Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

02/27/15 - Distribution/hosting Outside Of North America For Crowfall

We'll have European servers at launch.  And I'm working to make sure they are localized too. 

I'm sure we all have friends that will be absolutely thrilled at this confirmation. The big concern from all of my EU friends, and what has had some of them concerned about backing, is that their experience may be inferior to their NA counterparts. I'm glad that Crowfall is committed to providing a quality experience for both regions and their experience will be a great one.

Edited by Arawulf

We'll have European servers at launch.  And I'm working to make sure they are localized too. 

OH MY GOSH.

Love u :)

I DON'T REGRET THESE 100$

Edited by Aang

There is no need to waste time in localizing the game, this will fragment more the population into country ghettos (it happens in GW2 with dedicated country servers where everyone but the native country is pratically unwelcome).

Let have just 1 client and in english, at least for the beginning, everyone interested in this kind of game know english in a certain degree.

ps: If you are so obsessed with the localization just translate the npc text (for tasks and descriptions), don't start to translate item names or the whole chat will be a huge mess.

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

That's awesome! I greatly appreciate it, thank you so much Gordon Walton. If you guys are going to be the publisher then I'm willing to marry you! (:

Edited by Esther

t70C8a9.png     "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."  - Albert Einstein

I am from Singapore, there is a publisher here in Singapore - Garena. They also the publish league of legends, path of exile, etc...

Another publisher cubinet interactive sdn bhd, base in Malaysia which is near to Singapore.

Well Singapore we have fiber optic broadband for most homes, offices, etc.. so the server located in Singapore is really an idea place an MMO, and the Singapore Government thru EDB(Economic Development Board) offers incentives that Artcraft Entertainment might even consider setting up a small office and the servers here, rather than go through a publisher.

Putting the servers in Singapore, might be idea to support these countries, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, etc...

For Japan/Korea - u need publisher because of language issues.

For China/Taiwan - the regions is really big and u need a big publisher to cover these 2 countries.

I can now hold my Amber Pledge with pride. This has truly made my day - thank you!

Only those who ask questions have all the answers. Thus only the foolish remain silent.

You just made my day!

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

good to hear :)

now the last 2 questions regarding servers still remain though:

- will you use some form of region lock?

- who is hosting the servers "abroad"?

happy times,

Will it be easy to switch between EU and US server? like in guildwars 1 where you just go to the dropdown menu and select EU/US?If not, maybe allow each account to have one US and one EU homeserver?

The thing is I love to play with US friends when there are few people online on the EU side.

Recent mmo's make it difficult to play together with friends from other regions nowadays.

Like for example I used to be in a US alliance in guildwars one,but because they have separated servers according to the regions in gw2,it is impossible to play with friends from both regions.

Edited by Tipsy

Recent mmo's make it difficult to play together with friends from other regions nowadays.

I know your pain.

Only those who ask questions have all the answers. Thus only the foolish remain silent.

There is no need to waste time in localizing the game, this will fragment more the population into country ghettos (it happens in GW2 with dedicated country servers where everyone but the native country is pratically unwelcome).

Yes, this is quite likely to become a problem.

Will us United States players be able to Visit the European campaigns if we choose to do so?  or even Visit my EU friends EK?  Or will that all be regional locked?

I am afraid if we cannot do this you just fragmented our guild into two parts.

This is amazing. I've been following this thread for a while, not quite sure whether to pledge or not. The game looks amazing and I'm more exciting over this game than any other game in years. And the fact that you take the time to even reply in the threads is something I find truly unique. I will definitely pledge now and I will make sure to tell all my friends about these wonderful news! 

Thank you.

I'm sorry to ask this question if it's been done so or in any slightest connection specifically to it.
Is global server out of the question now?
If it is what problems and or restrictions are we looking into and are there no way to overcome it?
Budgets?
Complexity?
Content sensitivity in different countries?
Man power?
Technical maintenance?
License?
Business plans?