Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Parcels and tokens

Wu1fric

So I'm currently working on getting my EK up and build out to become an arena pvp type EK for my guild. I've purchase some cool parcels and I've come to notice that each/some parcel has token (S, M, L, etc) to dictate what can be place on it. Cool, I think I get what the reason for those tokens are there for, but what bugs me though is why aren't all the tokens combined with all the parcels so that we could place stuff wherever we want. Like if I have a shire parcel and an hamlet parcel. instead of having to put 2 medium buildings on the hamlet I could put 3 in the shire and 1 in the hamlet or like use the defense token from the shire and expand the walls from the shire into the hamlet. Especially on the woodland parcels. as it currently seems like those parcels have no function to them at all. It would've been cool if we could at least use some of the defense tokens or XS/S tokens to build like bridges, towers, etc on them to give a little more life. 

But maybe I'm just not getting something here about these parcels/tokens and maybe someone can explain to me how to better utilize them to build out my EK the way I want? As it currently stands I'm kind of stuck in the middle of how is supposed to be done when it comes to these parcels/tokens. 

Edited by Wu1fric

Yea, the woodlands, hills, and creeks are pretty useless. In pre-alpha we used to be able to build on them and that was fun. I really liked building on the Hills parcel. Wish I still could.  =(

IhhQKY6.gif

5 hours ago, Wu1fric said:

Especially on the woodland parcels. as it currently seems like those parcels have no function to them at all.

The Woodland parcels are on par with the rest of the crafting system, where pointless parts have to be crafted just to create grind and busy work.

For a game that came out the gate with "I don’t want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar, or collect another meaningless badge" they sure screwed that pooch, kicked it a few times, then took it out back and shot it. 

Token amounts have always been pretty anemic for no apparent reason other than they want you to have to buy or make more parcels.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

What I don't understand is how do trade EKs put hundreds of cottages? in a small area.

I bought (perhaps stupidly in hindsight) an estate parcel, but its quite a large area and I can only put a cottage and a tree (or other small building). I can put 300 XS buildings, is there an XS building that can have a vendor?

1 hour ago, mehuge said:

is there an XS building that can have a vendor?

You mean like is the vendor stall considered an XS building so that a marketplace can just be organized vendor stalls? Heck, no. That would make sense. 

4 hours ago, BucDen said:

You mean like is the vendor stall considered an XS building so that a marketplace can just be organized vendor stalls? Heck, no. That would make sense. 

They are coming out this a marketplace parcel soon as per last Q&A. While I doubt they will change the vender stall size I am pretty sure the marketplace parcel will be designed to hold a lot of vendors. 

15 hours ago, mystafyi said:

They are coming out this a marketplace parcel soon as per last Q&A. While I doubt they will change the vender stall size I am pretty sure the marketplace parcel will be designed to hold a lot of vendors. 

Interesting. If that parcel can hold multiple vendors, then I assume it can hold multiple chests too. Only reason I'm working on my EK is to increase storage capacity.

34 minutes ago, Wanini said:

Interesting. If that parcel can hold multiple vendors, then I assume it can hold multiple chests too. Only reason I'm working on my EK is to increase storage capacity.

I have no clue. I can only refer you to the AUG Q&A. It could very well only hold vendors with no chest slots or be the Mother Of All Parcels. (MOAP)