Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Race change

cartZ

Hi, do u guys think about implementing any race change service with CRO or something like that? You know, we have (and probably will have more) race changes, so what do we invest (time and resources) in the character gets lost if we want to change?

Edited by cartz

1. It takes 3 hours to get to lvl 30 without a boost and 20mins if you do so deleting a toon and remaking isn't that bad.

2. unlike other MMOs race is a huge part of the character's kit and changes way to much about it to just be able to swap for another instantly.

3. The only thing you lose if you remake a character if the time you put into leveling it to 30 (or higher). Everything but the vessel if you have one is account bound and will persist.

2. THE CLASSES yeah maybe, but race? With same class, disc, gear? In a game where u get "lv max." in 30 minutes? How a different "dash" and some passives change the experience of grinding up to lv. 35 in such a way that u have to go all that long way once again? I don't think so.

3. Have u already leveled a char up to 34 (I think not)? My time is precious, this is a PVP game. 

Why ill lose hours killing billions of mobs and farming gold or resources to make another identical char (except race) because the DEV decided to change the race I choose earlier or whatever the reason - REPEAT - IN A PVP GAME?

Edited by cartz

Okay, didn't think we would end up in one of these hostile posts but ill bite.

1. at least you can't argue with that point so good for you bud.

2. The race not only gives very different base stats for your character but also opens up certain discs and your class is restricted by race so I wouldn't think that the coding required to let someone change their ranger from human to either elken, half-elf or minotaur would be worth the devs time and effort. Pre planning is an essential part of any build, thats why they still have a free test server open to the public.

3. No I haven't no lifed a character to 34 yet, but I do have a 32 and regularly wreck high leveled players so the 50hp you are getting per level really doesn't matter. And if your time was precious you wouldn't worrying about showing off in a PvP game. 

Name one PVP game that would allow you to just change a fundamental part of your character after you made it because I can't think of a single one. And before you even mention it WoW doesn't come even close to a PVP game.

3 hours ago, Throwhemon said:

Name one PVP game that would allow you to just change a fundamental part of your character after you made it because I can't think of a single one. And before you even mention it WoW doesn't come even close to a PVP game.

The key thing here is that the OP didnt change a fundamental part of his character after he made it, the Devs did. 

11 hours ago, mystafyi said:

The key thing here is that the OP didnt change a fundamental part of his character after he made it, the Devs did

Only thing the devs changed are the assassin and duelist, no race changes since launch.

4 hours ago, Throwhemon said:

Only thing the devs changed are the assassin and duelist, no race changes since launch.

My Fae is looking at her broken wings and is telling me you are incorrect.