays. My music archer lost auto song when switching to melee trays.

Correct. To me this prevents people with multiple bars putting songs on one bar and the abilities they want to use on the other. 

It prevents a lot of potential abuse and is a good mechanic. 

Yeah, if you have mutliple trays, you need the aura/song to be on both your bars for it to not cancel itself on tray swaps. However, you can't use auras or songs in stealth (something about singing while being sneaky?) so they just end up canceling themselves and you'll need to refresh it at the beginning of combat

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

On 8/7/2021 at 2:08 PM, Wanini said:

would be interesting if group buffs/aura only applies to group members in stealth and doesn't work on anyone outside of stealth and they didnt get removed while in stealth and so on.

Veeshan Midst of UXA