Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Price Protection on Parcels and Buildings

DEV-Tiggs

A Windfall for Crowfall Parcel and Building Buyers

Today, Crowfall announced it is awarding Crowns to players as price protection for the change in pricing on Parcels and Buildings individually purchased from the Crowfall Store at any time before today, August 9, 2021. 

That’s right, for any player who purchased a Parcel (section of land on which a building can be placed in your personal Eternal Kingdom) or a Building (unique structures that players can place in their personal Eternal Kingdom), no matter when you will be receiving a price protection credit in the form of “Crowns” (Crowfall’s virtual currency). The Crowns granted will cover the difference in the price based on when you originally purchased and today’s new pricing. 

Best of all, for all players in the worlds of Crowfall, beginning today the cost of all Parcels are being reduced by 40% and the cost of Buildings will be reduced by varying amounts to accommodate changes in the market and to be responsive to player feedback. ArtCraft’s philosophy is that whenever you purchase digital goods from our store, the price we charge you will always be the best value we can offer. A crowning achievement that bodes well for Crows across the community!

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

16 hours ago, Zeno said:

Cool, now do the 3 character slots for $50+ (more than a new account) next! :)

This, I would buy them in a heartbeat if they were $10, but not buying them out of principle because they are more than the base game. And many people in my guild have said the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 12:12 PM, Eklypz said:

This, I would buy them in a heartbeat if they were $10, but not buying them out of principle because they are more than the base game. And many people in my guild have said the same thing.

This is exactly where I'm at, as well as numerous others in my guild as well. We can all afford to buy them but won't on principle because it's absurd that the extra character slots essentially cost more than a new account. I feel like this was by design to inflate the number of active accounts and VIP subscriptions... though I could be wrong, but I don't know how else you'd justify something so trivial being so ridiculously overpriced. No other game really does that these days and it makes the price point stick out like a sore thumb.

I can only hope they are seeing analytics showing that people are not buying that service because of the ludicrous price and reduce it *significantly*.

Ironically, the thinking that we'd just buy more accounts is flawed, I won't, and because of it I'm less likely to play long term because once I run out of slots and have a bunch of geared up characters, there is zero chance I'm deleting them or overpaying for more slots and I'm certainly not starting over on a second account, so i'm more inclined to let the VIP expire than pay the alternative.