Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

02/27/15 - Distribution/hosting Outside Of North America For Crowfall

Please DO NOT worry with South America. Let us play on the NA server. Even if you come to our hotter lands with a partner, I will keep playing on the NA server. Do NOT worry with this, this early. NA and EU servers are enough.

If, by any chance, you do that, please DO NOT block outside IPs from playing on their preferred servers <3

Edited by BaSkA

“War is mass murder, conscription is slavery and taxation is robbery.” ― Murray N. Rothbard
alGxc9C.png
✣Junte-se a nós✣

Please DO NOT worry with South America. Let us play on the NA server. Even if you come to our hotter lands with a partner, I will keep playing on the NA server. Do NOT worry with this, this early. NA and EU servers are enough.

If, by any chance, you do that, please DO NOT block outside IPs from playing on their preferred servers <3

I strongly agree. I want to play on an international server, I want to play on the server that you guys from artcraft are making, because it was you guys who made me enter the hype train and I would like to play the crowfall that you all showed me.

Edited by Vaands

"An ordinary archer practices until he gets it right. A Ranger practices until he never gets it wrong." -The Lost Stories  

naxCJH.png

✣Junte-se a nós✣

I strongly agree. I want to play on an international server, I want to play on the server that you guys from artcraft are making, because it was you guys who made me enter the hype train and I would like to play the crowfall that you all showed me.

coming from Singapore, I have no faith in asia publishers. as most have probably known that it almost always turn out to be p2w down the road.

then again, I also understand the cost to put up localize server in other region is really costly. *sigh. I just have to gather more than 10k people or I'll migrate to a closer country.

don't mind me, just felt the need to express myself in this thread.  ;)

Glad we got that info because i hope and thought we would have atleast EU servers aswell, i hope we can have some EU servers at release :) anyway Congratz on 800k! Keep up the good work and i cant wait for alpha to start ;) 

While I might get flak for this proposal:

Have a look at NCSoft as a distributional partner:

• Knowledged in the distribution of MMOs for both EU and Asia (NA also of course but that's something you are taking care of yourselves)
  • Knowledged in the distribution and service of B2P-MMOs (GW2)
  • Known to be rather hands off in regards to ArenaNet
  • Seems to be willing of taking a risk (there were several games in the past with concepts out of the ordinary. Some failed which didn't seem to have an impact on what they - as a publisher - were willing to risk)

Of course, NCSoft takes flak for past dubious decisions and practices but lately I'd say their track record is rather positive than negative. Their customer support is solid, their localizations are sound and they operate out of Brighton, UK in the EU IIRC.

Edited by Angier

We are concerned about latency, and have heard this concern from others for a PvP centric game like ours.  This drives us to want servers closer in internet terms to players.

If we end up with ~10k early backers in the EU, we'll need to put a server there for the late betas.  The same would hold for Asia-Pacific/Aus/NZ, South America, Russia/Eastern Europe and/or China

We hear the feedback on English working OK for many countries, such as the Nordic countries and the Netherlands.  While Germany/France/Spain/Portugal(+Brazil) would need to be localized in the EU.  Regardless if the game is in English or not, emailing/calling to fix an issue with you VIP subscription or other customers service likely needs to be localized to be effective.  Community needs to be fostered in the native language to reach beyond the bilingual people.  It is a more nuanced problem than many here think, because their English is fluent enough or they are experienced enough players to thrive on North America services.

Appreciate the feedback, keep it coming!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

We are concerned about latency, and have heard this concern from others for a PvP centric game like ours.  This drives us to want servers closer in internet terms to players.

If we end up with ~10k early backers in the EU, we'll need to put a server there for the late betas.  The same would hold for Asia-Pacific/Aus/NZ, South America, Russia/Eastern Europe and/or China

We hear the feedback on English working OK for many countries, such as the Nordic countries and the Netherlands.  While Germany/France/Spain/Portugal(+Brazil) would need to be localized in the EU.  Regardless if the game is in English or not, emailing/calling to fix an issue with you VIP subscription or other customers service likely needs to be localized to be effective.  Community needs to be fostered in the native language to reach beyond the bilingual people.  It is a more nuanced problem than many here think, because their English is fluent enough or they are experienced enough players to thrive on North America services.

Please dont act early on this, you might end up having 3 million from kickstarter, i think that would be enough for EU and US servers? And then you can open more servers depending on the income.

I wish turkey was more developed country. Because its right between EU and Asia, a server located at turkey could handle both continents in one server.

But in current situation opening 2 seperate servers might end up being better then 1 server in turkey

Just why not to make it DFUW style. The only good thing in DFUW. While in lobby you can chose EU or NA server. Also localization may lead to IP block for other regions, I saw it many times and don't want it to happen. (E.g. Tera). And I am sure all Eu players are fine to play only in English if all the servers will be hosted by you

And I am sure all Eu players are fine to play only in English if all the servers will be hosted by you

This is definitely not my experience from previous games but perhaps it's true for this particular type of game audience.  Wouldn't that imply that the ability "English as a second language" is strongly correlated to the "PvP" or "Crafting" abilities?  :)

We're hoping the crowdfunding data gives us some indication of the potential demand and market size in the non-English speaking countries and regions for Crowfall.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

To be honest while it is obvious I'll have latency issues I so don't want to be separated from the rest of the community. Even if it is US/EU division, still 'meh'. I know a lot of people won't share my opinion, but that's how I feel about it. I don't see other solution to this problem, however. *sigh*

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

This is definitely not my experience from previous games but perhaps it's true for this particular type of game audience.  Wouldn't that imply that the ability "English as a second language" is strongly correlated to the "PvP" or "Crafting" abilities?  :)

We're hoping the crowdfunding data gives us some indication of the potential demand and market size in the non-English speaking countries and regions for Crowfall.

I dont think anyone will have problems playing an english game in EU. And its mush better for you to host game. There is not a 1 good company you can thrust when it comes to EU market

Gordon have you guys ever spoken about possibly having server/servers in the oceania area? From your experience with mmo's has Oceania a strong enough market to make profit out of having a server over here? It's taken WoW 10 years to get servers over here and LoL also got some here a bit over a year ago. 

Does the game need to be making billions to get a server in Oceania? 

Edited by Cheewy

YannMLq.png

Gordon have you guys ever spoken about possibly having server/servers in the oceania area? From your experience with mmo's has Oceania a strong enough market to make profit out of having a server over here? It's taken WoW 10 years to get servers over here and LoL also got some here a bit over a year ago. 

Does the game need to be making billions to get a server in Oceania? 

This is the problem with non-sub games, You cannot guarantee a stable income to open servers

Even on Tera some people from EU are playing at US server just because enmasse is much better then gameforge

Edited by Navhkrin

But my experience is that I am still unable to play Tera on EU or NA server.

You guys shouldn't care at all about releasing the game in another language. People who live in Europe are learning english in school and they've to deal with it if they wanna play this game, but the most important part is still unclear. If you guys are going to be the publisher which doesn't look like it since you want the game in another language (not really a good idea), if we'll get the rewards on our eu accounts transfered (possible, depends on the publisher) and if we'll get a server located in eu (pretty clear that we'll get one which would be amazing).

As stated in the other "European Publisher/release"- thread, please don'T care about releasing the game in another language. You guys can do this whenever you have time and a spare of money left but the biggest concern is who will be the publisher, and we still hope ArtCraft will it be!

Here's my post from the other thread:

To be honest, that is pretty much the worst way which you can go for the europe players.

You guys shouldn't translate the game into another language when you don't have the money at least not yet. People in the europe are going to learn english in the school and if they would like to play the game then they clearly be able to read and speak in proper english. The most important thing for us is, if you guys are going to be the publisher which looks like you won't be (a huge minus point), if we will have a server for europe (as I've read there'll be a stretch goal in the future) and if you are going to transfer the rewards to EU then (which isn't clearly stated if it will work with the new publisher).

Please, stop caring about the release in another language, the most important aspect is that YOU GUYS are going to be OUR EU publisher. The worst part which you can take is going to give the game to another publisher and then you'll see the EU servers being a ghost town. Stuff like that doesn't happen one time, it's pretty much all the time when another publisher got their hands on the game to make it pay2win in any aspect and will custard up the nice game. It'll be possible to handle the EU - server/game through America.

My concern is, please ArtCraft if you're going to read this what I clearly hope. Please, please don't search for another publisher, release the game in english and everything is fine but please don't give the game to another publisher. Set up a stretch goal $1.5M - 2M for release with EU server and you guys will be the publisher then you'll see EU throwing money on your screen and we greatly appreciate that!!

Please, don't destroy our dreams by a huge mistake.

With a different publisher, we'll also deal with another forum for "Crowfall" I assume and then we'll get the problems with our rewards for the forum like "Forum Badge" as example. The easiest way to deal with the issues would be ArtCraft will set up a server located in Europe and release teh game in english as they're going to do with America.

Edited by Esther

t70C8a9.png     "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."  - Albert Einstein

@Gordon, the latency is just matter of milliseconds - so ACE don't need to worry about an EU server. I think most EU players will play on the NA server anyway, because so many old EU guilds have NA players and vice versa.

I've no issues playing with (180-200) pings on a NA server related to FPS games.

I think a server near Australia/Asia is more important, because they might have over 300+ pings - then it might become an issue.

Edited by Mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

i personally hope that if they have EU servers, there will be a separation between english and non-english servers. there's nothing i hate more than chat spam in polish/german/french or w/e. i don't speak any of the "big" european languages, but i'm too far from NA to play comfortably on their servers. it's really a bummer sometimes.

I know what you mean but there would be no problem when the devs give us the option to add new chat channels. And let the global chat english only.  For regional servers / campaigns I would say is the playerbase too small. International server are a must for full servers / campaigns.

Edited by Phiqu