Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Player Experience is terrible.

Aeshniyuff

At no point in the "tutorial" did it tell me the only way to reset my talent points was to either have VIP, or pay 75k gold. It left a bad taste in my mouth coming in as a trial player expecting to get at least 1 free talent tree reset upon exiting the tutorial to learn from General Chat, that I either have to pay or grind to reset specs that I was trying out while still learning the game.

It was ok. I just finished the NPE on my first character during the trial. I do agree 1 free token or tome or whatever would be a good idea, because it's really easy to make a mistake. Going in I knew I had to get VIP for free respecs however, so it never bothered me. They have to make money somehow.

VIP is essentially required to play the game as the characters and builds are complex enough that you'd never figure it all out unless someone fed you a race/class/spec/disc combo to run with from the start. Farming that much gold is unrealistic entirely. I'm kinda okay with the VIP price, but the non-VIP cost of respec and boost books is... unreasonable.

So, the Respec Tome in the store is $5.

Therefore, it's directly implied that $5 = 75,000 gold. 

For as heavy as this game is with Theorycrafting, $5 for one respec seems unreasonably steep. 

3 hours ago, Solstar said:

So, the Respec Tome in the store is $5.

Therefore, it's directly implied that $5 = 75,000 gold. 

For as heavy as this game is with Theorycrafting, $5 for one respec seems unreasonably steep. 

the $5 isn't steep the 75k gold is, If it was 20k or even 35k gold i could see grinding for it but I don't even see a point in putting in hours to a game that punished me out of the gate

7 hours ago, Aeshniyuff said:

the $5 isn't steep the 75k gold is, If it was 20k or even 35k gold i could see grinding for it but I don't even see a point in putting in hours to a game that punished me out of the gate

I get what you're saying about the $5, but the only reason the gold price is so high, is directly related to the real money value that is placed on it.  I think ArtCraft has realized the $5 price tag for a single respec is out of line, so I imagine the prices for respec are going to come down soon.  That's my suspicion at least.